Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0.0.4 Out

Guys yhis is very easy;
    1.Turn on computer
    2.Plug in phone
    3.open itunes...sync and back up
    4.open winpwn
    5.download 2.0.1 fimware from mmi to desktop
    6.browse ipsw from desktop
    7.build custom, uncheck activate, check cydia and installer, change partition size to 750mbor higher
    8. pwn itunes
    9. re-open itunes
    10. put phone in dfu mode
    11. hold shift and click restore
    12 locate your custom 2.0.1 and restore
    13.after complete click restore from backup...done!!!
    (if it asks you to retore from backup again click it to back up from previous again and then ctrl-alt delete, shut down itunes, then reopen, itunes will then allow you to sync)
    hpe this helps.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by umair9001 View Post
    i have a problem with my iphone (2g)

i once pawnd it n install 2.0.1 wid cydia but i forgot to tick installer wic i wanted actually..

now from then i tried to reinstall i get error 6 in the beginning..

then i searched n found that the cell wasnt in DFU mode..

now even after i put the cell in DFU mode, it goes till the step Preparing iPhone software for restore and it stays there for a pretty longtime and then it gives me an error with the number 6..

Even i tried degrading to 2.0 (nt pawnd ) and den upgrading it but no use it dint help me..

Could any1 sugges to me a solution..??
    I just posted a helping tip for this.. basically when it appears to hang try unplugging and replugging into a diff. usb port or the same...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

HarlemState (2008-08-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

For the folks with errors:

15. Now click ‘Ipwner’ button in WinPwn and browse/select the custom IPSW you just created. Click ‘OK’ after receiving the ‘Your Itunes has been Pwned!’

NOTE: If you have tried the WinPwn process and received the 06, 1600, 1601, or 1602 error messages, you probably skipped this step (as we learned the hard way after an hour of frustration).

Default Best way to learn SSH and winscp
    Quote Originally Posted by kurupt213 View Post
    got another problem now, i can use winscp but it wont let me go into the applications folder it just says error
    Hey Kurrupt,

I'm new to this pwning thing but i understand that one of the best ways to do it and transfer files is with SSH and winscp. Can you tell me where the most dumbed down explanation of how to use these is? I have googled and done research but it's either way too technical or very jumbled.

Just looking for a good starting point to understand and learn this.

Thanks,

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default :-)
    finally!!!!!!!!
    3g 16 gig pwnd with cydia and installer!!! using firm 2.0.1 on itunes 7.7.1 with xp
    i kept re pwning it untill i put the partition on !!!512!!! with everything unchecked except cydia and installer.... injoyyyyyyy

wonna thank muggz5 thanks for the support
    Last edited by HarlemState; 2008-08-10 at 07:04 PM.

download winscp,
    in cydia, download ssh

open winscp
    click login, your host is your internet ip address, most likely 192.168.1.100
    user name is root
    password is alpine
    when it opens your computer is on the left and your iphone is on the right
    you can browse through either side when you find the folder in iphone you want to add to just drag the file you want to add into it, when it asks you if you want to copy click yes.....thats it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thechadster For This Useful Post:

brikz (2008-08-10)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    finally!!!!!!!!
    3g 16 gig pwnd with cydia and installer!!!
    i kept re pwning it untill i put the partition on !!!512!!! with everything unchecked except cydia and installer.... injoyyyyyyy

wonna thank muggz5 thanks for the support
    Schweeet!! enjoy.

I'm getting error 1 what am I doing wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

so i installed both cydia and installer on my 3g iphone and had none of the others checked except custom boot images and it worked like a charm. but when i try to build a 2g custom ipsw with both cydia and installer and unlocked neutered and everything it crashes just before it finishes. but just now i built one with everything except installer checked and it finished the build. i even had the u tube and activate checked cuz i have no sim card in the phone right now......once i restore it on the phone ill see if everything is working

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by umair9001 View Post
    i have a problem with my iphone (2g)

i once pawnd it n install 2.0.1 wid cydia but i forgot to tick installer wic i wanted actually..

now from then i tried to reinstall i get error 6 in the beginning..

then i searched n found that the cell wasnt in DFU mode..

now even after i put the cell in DFU mode, it goes till the step Preparing iPhone software for restore and it stays there for a pretty longtime and then it gives me an error with the number 6..

Even i tried degrading to 2.0 (nt pawnd ) and den upgrading it but no use it dint help me..

Could any1 sugges to me a solution..??
    Try recovery mode, it usually works when dfu doesn't work

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Still having the same problems. I have a 1st gen iphone updated to 2.0.1. after jailbreaking with new ipsw, the jailbreak works fine. however after i use the backup on my phone, it reboots and freezes on the apple loading screen and the wheel (the wheel freezes). I tried going back to 2.0 and going from there and still doesn't work. any solutions to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated
    (also had this problem after updating to original 2.0 software)

Default .
    Its not reconizing my ipod touch firmware 2.0.1.

I downloaded it directly from apple, with file details:

Name: iPod1,1_2.0.1_5B108_Restore.ipsw.
    MD5: a7eef9b5be7b81f6e8017925c507ac22
    Size: 246 MB (258,660,321 bytes)

wierd... any help?

I have done:

- a full uninstall of WinPwn
    - deleted all traces of WinPwn and reinstalled.

Default Cool, i just went ahead and added new cydia apps anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by juggz143 View Post
    @brikz

if you restore the backup it wont undo the jailbreak but you may be stuck not able to change your wallpaper
    Sort of a half way start fresh.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thechadster View Post
    download winscp,
    in cydia, download ssh

open winscp
    click login, your host is your internet ip address, most likely 192.168.1.100
    user name is root
    password is alpine
    when it opens your computer is on the left and your iphone is on the right
    you can browse through either side when you find the folder in iphone you want to add to just drag the file you want to add into it, when it asks you if you want to copy click yes.....thats it!

So are you guys using the Installer yet or you going to wait until the bugs are taken care of? Oh and does anyone know of an app called something like "kate or big Kate) that apparently lets you have a 5 icon dock on the phone. Someone mentioned it in an earlier post and didn't respond to my inquiries. That sounds like a good one to me.

Thanks,
    Last edited by brikz; 2008-08-10 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

everything restored fine onto the 2g once in unchecked installer and its syncing now so i successfully put both installer and cydia onto my 3g but both they would both go into my 2g package, huh thats weird nayone have any idea why this happened?

set the phone up as a new one its no big thing u just have to rename the phone and choose what u want to sync with and enter any calendar info u entered manually and seeif that works
    Last edited by realtimedeath; 2008-08-10 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Also guys you can go into Cydia and click on the How-To for SSH...

Quote Originally Posted by brikz View Post
    Sort of a half way start fresh.

Thanks

So are you guys using the Installer yet or you going to wait until the bugs are taken care of? Oh and does anyone know of an app called something like "kate or big Kate) that apparently lets you have a 5 icon dock on the phone. Someone mentioned it in an earlier post and didn't respond to my inquiries. That sounds like a good one to me.

Thanks,
    Yeah Ive used the new installer too. Its not bad, the interface is very cool, but Cydia is where it's at right now....
    And I think you are referring to catepillar as well. I dont know if its been ported yet. Ive gone through installer, (what sources there are ) havent seen it yet.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-08-10 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

brikz (2008-08-10)

hmm...having two iphones running 1.1.4 and 2.0.1, winpwn worked just perfect...what I am wonderig about, when scrolling contacts.cydia packages on 2.0.1 its still not smooth as on 1.1.4, its the same as previously on 2.0....anybody ideas? same issues? anything else just works fine...
    thx for replies...
    _peace_

winpwn never works for me. When i get to the advanced tab the only thing that is checkable is activate and no wipe. Nothing under that is checkable....not the bootloaders or anything. And i've tried every combination of checked things and everytime i restore to it....i dont get any service..what is going on.

i gotta white 3g

Default This should work
    Quote Originally Posted by christoforo View Post
    can someone please tell me how to get from the usb and itunes logon on my iphone to DFU mode. i always get the error 6
    Turn off your phone and plug it in. have Itunes 7.7 or better running. Hold Top button and home button for 10 sec. (if apple comes up too long) let go of top button and keep holding home until itunes recognizes (it will scroll for a bit) and then it should say in mode. Hit ok, and hold shift and restore and then put in your firmware.

Hope this helps.

Ill try that next time but now i just added all new stuff myself (3rd party that is)
    Thanks
    Last edited by brikz; 2008-08-10 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

WinPWN 2004 is very buggy with Iphone 2G 2.0.1, tons of people are reporting problems related to errors during Ituns Restore... not all due to DFU mode or anything other than WinPWN itself.. I played with it for hours until finally changing partition size and that alone let me install cydia AND restored without any errors (including my Error 6).

My Story to get it to work WITHOUT ERROR 6 is:
    1) set Partition size to 1000mb (would not work even at 750mb) and cydia would cause WinPWN to crash unless increased to 1000mb (maybe smaller would work also).

I did all the other tricks as far as switching USB ports, WinZP and VISTA on two different machines.. everything acted the same even Itunes 7.7 and 7.7.1

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast