Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iphonehacker123 View Post
    Does this mean we cam jailbreak the iphone 3G but not unlock it?????
    As stated in the very first post:

What to expect:

* Ability to pwn iPhone firmware version 2.0.1
    * An updated version of Cydia with bugfixes
    * Update: Installer 4 will be included with this release!
    * No 3g unlock

I am still new to all of this (but learning thanks to all of you) so your help is appreciated!!! I used winpwn to unlock and jailbreak my iPhone 4gb running v 2.0. When the new release comes out (hopefully not long after the mac version today), how do I upgrade my software with the new version? Will I have to start from scratch and lose everything I did as well as the app store apps I downloaded or is there an easy way to do it? Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will have to build a new custom 2.0.1 firmware that you will restore with. Yes you will lose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You will have to build a new custom 2.0.1 firmware that you will restore with. Yes you will lose everything.
    Actually,

I think if he backs up his iphone before doing the restore itunes will automatically put all his settings back on his phone. They did this with all the updates so far. They said when installing 2.0 that you would lose everything but I didnt lose anything. So I believe there is a good chance that he can keep his apps and settings.

Usually restoring the backup of a jailbroken, previous firmware version to a new version jailbroken phone causes problems.
    32GB Black 3G[S]
    Blackra1n'd RC3

bump for update?

sorry didn't realize there were so many pages
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Really? I have always done that and have never had any problems...
    What type of problems do you speak of?
    If I helped you out please hit Thanks!

it's nearly 6pm gmt I don't think this is coming today unless it's late tonight. Shame cos I ain't off work again till Thursday, at least I'll get to see if there's any bugs before I attempt 2.0.1

On earlier verions restoring a backup sometimes cause phones not to boot or get stuck booting sometimes. Bot sure if its the case with the 3g/2.0

I am a little confused. I purchase the 3G iphone a few weeks from at&t and wanted to install Cydia. I used Pwange 2.0 and built a new restore to unlock the phone. I restored my phone thru itunes. And I am using my 3G phone just as it worked before, but now with Cydia installed.

My confusion is it says it doesn't work for 3g yet, mine works fine. do they mean unlock for use with other carrier? becuase with at&T it works fine.

Jailbroken = 3rd party apps

Unlocked = use with any gsm carrier

I see a lot of different guides for jailbreaking the 3G iphone running 2.0 software using Windows. My question is two fold.

1)Which guide do you guys suggest using? I looked at the one at sleepers.net but I'm not sure if there are better ones. Does anybody have some links of ones they've used and found easy?

2)When winpwn comes out for 2.0.1 firmware will the upgrading process change? or should it follow the same steps as the 2.0? So basically, can I follow the 2.0 guide for jailbreaking the 2.0.1 firmware?

I appreciate any help I can get as I'm completely new to all things iPhone!

yes you are correct, you can jail break it but there is still no unlock for the iPhone so it works on other carriers.

I don't really see the need for a guide. The programs couldnt be more straightforward

Lol right now I just put OSX on my hard drive, multi booting vista + linux + osx, just for the pwnage tool. Tired of using winpwn, time to upgrade to pwnage!

@ alaiwy
    have you tried the guides at iclarified? Those are the ones used.

Still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Let's do this Dev team! Ready for some Pwnage! Question.. Is WinPwn being released along side PwnageTool? Is there a new version of WinPwn? lol, I've heard nothing on the matter!

Brandon

COMMON already!!! I'm impatiently waiting!!! its friday already!!!!

lol man i hope its in like the next hour... cuz that would suck if we waited all this time and its comes out like tonite...

Quote Originally Posted by brandoncarr View Post
    Let's do this Dev team! Ready for some Pwnage! Question.. Is WinPwn being released along side PwnageTool? Is there a new version of WinPwn? lol, I've heard nothing on the matter!

Brandon
    I wouldn't expect a new version of WinPwn straight away, but i'm confident it won't take too long for windows peeps to get a new version.

Good thing i have hackintosh on my pc too

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast