Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default problem..
    Quote Originally Posted by rsrusli View Post
    Problems that I have after having 1.1.3 installed:
    the phone does NOT ring when there's an incoming call. It only vibrates.
    the passcode lock does NOT work.
    no sound may be due to you not updateing FROM 1.1.2, and as far as passcode not working.. i upgraded 3 times already (nate ibrick way), first time worked well from 1.1.3 everything worked except VPN password was not saving, started over got myself at 1.1.1jb upgraded to 1.1.3 no ring tones (only custom ones added via ibrickr) and passcode was not working i tried to change the password and all the passwords i put were 'wrong' so back down to 1.1.1jb then this time went up to 1.1.2jb set passcode BEFORE upgrading to 1.1.3, installed BSD system, then went ahead with the 1.1.3 upgrade. everything worked, ringtones passcode havent tried th VPN yet im sure its not working.

i installed source: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    which allows safari to open local files file://something

fixes the ringtones supposedly (again i didnt need it cause upgrading from 1.1.2 fixed that problem)

fixes your preferences (settings not being saved this may fix the passcode issue, and edge issues)

fixes mail problems (i didnt have any so i dont konw what problems people are having with mail)

i did this and it works, i uninstalled most of my 3rd party apps, and i went to reinstall them, and about 95% of them and all the important ones, arent on installer anymore. any ideas?

Sucsessfully updated to 1.1.3 but the ringer wont ring! phone only vibrates!! anyone having the same problem and if so how do we fix? thx!!!

Problem Fixed!![
    i installed source: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo
    Last edited by natekyla; 2008-01-28 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Problem solved!!

Ok, what a day. I have learned so much today it is not even funny. When I purchased my OTB 1.1.2 week 50, I paid a guy to jailbreak for me. The other day I added Nates 1.1.3 and it went off without a hitch. Everything worked.

Then I read articles suggesting that when SDK comes out Nates wont work well. Then Dev Teams came out yesterday and it seemed that dev was the way to go.

So I embarked on a journey. I followed downgrade procedure from iclarrified, which is the recommended with my stealth sim. I restored to 1.1.1, jailbreak, oktoprep, 1.1.2 jailbreak and had issues with my youtube and itunes.

I continued on and this was my first attempt WHAT WENT WRONG
    1. I installed current version of installer and bsd system (Right)
    2. I was not connected to computer with itunes closed (wrong)
    3. When it installed i left it for over an hour appeared frozed at 3/4 mark. I got fed up and reset iphone (wrong)
    4. STRANGE BUT IT SOMEHOW WORKED...................

5. So I shut the unit off and turned it back on just for the heck of it, and I got the itunes and cable icon. So it did not work. What the F$@!

So back to the drawing board. When I did the 1.1.1 jailbreak this time, I realized that if you have a stealth sim or something, do not put it in during this procedure

1. Downgrade to 1.1.1. Repeated this two times in total
    2. Jailbreak then installed oktoprep. From here this time i closed itunes and did a ctrl+alt+del and closed the itunes help file
    3. jail break using 1.1.2 (actually checked the SSH box this time)
    4. Once jailbreak 1.1.2 was good, itunes and youtube were working.
    5. So now I updated bsd subsystem, and installer.
    I also installed simport and brought my contacts from my sim card into the iphone. I then uninstalled simport so I had no apps in the way.
    6. I selected the 1.1.3, that says dev team in small letters.
    7. This time I was connected to my computer with itunes shut
    8. I was told to go get a sandwhich, I ate some pizza.
    9. In less than 30 min, my phone shut down, restarted, shut down and everything was great. I am up with team dev 1.1.3, ringtones work, incoming, outgoing, text, itunes, youtube all work.

Now I have not added songs and movies yet, as I want to make sure I am good to go first. I did confirm that it connects to itunes. Google maps does not located, but using navizon gps is amazing, because the general circle that google places, the navizon pinpoints my exact location and it is within the google circle. I like that.

I placed my stealth sim and sim card back in, and back up on rogers.

My only question is, how do I delete these files that are on my iphone now from the install. I cant locate them. Any help appreciated,

I hope some of my mistakes today help others. I would say the process of going from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 took 1 to 1.5 hours.

dont give up, just tweak what you are doing

jailbroken 1.1.2 (unlocked on tmobile, just so i dont get asked that) 3.2gigs free space... can't use the terminal to jailbreak phone. i get process exited exit code 255. can't seem to do the installer way ither. right when it gets to the 20 mins screen is zips right thru sits at the sandwich screen for about 15 - 20 mins.. (ive had about 6 sandwiches redo'n this) then i get error main script execution failed. EVERY TIME!!!!!! any thoughts on why my phone is jive'n me like this?

i have current installer and bsd install also.

Am I the only person having difficulty even starting this method!

I cannot see ModMyI.com in my category list. It definately was there when I updated to 1.1.2. I have tried re-adding the source. Restarting the phone. My friend had the same issue and he had to install AnySim by downloading the app not going through the MMi Category as it wasn't in his list either. We both have the latest version of installer and XML is in lower case too.

Please help me

Thanks

Double Post
    Last edited by DeanCorp; 2008-01-28 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Server Crashed

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    if you guys found a way to downgrade firmware 1.1.3 then i would say u guys are the best but until then this mean nuthing to me
    you are truely an idiot. If you took 30 seconds to search, you would find out that it is possible to downgrade 1.1.3, you do it the same way as you would downgrade from any other firmware. Please read.

Am I the only person having difficulty even starting this method!

I cannot see ModMyI.com in my category list. It definately was there when I updated to 1.1.2. I have tried re-adding the source. Restarting the phone. My friend had the same issue and he had to install AnySim by downloading the app not going through the MMi Category as it wasn't in his list either. We both have the latest version of installer and XML is in lower case too.

Please help me

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

yes it will keep your rogers unlocked it doesnt upgrade your baseband so yes it will work im on fido running 113 so dont worry bro just do it make sure your on 112 though before you do this! also if you want to save some more problems uninstall all your 3rd party apps before hand then reinstall afterwords.

thank me if this was helpfull

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    Too bad mine is already kailbrolen using Nate's method. This one is a bit more fail-safe.
    you can do over go down to 111 and start over.

Whats the new user name for 1.1.3 to ssh again?

Ok i updated to 1.1.3 with no problems thx guys but i am currently on winscp can you tell me where the restore file is so that i can remove it since its taking up alot of space

i hope this is not repeating, I will delete if it is. Everytime I post I get error page.

I want to know if anyone knows where the 200mb files goes to and how to delete it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    Sorry, cant find it under installer, i have modmyi as a source but it is not listing it when I refresh.
    Yea, same thing here. All I see is nate true's jailbreak. What is the modmyi address that i need to put into sources, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bosco0633 View Post
    Sorry, cant find it under installer, i have modmyi as a source but it is not listing it when I refresh.
    Yea, same thing here. All I see is nate true's jailbreak, what gives.
    Last edited by VBLUE42; 2008-01-28 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Me too! I have managed to find the file but it is located in Utilities. I just don't feel comfortable installing it from an unknown source. I would rather install from Mmi as it is a trusted source.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Whats the new user name for 1.1.3 to ssh again?
    The reason why you asked the same question 3 times in about 10 minutes is....??? Just wait for your answer kid-o
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Where is the location of the 185 MB restore file it downloads so i can perform a manual clean up?

Where is the 185MB file located?

I'd rather delete it manually.

Just finished mine. 1.1.2 to 1.1.3...it hung up 3/4 thru with the running out of space message and the swirly. Turned it off after 2hrs and restarted....everything works...installer is there...reinstalling programs now. I believe I used the "skyler" version of the update. Whew!

howzitjoe

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast