Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

Quote Originally Posted by ash213 View Post
    Right ive got a problem now.

i tried doing it using both methods including WinPwn, but nothing is working, i keep getting errors.

Now when i turn my phone on all i get is a ipod lead and an arrow pointing to iTunes......

How do i get out of this and turn my phone on properly ?
    The ipod lead pointing to itunes means your in recovery, while on itunes hold shift run the custom firmware again, and you should be fine
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by sikdaz View Post
    it's out thank you!
    yeh but how do we use the damn thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig02 View Post
    Thanks, Downloading the new winpwn now

Can anyone tell me how i can modify the 2.0.1 baseband firmware to work with my 3G iphone? Ie keeping the 2.0.0 baseband

Thanks
    WinPwn should do this for you when you create the custom firmware

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    A friend and I both had problems with gps after pwning 2.0 and we turned off wifi and 3g, opened maps and then turned on wifi and 3g again and it worked. GPS was functional again. Don't know if this will help or not since I haven't gotten that far yet.
    YES!! I can confirm that too Thanks for the info!!

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

what file do we use when selecting browse on the new winpwn ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishj View Post
    WinPwn should do this for you when you create the custom firmware
    Thanks, So there is nothing special i have to do to tell it not to update the baseband then? If so then im off to pwn it

yeh but how do we use the damn thing ?
    Not to be rude, but you're kidding....right? It has pics and it's self Explanatory! If it helps u out you can read the older post and how to's from here:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows)

I think you can get the most important info out of there and just use it on the new WinPwn. I hope that helps!

PS: Like I've posted before,here is the link again for the FW : http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

MAKE SURE U USE THE ONE THAT GOES WITH YOUR iPHONE!!!!

Later,
    RaMod
    Last edited by RaMod; 2008-08-09 at 06:18 PM. Reason: more info added
    RaMod!

@MrNoSox...thanks...works perfectly!!!...got "Locate me" back

where do i get the 2.0.1 file from tho ? i need this right to use to jailbreak as i am on 2.01 on my 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Craig02 View Post
    Thanks, So there is nothing special i have to do to tell it not to update the baseband then? If so then im off to pwn it
    No..there should be nothing special you have to do.

Open WinPwn...select the official 2.0.1 firmware...then select the additional options you want...such as Cydia / Installer, root partition size ect...

Create the custom .ipsw and then flash....easy

MrNoSox...thanks...works prefectly,got "Locate Me" back...

where do i get the 2.0.1 file from tho ? i need this right to use to jailbreak as i am on 2.01 on my 3G
    Uhhhh...Look above at my post. There is a link that takes you to a page and just click on the right FW for your phone. If you are on a 3G then it should be the last one on that page
    RaMod!

i had never used winpwn before. i have a 2g iphone. i went and downloaded the new one just released. then i just followed the guide on the page labeled

- Apple Iphone App's Winpwn How To Guide

it showed me exactly what i needed for a newbie like myself!

if you are having troubles try and it and it might work like it did for me. sorry if this has been posted already. thanks for everyones help and good luck!
    Last edited by ghostmask; 2008-08-09 at 06:26 PM. Reason: added more text and deleted link

Dude...read the forums...in fact...check out the 3rd post from the top of page 37...RaMod has already provided the link.

If you don't read stuff, you are more likely to stuff things up. Now go for it...and have fun !

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by irishj View Post
    No..there should be nothing special you have to do.

Open WinPwn...select the official 2.0.1 firmware...then select the additional options you want...such as Cydia / Installer, root partition size ect...

Create the custom .ipsw and then flash....easy
    Thanks, Just had to make 100% sure, I have no problems with Winpwn i know how it works and things just to be positive

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm on FW 1.1.4 with my already unlocked and jailbroken first gen iPhone, can I use winpwn to jump straight to the 2.0.1 custom ispw after following all the steps?

Just upgraded to 2.0.1 using Pwnage Tool and everything works fine, except I have no phone/3G service. Any thoughts on where I went wrong or how to fix?

the custom firmware you made needs to have activated unchecked, this can be found usually in the advanced settings..

Quote Originally Posted by bananakin View Post
    Just upgraded to 2.0.1 using Pwnage Tool and everything works fine, except I have no phone/3G service. Any thoughts on where I went wrong or how to fix?
    Did you check the option to activate the phone ?

If you have an active contract...de-select this.

If you don't have an active contract....select this.

Quote Originally Posted by bananakin View Post
    If you already have service with AT&T do not activate or install Youtube Fix!!!

Make sure Activation and YouTube Fix is NOT selected if u are an AT&T customer!! Also u can skip the Custom Payloads part and the Boot part. There it should be NO check boxes on these pages!! And just skip it to go to the next page!!

Once the phone is done iTunes will do that for you!! Also just an FYI - Make sure u start as a NEW iPhone once the iTunes gives u that option. You will get all your contacts back on the phone once you sync it!

Hope that helps!

Later,
    RaMod
    Last edited by RaMod; 2008-08-09 at 06:43 PM. Reason: more info
    RaMod!

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast