Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Quote Originally Posted by MrDanger View Post
    Hi guys, I've figured out how to get out of the iTunes connecting screen and not being able to access your home screen, only being able to make calls and receive.

Connect your phone to your computer, have itunes tell you that you have to go to the apple store, Hold down the top button and the home button. Wait until the screen goes black and it disconnect from itunes, release the top button but keep holding the home button until itunes tells you that a phone has been detected in restore mode. And there you are, you can now restore your phone using any of the methods described here on this site.

I hope this help any of you who had this issue.

Danger
    use apptapp to get it out of restore mode thats what i did

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Install the YouTube activation.app, and that should fix it (find it under Unlocking Tools) repository= iphone.unlock.no

Quote Originally Posted by Haze2k View Post
    Hi!,
    I have successfully upgraded from 1.1.2 Jailbreak+unlocked to 1.1.3(-3) (JB+unlocked) everything works fine except YouTube and none of the fixes work? Can I activate through itunes? If so how?

I have tried the following methods:-
    http://s.apfelphone.net - youTubeFix - doesn't work
    http://i.unlock.no - YouTube activation - doesn't work

Could it be that as these are older versions of the fix and are working on the 'root' directory structure rather than the 'mobile' directory structure that it is copying the needed certificated to the wrong directory?

Any ideas / solutions?
    Install the YouTube activation.app, and that should fix it (find it under Unlocking Tools) repository= iphone.unlock.no
    Last edited by crs0ph4; 2008-02-03 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crs0ph4 For This Useful Post:

timeXway (2008-02-03)

Default Jailbreaking a 1.1.2 OTB
    I have a 1.1.2 OTB phone with a turbosim card, it has bootloader 4.6. I managed to restore it down to 1.1.1 then back up to 1.1.2 and jailbroke it successfully. I just want advice as to whether I can jailbreak to 1.1.3? I noticed on Winandmac site and one or two others they are saying that phones with bootloader 4.6 cant use the jailbreak 1.1.3 successfully. is this correct?
    thanks

Alan

Default Nate True Remove?
    Should we remove the one from nate true? is it worth it?

How can I remove Nate Trues Version and install the Original with Hacktivation?

Please help
    Thanks

Tim

OK I dont think this question has been asked yet if i am not mistaken.

Do u have to reactivate the iphone when u upgrade to 1.1.3 ?

I have an unactivated 1.1.2 JB using it on 02 but not with the iphone plan and if I upgrade would this been an issue cause i dont wanna brick it ???

I read an article yesterday, saying that they removed nate trues update until it is more stable etc. So is it worth changing, I would say that if you wanted to be on the 1.1.3 jailbreak, now is the time to do it.

I have tried all of the 1.1.3 jailbreak methods, each one with there own set of issues. I think that this new official 1.1.3-3 jailbreak is great. It was a fool proof install, and it appears to be way more stable.

I think with just one update method available now, we will have more consistancy for one and two all the apps should not require all of these fixes to run properly.

Since you are asking for opinion, I would say yes it is worth the change from natetrue to the official 1.1.3-3 dev team update.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crs0ph4 View Post

Hi,
    Yes that was one of the solutions I had tried before but to no avail. On your advice I tried it again and at first it didn't work I did a hard restart i.e. powered the device completely off with the red slider and powered back up and it worked!

I think this is an important step to point out to anyone else having this problem the restart that occurs during the patch install is not enough.

Thank you again for your help!

i updated to 1.1.3 today via the update in installer but when it finished my fone showed the conncet 2 itunes logo and when i did it said the fone was in restore mode. does any1 know wat went wrong and how 2 fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by KeviN | NiveK View Post
    You are right.. i thought they had worked.
    but now i will go on Iphone Browers and check this out
    on the directories =D
    its so weird

ok first calm down
    and follow my steps or search on the forums to Restore back to 1.1.1
    while it turned on press( or w.e) connect to itunes
    if a screen comes up on itunes about ur ipod hold shift and press the BIG RESTORE BUTTOn.
    and go back to 1.1.1. After use the 1.1.2-jailbreak.rar (files) and boot ur self out of there
    then after install Installer at jailbreakme.com
    etc and then upgrade to 1.1.2 and u should be fin
    other than that ur Iphone/touch is fine..
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BRICKING UR IPHONE .. there is if u break the inside hardware. but usuaylly u can hold the power and home button to restore it .. and ur fine =D
    thanx for the advise... but now how do i upgrade to 1.1.3 unlocked and jailbroken? I have tried the installer way AND through hackthatphone.com method, but non worked... so what now ?
    [B][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]Device: [COLOR="Red"]iPhone
    [COLOR="Black"]Firmware: [COLOR="Red"]1.1.4 Jailbroken, unlocked through ZiPhone, Modded, Customized

where i can download? help thanks

Thanks

Help. I was running 1.1.2 jailbroken ATT phone and tried the Official 1.1.3 update via Installer today. I had the BSD 2.0 installed. The update ran through everything for about 40 minutes but was then on the slide for emergency screen with the picture saying hook to iTunes. Upon hooking to itunes I get the message that there is a problem with your iPhone, and to visit my nearest store for help.

Recommendations? Solutions?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by GA_RR View Post
    Help. I was running 1.1.2 jailbroken ATT phone and tried the Official 1.1.3 update via Installer today. I had the BSD 2.0 installed. The update ran through everything for about 40 minutes but was then on the slide for emergency screen with the picture saying hook to iTunes. Upon hooking to itunes I get the message that there is a problem with your iPhone, and to visit my nearest store for help.

Recommendations? Solutions?

TIA
    i had the same problem aswell... i eventually had to go back to 1.1.1 and then 1.1.2 jailbroken.. i am searching another to upgrade to 1.1.3 successfully
    [B][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]Device: [COLOR="Red"]iPhone
    [COLOR="Black"]Firmware: [COLOR="Red"]1.1.4 Jailbroken, unlocked through ZiPhone, Modded, Customized

how do you delete the 185mb install file after it's done update?
    That would be nice to know.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by splash104 View Post
    i had the same problem aswell... i eventually had to go back to 1.1.1 and then 1.1.2 jailbroken.. i am searching another to upgrade to 1.1.3 successfully
    So I guess you restored your phone which put it at 1.1.3 then downgraded to 1.1.1 jailbroke and back to 1.1.2 jailbroke?

Does anybody else have a problem on how the SMS messages are being displayed? They do not show up in order of conversation anymore

hi I am using 1.1.2 and since the 1.1.3 upgrade is available in the installer now, so please recommend if i can do 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 upgrade from the installer,is it safe and successful! What are the steps i have to follow for the same.

Thanks,

Deependra

dear deependra,
    do you mean that you want update without having a look at all the 61 pages of this thread ?
    pls. read before ask ..... ;-))))
    That's exactly what I'm doing about 1.1.3 upgrade since Jan 27 ...
    btw no upgraded yet, I'm happy with 1.1.2 jailbrake and unlock.

ok so my friend wasnts me to update his phone,
    but before i do i just wanna make sure this is ok .
    he unlocked it via iPhoneSIMfree,
    will this still work ?
    he has 1.1.1 do i do the okto prep steps ect
    or what ?

update... SOLVED

Greetings all.

Need a small favor from anyone. Could someone plz provide me with the 'springboard' file that is located within the springboard.app folder from a 1.1.3 phone. Or at least point me to a location where I can download it??? I checked this site under stock files and couldn't find it. Just realized the one I had backed up was for 1.1.2 and now my phone has crashed and hangs on boot BUT still currently have access with WinSCP so I can fix this if I can get the original file back.

you can email it to [email protected]'

Thanking you in advance.
    Last edited by Bouzo; 2008-02-05 at 03:13 PM. Reason: solved

hey guys

everytime i tried to use anysim 1.2.1u on my iphone it always got stuck in the middle of unlocking and stuffed up my iphone so i had to restore it, ive tried this about 3 times and the same thing happens. but now ive gone straight from jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 using some random app on installer.

my phone still cant use other sim cards. does anyone know if i can use anysim 1.2.1u to unlock my phone?

thanx heaps
    Last edited by bigray; 2008-02-05 at 12:30 AM.

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast