Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

what does jailbrakeing do to the iphone with update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

erio in installer add a source i.unlock.no and refresh. After, in all the packages you will find a youtube activation download. do it! Bye

Just for the information of those standing by the side lines and wondering about whether or not to do the upgrade and what kind of success people are having.

I bought a 1.1.1 iphone back in Nov. Jailbroke it and unlocked then. Went to to 1.1.2 and used Anysim 1.2.1u, no problems then. In case you're curious I am in Canada on a FIDO network. Just did the upgrade to 1.1.3 now using Dev Team's 1.1.3-3 release. I selected YES to hacktivation and NO to the 'restore' question. Waited about 25 minutes. Not sure about previous 1.1.3 upgrades via installer but this one (-3) had a continuous display of the progress on the screen. When it was done, it rebooted and voila! I am now running 1.1.3 and haven't noticed any major issues. Installer, and Summerboard(just released) are working fine my previous themes in Summberboard were still there after I installed the new version. The only minor issue I noticed is that my weather icon is default rather than what that theme used to display. The locate me feature of the map itself would only work after I installed the 'LocateMe' app and ran it once. No issues with Ringtones, etc, everything else works great and I have a number of Apps reinstalled and working (games, flashlight, etc). Customize won't work I'm assuming pending an update for 1.1.3.

My only question is if anyone knows where the PDF folder is placed now, as I have reinstalled my PDF viewer, seems to run, but I can't find the PDF folder via WinSCP to put my PDF's in as it appears the location has changed.***UPDATE: The PDF folder used to be VAR/ROOT/MEDIA but in 1.1.3 this MEDIA folder has been moved to VAR/MOBILE/MEDIA. If you simply go back into VAR/ROOT/ and create your own MEDIA folder via WinSCP and place the PDF folder, the PDF viewer will find your PDF's on a 1.1.3 phone.*** And if anyone knows why the weather icon won't change, I would appreciate it. Just to fill my curiousity!***UPDATE: going into settings/general/international and changing it to U.S.A (if you were on something else, I was on Canada) fixes this weather icon issue. Have no idea why though and the credit goes to someone else on this forum.***

Thanks and good luck.

Updated: Just a bit more info since I have received a few questions.

- I have no syncing issues, work fine with iTunes 7.4
    - I did not uninstall ANY apps prior to the update
    - SSH via WinSCP works fine
    - All my contacts, texts, notes, everything were retained from prior to the update
    Last edited by Bouzo; 2008-02-05 at 04:45 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by river0 View Post
    Same problem here, and I've been at it for 12 hours. At least 1.1.2 and all its apps are still working.

Think I'll sit on the sidelines until they release 1.1.3-4.
    Same thing here. Tried it 2 times and it's still at 1.1.2. I think this 1.1.3-3 release doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzo View Post
    Just for the information of those standing by the side lines and wondering about whether or not to do the upgrade and what kind of success people are having.

I bought a 1.1.1 iphone back in Nov. Jailbroke it and unlocked then. Went to to 1.1.2 and used Anysim 1.2.1u, no problems then. In case you're curious I am in Canada on a FIDO network. Just did the upgrade to 1.1.3 now using Dev Team's 1.1.3-3 release. I selected YES to hacktivation and NO to the 'restore' question. Waited about 25 minutes. Not sure about previous 1.1.3 upgrades via installer but this one (-3) had a continuous display of the progress on the screen. When it was done, it rebooted and voila! I am now running 1.1.3 and haven't noticed any major issues. Installer, and Summerboard(just released) are working fine my previous themes in Summberboard were still there after I installed the new version. The only minor issue I noticed is that my weather icon is default rather than what that theme used to display. The locate me feature of the map itself would only work after I installed the 'LocateMe' app and ran it once. No issues with Ringtones, etc, everything else works great and I have a number of Apps reinstalled and working (games, flashlight, etc). Customize won't work I'm assuming pending an update for 1.1.3.

My only question is if anyone knows where the PDF folder is placed now, as I have reinstalled my PDF viewer, seems to run, but I can't find the PDF folder via WinSCP to put my PDF's in as it appears the location has changed. And if anyone knows why the weather icon won't change, I would appreciate it. Just to fill my curiousity!

Thanks and good luck.
    Bouzo, thanks for the info. Quick question. Any problems with getting into your phone via SSH? Are you on a Mac or a PC?

ROYMSEAFOOD

1.1.3-3 DOES work. Look up a post and read!

TITOC

No problems getting into to SSH. IP remain unchanged as I didn't even bother looking and just fired up winSCP and got in (On a PC). I have noticed that if I try to turn edge OFF using iToggle for instance, my iphone hangs. Its not a worry for me as I am not on any data plans, but I have read that others are having this issue as well. iToggle i'm assuming will require an updated version to combat this.

**UPDATE: It seems BossPrefs (in lieu of Services or iToggle) can turn Edge off on a 1.1.3 phone.
    Last edited by Bouzo; 2008-02-05 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Update

When ever i upgrade to 1.1.3, in every other jailbreak/update I can never sync my contacts, calender, and bookmarks, only music goes in. The only way I get my contacts in is from 1.1.2 than upgrade to 1.1.3 but if i add a contact to my phone or my computer, It wont add it to the phone, or the phone wont add it to the computer. Is there any fix for this? Anybody else experience this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    ok well i am just pissed now. So the story is i had 1.1.2 and was happy with it, no complaint what so ever, then i came across Boss tools, the bigest pain in my @ss ever. I picked it up on installer cause it said it would prep my files for the update to 1.1.3 with the devteam break, what it really did is royally f'd my fone to the max. .
    Can you please post EXACTLY what you did with Boss Tools so other don't make the same mistake. I know I'd sure appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by HelioPause View Post
    Can you please post EXACTLY what you did with Boss Tools so other don't make the same mistake. I know I'd sure appreciate it.
    no prob, I assumed since it said it would prep for 1.1.3 update that i should use it for the apps and ringtones, never got to the later of the two, once I did the apps portion of the change it locked me out of all third party apps, so i wasn't able to use installer to upgrade then i powerd off and it threw me into a continual reboot. Furthermore i need some help on restoring from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, i can get the restor to work fine every time with ibricker and 1.0.2 but then when i try and do it up to 1.1.1 i just get the itunes plug???? someone help please i know it's prolly just me cause i have never had to downgrade and then move back up cause i havnt had any problems jailbreaking in the past hence the reason i don't understand this. Thanks

Default jailbreak 1.1.3-3
    I have gone through this process 3 times now.... and no luck at all!?

After reboot it keeps saying slide for emergency, or it would be an endless reboot cycle...

Any other expericanes?

hey guys i think im finally ready to upgrade to 1.1.3 so this is what i have done so far

1.1.2 jailbroken/activated
    uninstalled all my 3rd party apps
    latest version of installer/bsdsubsystem
    now should i upgrade using installer dev team method
    or
    should i first use bosstools to move all apps to the different area

and is there anyway to check how much memory i have in the root partition?

Are you uninstalled all apps before do upgrade? If not, what apps do you left ? Is it necessary to install BDS system first? TQ for your info.

oh no. i just ran the -3 version and its stuck at 100% and says "Downloading Restore". My battery life is down to 10% and I just waited about an hour for this install. What should I do? Will it resolve before my battery runs out?

Default Not able to Sync
    i was able to upgrade to 1.1.3 with devs app, but i cant sync with itunes, it says that my phone is defective. LOL. Anyway i tried putting the 2 files install.sh ansyncix in the / dir, but it still wont sync with my phone. Any suggestions guys? Thanks in advance.

update was successfull but when i ssh i don't see the DCIM dir or the usually stuff in the Media folder?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 1.1.3-3 Upgrade
    Mine is an iPhone from week 51, i.e. 1.1.2 OTB. I have been using it with Indonesian Xplor for a few weeks and I use it along with x-SIM thin film to unlock it after 1.1.2 Jailbreak. Trying 1.1.3 Dev Team (first version) Jailbreaking method, however, I couldn't get my contacts. So decided to return to 1.1.2. Then last night I saw Installer version 3.0, and 1.1.3-3 Upgrade. I did at 11 pm, went to bed. This morning at 4.30 am I saw my iPhone was still at 1.1.2.

This is what I did then: I press the top button a few second to get the iPhone turn off. Then press again the top button. It reboot.

Then Installer Source refresh. Update what was suggested.

Then touch the broken apple upgrade icon again. This time, quickly processing decompressing etc, and reboot. All application icon were gone. Go to Settings-General-About. It's 1.1.3 with 7.0 GB available. Means relatively a success. Will need to check what application will be able to run on the 1.1.3 Jailbroken iPhone yet. And modmyi.com telling that an mmi icon will be on the springboard when I browse from safari http://www.modmyi.com/forums, I did. Press the + sign at the status bar below. Press Add to Home Screen. Press Add. There you go, an mmi icon on my springboard. I like it.

I notice that even though Make It Mine of Erica Sadun application was gone, the banner still says what I set before at 1.1.2.

After iTunes restore, then iTunes sync, now my contacts is in my iPhone. I like it.

I think it works the way it should, much better than the previous 1.1.3 Dev Team Jailbreak version 1. It's only days old, so fixes will come after many reports I think.
    Last edited by sh4508; 2008-02-02 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Some correction

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exclamation View Post
    oh no. i just ran the -3 version and its stuck at 100% and says "Downloading Restore". My battery life is down to 10% and I just waited about an hour for this install. What should I do? Will it resolve before my battery runs out?
    Joking right? Why not just plug the phone into the charger?

Quote Originally Posted by hybrid_fx2 View Post
    hey guys i think im finally ready to upgrade to 1.1.3 so this is what i have done so far

1.1.2 jailbroken/activated
    uninstalled all my 3rd party apps
    latest version of installer/bsdsubsystem
    now should i upgrade using installer dev team method
    or
    should i first use bosstools to move all apps to the different area

and is there anyway to check how much memory i have in the root partition?
    I didn't move my apps, had quite a few of them installed, and everything went fine using 1.1.3-3

Quote Originally Posted by exclamation View Post
    Plug your phone in?!?!?!?!?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    How do I activate after completing the jailbreak... i am on att

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used this method last night with my iPhone everything works, including at&t. I did NOT use hacktivation. I believe the reason iTunes activated it is because i had previously upgraded my baseband to 4.3.13, then downgraded firmwares. Is it the 1.1.3 basebands fault that when my phone is in a 1.1.1, or a 1.1.2 state iTunes says it has an invaid sim? It makes the jailbreak more annoying having all these sim popups. Also talk about stressful when you see you precious $400 iphone say you must take it into the nearest apple store because of an unknown error. All in all it worked except for 1 major problem. itunes wont sync succesfully with my phone. The phone shows up and everything with 1.1.3, but when i sync my phone flahes the sycning screen for about a second then goes back to slide to unlock (not slide to cancle, as it would normally) while itunes continues syncing songs and photos onto the phone. They show up in itunes as if they are on the phone and they take up the space so clearly they are, but when i open iPod it just says you have no music you can download music from itunes! I cant even click on any of the sub catigories in iPod. The photos dont show up at all either, but camera roll does. Yes ive tryed all the normal troubleshooting methods ex. restarting phone, trying different usb ports/computers. Ive tryed with a mac, but currently use pc. Thanks in advance! PS: im using the latest version of iTunes

Also why does the update say that you must put on hacktivation when you don't need to do it if you have upgraded your baseband. Correct me if im wrong.

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast