Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

I waited up last night for the release and this morning I saw the delay till Friday. I'm flying off on Friday, so the upgrade will happen for me when I return.

Go Dev team!

Installer 4.. Yes! Can wait for it... All Devs Rock!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

It's 10:30am Friday here in the UK. I'm more interested in the first gen firmware for windows, so hopefully Winpwn won't be far behind
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

its 10:44 am here in scotland and i have to go to work hopefully it will be released when i get back so im here for the launch

little thanx goes a long way!

i dont understand why you people wont grab the ispw file from the other thread, its already jailbroken for the 3g with cydia & 2.0.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

a lot of people have 2g phones. That's why I'm waiting.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Man these Cydia vs Installer posts crack me up. For one it lets you spot the Seasoned technology users from the Kiddies. I for one like both apps, but prefer one over the other...

Questions for the uninitiated:

What is APT?
    Why is it so widely used today?
    Do any Operating systems use APT?
    Which Package uses it Cydia or Installer?

From recent episode of Sesame Street:
    *** Our letters for today are: "O P E N - S O U R C E" ***
    Can you say that Boys and Girls, do you know what it means?

Just adding to the Cydia vs Installer hysteria....

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    This is why people screw up pwning their phones... Didnt you read the thread starter?? I mean really.. It specifically states not to load the firmware from itunes.... READ READ READ
    dont get arrogant and say things you dont know. i actually got the 1604 and no service error when i followed the directions and DID NOT load the firmware from itunes. i followed the guide step by step. good job on assuming.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

LOL projectile!! I often wonder why apple didn't package the iPhone with a binky LOL

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmaddox View Post
    LOL projectile!! I often wonder why apple didn't package the iPhone with a binky LOL
    A better idea then the papercl....errr, Sim Ejector Tool, I got with mine.

I wonder if when all these people see that the new installer is not full with every app they had on 1.1.4 if then maybe the reality of Installer not being a god will finally become clear.

They are both great programs, but if things are not released, they aint going to be in either one! And most released stuff will show in both.

Green Apple
    Thanks

LoL so true!!! I enjoy my I phone, but man, this stuff is to funny. I am still waiting for the pink ones... I was at an office the other day where one of the employees was walking around with all of his kids(4) and they all had iPhones. I was like wow, people have lost respect for money... and they were bumed cause they could not get iPhone 3Gs, since apple store was out of em.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectile View Post
    LoL so true!!! I enjoy my I phone, but man, this stuff is to funny. I am still waiting for the pink ones... I was at an office the other day where one of the employees was walking around with all of his kids(4) and they all had iPhones. I was like wow, people have lost respect for money... and they were bumed cause they could not get iPhone 3Gs, since apple store was out of em.
    LOL

Your so right...total loss of respect for money buying all your kids iPhones...but some ppl are beyond saving

Thanks

its friday 9:15 AM wake up devs i want pwnage 2.0.1!!!
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by danvicente View Post
    its friday 9:15 AM wake up devs i want pwnage 2.0.1!!!
    I think you mean pwnage 2.0.2 - but yeah I second that emotion

I'm back on 1.1.4 with installer and cydia. The initial attraction of 2.0 has definetly died with me. Apple's App Store is full of useless apps that I'd sooner do without. Going back to 1.1.4 sped my phone up no end and now I've got my unlimited copy of Kate reinstalled I honestly can't see me moving up for quite a while now that I've got my phone back to how I like it.

Long live the dev team

yay!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

No update on RiPDev or iphone-dev blogs yet.... this is going to be one of those days where everyone refreshes every 5 mins! LOL

Does this mean we cam jailbreak the iphone 3G but not unlock it?????
    iPhonehacker123- please thank me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
    dont get arrogant and say things you dont know. i actually got the 1604 and no service error when i followed the directions and DID NOT load the firmware from itunes. i followed the guide step by step. good job on assuming.
    I think you are referring to winpwn/pwnage 2.0 not 2.0.1 In the very top of this thread it does say ..... "The dev team also warns on their blog that you should not upgrade to firmware 2.0.1 via iTunes. Wait until PwnageTool 2.0.2 is released and upgrade to 2.0.1 with a custom ispw. Upgrading directly via iTunes will lessen the chances of you being able to unlock in the future. The dev team is still working on a 3g unlock..." So while YES you could with 2.0 not the new and upcoming pwnage for 2.0.1 as I was following and helping folks who didnt read because I myself had issues as well.

thanks for the clear up.

btw.
    what time zone does the dev team go by?
    Last edited by ipodlover77; 2008-08-08 at 04:04 PM.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast