Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I dunno how people are having problems, pwnage tool walks you through everything, step by step. They couldnt have made it easier.

because people with windows dont have pwnagetool yet...read first

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    I dunno how people are having problems, pwnage tool walks you through everything, step by step. They couldnt have made it easier.
    No kidding! I just created the firmware and restored and now I am syncing to iTunes. Maybe 20 minutes if that.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrwooster View Post
    Erm..... my iTunes is pwnd.... I jailbroke my old 2G iphone onto 2.0

My new iPhone 3G running 2.0 is NOT jailbroken and has never been. Can I simply download the firmware and follow the above steps or does my phone have to have previously been pwnd?
    iPhones don't get pwned anymore, it's iTunes.

If your on a mac it would be safe to download pwnage tool and make your own custom firmware and pwn iTunes.

I'm on windows and iTunes has never been pwned, I restore to custom FW in recovery mode and never had a problem. Maybe it's because I've got a 1st gen iphone

I have pwned my 3G to version 2.0.1 (5B108) and have both cydia and installer on it, but when i check the modem firmware, its still on 01.45.00. Anone have any clue?? doesnt version 2.0.1 change the baseband (modem firmware to 01.48.02)??? PLease help

Default This works for me
    well im on windows and this worked for me...

1. i downloaded a custom firmware... (myfone was on 2.0 on a windows) and put my fone into dfu mode nd tried restoring but got 16xx errors.

2. so i put it out of the mode (press home and sleep for 30 seconds)

3. closed itunes.

4. disconnected the fone.

5. opened winpwn 2.0.0.3

6. selected browse ipsw. selected a 2.0 firmware.

7. den clicked ipwner

8. it told me my itunes was pwned.

9. strarted itunes.

10. put my fone itno dfu and restored using the custom 2.0.1 firmware.

11. now it works.

Quote Originally Posted by utvol1 View Post
    because people with windows dont have pwnagetool yet...read first
    Ummmm... i did read first...i downloaded a custom version of the ipsw, but that didn't seem to work.. it would just say "unknown...." in WinPwn. It is a valid workaround until the official one is out.

i thought that was the point -- it preserves the baseband, keeping the door open for a future unlock of the phone (unlock vs. jailbreak)

OK people!

First! Make sure u use the right FW for your phones! You don't have to restore when u're done, just simply start as a new iPhone and sync with iTunes. You will still have all you contacts on the phone.

Second: When you get a Custom made file ( there r lots of places you can get them now), you need to use it with iTunes, NOT with WinPwn!!!! Put your phone in DFU mode ( there is a video, of how to on the 1st forum of WinPwn).

Have a happy modding day people and lets all get along

Laterz,
    RaMod

PS: now if we can get more stuff for iNstaller 4 Hmmm....
    Last edited by RaMod; 2008-08-09 at 05:18 PM. Reason: edit
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    Ummmm... i did read first...i downloaded a custom version of the ipsw, but that didn't seem to work.. it would just say "unknown...." in WinPwn. It is a valid workaround until the official one is out.
    dude u dnt need to open or use winpwn if u have a custom firmware. just open itunes. put fone in recovery mode. and restore with the custom firmware. dats it.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burdell1 View Post
    You can not use a custom firmware in winpwn, so you will get an "unknown...." message, it makes custom firmware. The only firmware winpwn will accept is original Apple firmware. For now winpwn only accepts 1.1.4 and 2.0, they have to be original Apple firmware, not custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by nishant786 View Post
    well im on windows and this worked for me...

1. i downloaded a custom firmware... (myfone was on 2.0 on a windows) and put my fone into dfu mode nd tried restoring but got 16xx errors.

2. so i put it out of the mode (press home and sleep for 30 seconds)

3. closed itunes.

4. disconnected the fone.

5. opened winpwn 2.0.0.3

6. selected browse ipsw. selected a 2.0 firmware.

7. den clicked ipwner

8. it told me my itunes was pwned.

9. strarted itunes.

10. put my fone itno dfu and restored using the custom 2.0.1 firmware.

11. now it works.

where u went wrong was putting the phone in dfu, it should of been in recovery from the beginning, glad it works now though
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Quote Originally Posted by keatonreckard View Post
    cydia 2.0 > installer 4

Sure installer 4 is flashy. But I won't be Happy til there is cracked appstore repos
    Why dont you just install the apps like everyone else google will teach you how

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    iPhones don't get pwned anymore, it's iTunes.

If your on a mac it would be safe to download pwnage tool and make your own custom firmware and pwn iTunes.

I'm on windows and iTunes has never been pwned, I restore to custom FW in recovery mode and never had a problem. Maybe it's because I've got a 1st gen iphone

There were several posts in the middle of this thread saying that your phone had to have already been pwnd.....

I have a 'new' 3G iPhone which has NEVER been jailbroken running 2.0.... I have downloaded the custom 2.0.1 firmware.... can I put this firmware on my phone or does it HAVE to have been pwnd previously?

Quote Originally Posted by RaMod View Post
    OK people!

First! Make sure u use the right FW for your phones! You don't have to restore when u're done, just simply start as a new iPhone and sync with iTunes. You will still have all you contacts on the phone.

Second: When you get a Custom made file ( there r lots of places you can get them now), you need to use it with iTunes, NOT with WinPwn!!!! Put your phone in DFU mode ( there is a video, of how to on the 1st forum of WinPwn).

Have a happy modding day people and lets all get along

Laterz,
    RaMod

PS: now if we can get more stuff for iNstaller 4 Hmmm....
    I dont understand, i just did 2 phones under recovery and it worked, and i tried it with the first one in dfu and it didnt, anyways whatever works
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ok im a 3G iphone owner with Windows, Now my question is this, I have already pwned my iphone in 2.0, Is it worth updating to the 2.1? I really want to because of the installer but i am wanting the software unlock and from what i have read is that 3G owners should stay away from 2.1 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig02 View Post
    Ok im a 3G iphone owner with Windows, Now my question is this, I have already pwned my iphone in 2.0, Is it worth updating to the 2.1? I really want to because of the installer but i am wanting the software unlock and from what i have read is that 3G owners should stay away from 2.1 right?
    You only have to stay away from official apple 2.1 as it updates the baseband of the phone, which may hamper unlocking of 3G in the future.

If you have pwned it already in 2.0, then you will have no problems with the modified firmware running 2.1 as the baseband update was removed.

Right ive got a problem now.

i tried doing it using both methods including WinPwn, but nothing is working, i keep getting errors.

Now when i turn my phone on all i get is a ipod lead and an arrow pointing to iTunes......

How do i get out of this and turn my phone on properly ?

I'm on pwned 2.1 now...running fine...just installing apps again.

Anyone tired Winterboard and is it applying themes for you ? Doesn't seem to apply them here ?
    Last edited by irishj; 2008-08-09 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Right ive got a problem now.

i tried doing it using both methods including WinPwn, but nothing is working, i keep getting errors.

Now when i turn my phone on all i get is a ipod lead and an arrow pointing to iTunes......

How do i get out of this and turn my phone on properly ?

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast