Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

I used bigboss tools to relocate my apps folder and my wallpapers folder. Now I read that this still works even after relocating those folders so I understand that part but even after relocating those folders it says that I have 42 megs out of 300 free on /. Now will I still be able to download and use this method for upgrading to 1.13 (which would mean it downloads the file to the media portion of your HDD) or do I need to have at least 184 or 300 Megs free on my / dir to use this method of upgrading successfully?

"Running Install Script - have a sandwich", I have like an hour, may be more waiting ... is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by ianhutch1 View Post
    Mine has been stuck with the same message for the past 30 mins can you confirm that the upgrade does work even when you get the message because at the moment it seems to have hung?!
    Well I had to home and power to shut it down and then after what seemed like an eternity at the apple screen its booted with the "edit homescreen" message and im at 1.1.3 with the installer icon there as well - phew!

Ok, so I upgraded my 1.1.1 jailbroken phone to 1.1.2 using oktoprep method, then installed new versions of installer and BSD, then started the 1.1.3 jailbreak (also, phone plugged in and autolock set to never). It was taking forever and told me to eat a sandwich, so I did. I came back, and the status bar was 3/4 done, so I left it alone some more. When I came back, I got the screen shown below. It sat like that for about 10 minutes, then the phone just shut off and never came back on. I turned it back on manually, and I'm back at the screen shown below. I'm guessing I screwed something up, how do I get it back to where I was so I can start again?

Last edited by SheepNutz; 2008-01-27 at 08:31 PM.

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    "Running Install Script - have a sandwich", I have like an hour, may be more waiting ... is this normal?
    Yup, when Apple's servers are slammed, or if your WiFi is slow. Keep waiting.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Ok had to restore because It ran out of disc space I am guessing.

Note to everyone asking this does work on Ipod Touch if you look at the readme for the manual install it says iphone/itouch. After i download 1.1.2 and jailbreak then install 1.1.3 jailbreak Ill tell you guys how it went.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does custumze and summerboard work on this jailbreak

my installer.app is showing an update but everytime i try to update the installer.app, it says package download failed. please tell me how to update it manually

So I guess my phone is stuck in recovery mode after trying the 1.1.3 jailbreak. I tried to restore it in ibrickr, but the screen went green, meaning I had to restore it in itunes. If I do a restore in itunes, what firmware version will it put on my phone?

I'm install of the 1.1.3 Jailbreak has been sitting for 2 hours 12 minutes.
    At the 1 hour-ish mark I also got the warning about low disk space...

I can not ssh into the device to see if the download is complete though I can ping the device and telnet to 22, but putty and winscp just sit there...

So, is it dead? Should I try a reboot .... how long should I let it sit, did anyone have it take over 2 hours???

I started around 12:00 EST was the load higher at this time?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does custumze and summerboard work on this jailbreak

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

No, thats not a jailbreak issue, its an issue with Customize and SummerBoard and 1.1.3. Updated versions need to be released.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Ok, i did the procedure(1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and after 1.1.3) from the installer took me 50 min, ringtones now works, but 1 bug exist cant synchronize with itunes , says thats synchronize but after i cant find my contacts and bookmarks from internet explorer, music and videos i found , any suggetion???

I have read there were issue with jailbreaking and the playing of the PURCHASED iTunes music. Will this method thwart such evil doings???

Thinking I may wait for the servers to cool just a little bit.

Ok, i did the procedure(1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and after 1.1.3) from the installer took me 50 min, ringtones now works, but 1 bug exist cant synchronize with itunes , says thats synchronize but after i cant find my contacts and bookmarks from internet explorer, music and videos i found , any suggetion???

And how to put ringtones via itunes, itry this(put mp3 to itunes make it aac and after to rename .m4r its transform in ring but dont get in ringtones section of itunes

And how to put ringtones via itunes, itry this(put mp3 to itunes make it aac and after to rename .m4r its transform in ring but dont get in ringtones section of itunes

My iPhone started at the original firmware (purchased first week) I had it on 1.12 jailbroken.

I did the new 1.13 method this morning, everything seemed to go ok but when it rebooted I had none of the icons for the apps installed via installer (installer icon was still there). I assume this was due to summerboard, etc. not working on 1.13 so the second page of icons would not be seen.

I tried uninstalling all of the extra apps that weren't showing up anyway and the phone ended up going into restore mode. I ended up having to do a restore through iTunes which forced me to install 1.13.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Updated to 1.1.3 from 1.1.2 Jailbroken and seems like working fine. If you get "Running out of disk space" don't worry about it. Phone will reboot within 10-15mins after this message appear and you'll have an unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 1.1.3. My one took 1hr 12mins, I'm on a 512kbps internet and I do live in Asia/Bangladesh.

EDGE = Working
    iTunes Music Store = Working
    Maps = Working
    YouTube = Working
    Ring Tones = Working
    Installer = Working
    Sync to iTunes = Didn't Check Yet.

Anything left? If I'll find any issue, I'll post it.

My iPhone showing 205.7MB in use. I did not store images,music or videos. I think it's the image file of 1.1.3. How can I remove or free up this 205.7MB space? I tried Soft Upgrade cleaner. Didn't work for me. Please advise.
    Last edited by ZeroSkill; 2008-01-27 at 11:12 PM.

Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast