Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool 2.0.2 & Installer 4 Soon

Still waiting...getting bored now though......set the pwnage free !!

Quote Originally Posted by jibaro3 View Post
    guys dont rush to it i have the installer already and there is not that many stuff, and the app have to be reboot 3 times before you can use it let them work on it just keep using cydia for now
    Ur installer still is beta so dont rush to it, plz

let there b pwnage!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

ugh.... BRING IT ON! NAO!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Are you guys really that anxious that you'll ping an RSS feed continuously until it's available? It's like when I go on a car trip and my kids kick the seat and continuously say "are we there yet?" Frankly if you are new to this I would suggest waiting a day or two after it's been released because inevitably there will be tons of posts like: "WTF it bricked my phone" "What's error 1604?" "How do I run a .dmg file on Windows" "How come there are no apps on Installer?"

My prediction is that >50% of the posts will be: "Where are the Installer apps?"

I'm a developer with over 15 years of experience (including a year of iPhone development). I will wait a day or so to make sure I understand all of the issues and decide that there are no bugs that will waste my time.

Also for anyone reading this who hasn't bothered to read any of the previous posts: to reiterate for the 1000th time, when pwnagetool is released it will be for MAC only. Yes the MAC community is only about 8% of the total population but MAC is first because the Dev team (who own pwnagetool) are MAC developers. People with Windows will either need to find and download a pwnd firmware or wait until winpwn is released. I'm not a window's user but if I remember correctly winpwn seems to lag pwnagetool by about 1 week or so.
    Last edited by imode; 2008-08-09 at 02:49 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

iphonejeff (2008-08-09)

i saw this page on MMi, but i dont know where it went!

my bad
    Last edited by Andygator; 2008-08-09 at 03:12 AM. Reason: wrong thread

I am hoping this will be released shortly. I got excited when I saw that page up earlier with the release info. I just bought the 3g today and didn't want to restore anything until I got it all setup. Bring on the update =)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andygator View Post
    Just re-pwned iphone 2.0&all went well. Then opened Cydia &chose to update when prompted. It's been almost 30mins. since I started the update but still all my screen shows is the loading image. I just noticed the clock on my phone which is visible on my header bar,&it isn't at the right time. Tried to shut down iphone,nothing but loading image.Anyone else have this issue? Or better,had this issue&is resolved?
    Wrong thread, we are discussing the 2.0.2 release of pwnagetool. I suggest you search MMi first. This issue has been discussed 1000 times already.
    Last edited by imode; 2008-08-09 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andygator View Post
    Just re-pwned iphone 2.0&all went well. Then opened Cydia &chose to update when prompted. It's been almost 30mins. since I started the update but still all my screen shows is the loading image. I just noticed the clock on my phone which is visible on my header bar,&it isn't at the right time. Tried to shut down iphone,nothing but loading image.Anyone else have this issue? Or better,had this issue&is resolved?

Dude you have to read and use the search. This is not the place for your question try here.

From the blog:

It isn't sparkling - yet!

Just as we moved PwnageTool to the sparkle update system (just after making this original post) one of our team noticed a nasty bug that only happened on his intel iMac running Leopard, we held off and tried to fix it and get it out but it still isn’t fixed. This isn’t anything to do with 2.0.1 being unhackable or other kooky idea, so don’t worry about that, it is a bug with the building of the final ipsw, which is kinda fundamental and we were worried that it would appear on similar systems. We’ll post it to sparkle as soon as it is fixed, (which will be after some sleep) and also post a direct link too. We were considering releasing a beta “at your own risk” release, but it is just too risky. Remember we ship “safe-tools”.

See you in the morning guys and gals.

Thanks

ok
    so from the dev blog...
    It isn't sparkling - yet!
    Just as we moved PwnageTool to the sparkle update system (just after making this original post) one of our team noticed a nasty bug that only happened on his intel iMac running Leopard, we held off and tried to fix it and get it out but it still isn’t fixed. This isn’t anything to do with 2.0.1 being unhackable or other kooky idea, so don’t worry about that, it is a bug with the building of the final ipsw, which is kinda fundamental and we were worried that it would appear on similar systems. We’ll post it to sparkle as soon as it is fixed, (which will be after some sleep) and also post a direct link too. We were considering releasing a beta “at your own risk” release, but it is just too risky. Remember we ship “safe-tools”.

See you in the morning guys and gals.
    TOMOROW!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cybergeek2021 For This Useful Post:

irishj (2008-08-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    Are you guys really that anxious that you'll ping an RSS feed continuously until it's available? It's like when I go on a car trip and my kids kick the seat and continuously say "are we there yet?" Frankly if you are new to this I would suggest waiting a day or two after it's been released because inevitably there will be tons of posts like: "WTF it bricked my phone" "What's error 1604?" "How do I run a .dmg file on Windows" "How come there are no apps on Installer?"

My prediction is that >50% of the posts will be: "Where are the Installer apps?"

I'm a developer with over 15 years of experience (including a year of iPhone development). I will wait a day or so to make sure I understand all of the issues and decide that there are no bugs that will waste my time.

Also for anyone reading this who hasn't bothered to read any of the previous posts: to reiterate for the 1000th time, when pwnagetool is released it will be for MAC only. Yes the MAC community is only about 8% of the total population but MAC is first because the Dev team (who own pwnagetool) are MAC developers. People with Windows will either need to find and download a pwnd firmware or wait until winpwn is released. I'm not a window's user but if I remember correctly winpwn seems to lag pwnagetool by about 1 week or so.
    +1

Off to bed so....hope they can iron out the bugs for Sat release.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FLAKDEEZYuheard View Post
    Tht bug is gay
    I didnt know software bugs had a sexual preference

19. The Following User Says Thank You to cybergeek2021 For This Useful Post:

iRoach74 (2008-08-09)

I bet there is no bug and his computer has a bad stick of ram. hah j/k

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

awws, hoping i could run over here and paste in the blog update first, but looks like I'm a few minutes too late

Hard to believe that the dev team cant get the update released when they said they would, we have never gone through this before. and i would be willing to bet it will not even be released this weekend.

^
    WTF? I hope they block your ip from the server so you can't update. Dev team is trying release a solid product, and I think that you should give then some room.
    Impatience and whining won't get it released faster. Im glad they ignore people's crap and don't release anything try know has a bug.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to nimavafi For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (2008-08-09)

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast