Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

Quote Originally Posted by c0caine View Post
    My iTunes always throws me back to the "Configure new iphone" page although ive already said i want to use my backup. The iPhone itself is totally usable only iTunes is f*cking it up Any idea?
    Check out www.sleepers.net which has workabround listed on there, sorted the new phone restore problem out for me.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.1 iphone and I want to upgrade to a custom 2.0.1 firmware using winpwn 2.0.0.4. Should I upgrade to a factory firmware (1.1.3, 1.1.4, 2.0, etc.) first or should I attempt to go straight to the custom 2.0.1 firmware using winpwn? I guess what I'm asking is should I have a prerequisite firmware on my iphone before installing the custom winpwn created firmware. If so, which version?

Also, what is the function of the "no wipe" check box in the Advanced category of IPSW builder of winpwn 2.0.0.4? does checking it allow a clean wipe of your phone or is it something completely different?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ikecomp; 2008-08-11 at 01:30 PM.

Exclamation iPhone firmeware Upgrade of a jailbreaked firmeware
    Hi

does anybody know if I have to re-install all aplications and re-organize all my settings after I have installed the new jailbreaked firmeware 2.0.1 on my iPhone 3g? Or is there a possibility to install the new jailbreaked firmeware like the official firmeware upgrade without loosing any settings and applications?

thanks for support and best regards to all

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatxiii View Post
    alright i keep getting the error 6, and now my phone is stuck in recovery mode, how do i get it out of recovery mode????
    It's very hard to Install this version.

Just did a 3G on 2.0.1 and it worked perfectly the first time. This is great software and thank you to all the people that worked on it.

The only thing I see so far is Customize is a little buggy still. It works and does everything that you want it to....it just crashes back to the home screen often. It crashes every time you try to preview an audio sound. Im sure its being worked on as you read this.

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil39 View Post
    Hi

does anybody know if I have to re-install all aplications and re-organize all my settings after I have installed the new jailbreaked firmeware 2.0.1 on my iPhone 3g? Or is there a possibility to install the new jailbreaked firmeware like the official firmeware upgrade without loosing any settings and applications?

thanks for support and best regards to all
    I was able to jailbreak and restore all my settings contacts, emails and applications through itunes. Just back your phone up first thought itunes and once your done pwning itunes will ask you to set up your phone as a new or from a back up....select the back up you just created.

Doing this even put my apps back in the order and on the pages I had them on.
    Last edited by pitsrule1; 2008-08-11 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I was on 1.1.4 unlocked with ziphone.

Put my iPhone into recovery mode and restored to the custom 2.0 firmware, I got from sleepers.net when it came out a bit back. Everything went fine.

Put my iPhone into recovery mode and restored to the custom 2.0.1 firmware (iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw), think I got it from MMi, I know I didn't make it myself. Everything again went fine.

I've never even used winpwn, maybe just messing about creating custom FW's, which I've never installed on the iPhone itself. Never needed to use the "iPwner" button.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

I had this too on one of the other phones that I did. If you are an At&t customer you have to make sure that "Activate" is not checked. This option is for non at&t customers. I dont know what to tell you if your not an at&t customer. I think it is the Advanced tab in winpwn...basically everything on that page should be unchecked if you are an at&t customer. Hope I helped.

For the error 6, I had the same situation with windows. In the same machine but booting in Mac (Hackintoch) I use the PWN version of Mac and it works. In iPhone 1gen

Banned
    Thanks

Why is it that everytime I create a custom firmware 1.4 it refuses to install?
    I've used all 4 of the latest winpwn versions and they all give the same result.
    I can create a 2.0/2.01 firmware and that installs fine but a 1.4 always gives 160* errors when trying to install.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where can we download the iPod 2.0.1 firmware?

Found it - iPod/iPhone Firmware Download
    Last edited by UiK; 2008-08-11 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Why is it that everytime I create a custom firmware 1.4 it refuses to install?
    I've used all 4 of the latest winpwn versions and they all give the same result.
    I can create a 2.0/2.01 firmware and that installs fine but a 1.4 always gives 160* errors when trying to install.

Because these winpwn versions arent designed to make a 1.1.4 If you really want to have a jailbroken/unlocked 1.1.4 use Ziphone or iLiberty etc etc. The Winpwn versions have support for older firmwares so you can upgrade, but you can pwn anything older than 2.0 and really with the newest version its designed to make a custom 2.0.1

iTunes 7.6 or later will not let you install anything less than 2.0
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-08-12 at 03:11 AM.

Is anyone having this issue were your itunes tells you that you only have 6.59gb of full capacity instead of 7.08 i did the 1000 partition is there anyway to fix this.
    Theres nothing to fix, you stole space from your media partition to use in your os partition. Itunes only reports media partition free space. To get a true free space amount, either run terminal on the phone or ssh in and run df -h.

Quote Originally Posted by pitsrule1 View Post
    Just did a 3G on 2.0.1 and it worked perfectly the first time. This is great software and thank you to all the people that worked on it.

The only thing I see so far is Customize is a little buggy still. It works and does everything that you want it to....it just crashes back to the home screen often. It crashes every time you try to preview an audio sound. Im sure its being worked on as you read this.

Thanks!!!!

I was able to jailbreak and restore all my settings contacts, emails and applications through itunes. Just back your phone up first thought itunes and once your done pwning itunes will ask you to set up your phone as a new or from a back up....select the back up you just created.

Doing this even put my apps back in the order and on the pages I had them on.
    Does this revive the NATIVE apps also? When I went through the back up process everything else was recovered, except the Apps installed through Cydia were gone (including the themes I had isntalled on springboard).

Thanks

anybody kows if installer will be available on cydia? i really dont feel like pwning again

brianiino, I guess never cuz they are competitors but offer almost same programs.
    ikecomp, you can go streight to 2.0.1 pwned(!!!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diem0n View Post
    brianiino, I guess never cuz they are competitors but offer almost same programs.
    ikecomp, you can go streight to 2.0.1 pwned(!!!)
    Yeah but why is it that u can download cydia from installer ????

I don't know ;-) it was my guess...

Hi, everything worked well for me doing this. Only thing is that when I click to download something free on the app store it asks for a user name/ password... any insights is greatly appreciated

well you do need an iTunes account to download stuff from it. get an account

2.0.0.4 is by far the only winpwn version that worked for me. for those of you getting error 6, you're just not in DFU restore. i got error 6 like 10 times b4 it worked. then coming to realize my screen is supposed to be black, not the connect to iTunes logo. the timing is tricky. gotta mess with it a little bit
    Last edited by knoxx22; 2008-08-11 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to knoxx22 For This Useful Post:

KLEAR (2008-08-11)

Default Jailbreaking 2.0
    I restored my iphone to 2.0 firmware.i tried using winpwn to create a custom file and tried restoring with itunes using the custom firmware but itunes keep telling me error,the iphone can not be restored.please i need assistance.thanks..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to djenius For This Useful Post:

knoxx22 (2008-08-11)

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast