Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'd like to know a little more, if possible, about people's experience with using a backup after pwning. are bootup hangups the only issue people have had? i'd really prefer to do this. if it really appears to be a bad idea to restore from an itunes backup, is there a different way of backing the phone up? maybe if someone knows what i can/can't just ssh off the phone now and throw it back on after?

Guys instead of me waiting for a new version of WinPwn, could I install a version of OSX 10 that will work on Intel on a Virtual Machine (VMWare or Virtual machine) and then use PwnageTool 2.0.2 when it gets released??

Thanks in advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post
    Guys instead of me waiting for a new version of WinPwn, could I install a version of OSX 10 that will work on Intel on a Virtual Machine (VMWare or Virtual machine) and then use PwnageTool 2.0.2 when it gets released??

Thanks in advance
    dude, google "osx86" , theres your answer, its better than an emulator. just hope you have allot of free time.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by ady199 View Post

Thanks in advance
    You should be able to get a version of hackintosh that works in a VM. Not sure if the iPhone will connect to it, but i don't see why not. Do a search on Google.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
    thanks for the clear up.

btw.
    what time zone does the dev team go by?
    GMT I believe.. so +6 hours on Eastern Time

ok, i have a 1st gen iphone that i already upgraded through itunes to 2.0.1. im a legit iphone user so i dont need to unlock, will i still need to downgrade to 2.0 before trying to pwn 2.0.1 when they release it?

Thanks

no you will not need to downgrade simply create ure 2.0.1 jailbroken firmware that's all and then install it through iTunes

about the 3g unlock. i am on Rogers in canada and i got the 3g as an upgrade to my phone for 350$ which is cool. but if i use the pawnage thing to jailbreak for 3rd party app will i need to unlock it since it is already on rogers? any response will be appreciated
    Last edited by msb2008; 2008-08-08 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msb2008 View Post
    about the 3g unlock. i am on Rogers in canada and i got the 3g as an upgrade to my phone for 350$ which is cool. but if the pawnage thing to jailbreak for 3rd party app will need to unlock it since it is already on rogers? any response will be appreciated
    Try and help me understand your question. First of all as stated several time throughout this thread.... an unlock for 3G phones STILL does not exist. So given this fact what are you trying to accomplish with your 3G Rogers phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

** YAWN** cant wait till its tweaked so much they cant tweak no more and have to launch it .... Excited? ..... definitely!!!!!

little thanx goes a long way!

I hope this comes out soon, been checking all day for it!

Quote Originally Posted by msb2008 View Post
    about the 3g unlock. i am on Rogers in canada and i got the 3g as an upgrade to my phone for 350$ which is cool. but if i use the pawnage thing to jailbreak for 3rd party app will i need to unlock it since it is already on rogers? any response will be appreciated
    im on rogers and my 16GB is pwned.. with 2.o version..

still works on my rogers..

so if you pwn with the new winpwn that is commin out.. im sure u can still use the ur phone..

Green Apple
    Thanks

me too i am getting bored of the lack of updates even just a slight comment to say how its coming or what is happening i don't mind waiting for the tools because the longer it takes the more care and debugging is done so it benefits everyone and kudos to them for making the iphone so open a more of a joy to have than any other phone!!! but still a snippet of info wouldn't go a miss!

little thanx goes a long way!

Thanks

waiting... im refreshing every 7 minutes..

All will be revealed soon enough. They have provided us with an update when we needed it (yesterday) and i'm quite happy to let them 'do their thing' and wait patiently to see the finished product. It won't be long now folks......getting excited now !!

Maybe this 2.0.1 will finally fix my wifi woes.

Quote Originally Posted by bscott05 View Post
    waiting... im refreshing every 7 minutes..
    lol...I'm sure most of the devs have day jobs, i wouldn't expect anything until this evening...

seems more hype,then functionality

Default the site is down
    It may be going up now!!!

Hi People. I just wanted to know if you could upgrade using a custom .ipsw or do you have to restore using a custom .ipsw for the 2.0.1 hack? also the dev's blog is going very slow at the moment, i think it will be out soon! yay

OMG - Their server never goes down unless they are putting big files on it, i hope it's now

Oh, and i wish they gave you a time zone when they say tomorrow!
    Last edited by richardjones101; 2008-08-08 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast