Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Am i the only one who updated installer but mine still just says 3.0 and not like 3.010b or something? Is that normal?? I keep restarting phone to see if i will get the update notice but nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by alb0zf1n3st View Post
    Am i the only one who updated installer but mine still just says 3.0 and not like 3.010b or something? Is that normal?? I keep restarting phone to see if i will get the update notice but nothing..
    dont restart the phone, just refresh the installer....try that...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As I understand previous version was BETA and 3.0 is the last one

I have tried to just refresh also, i did the update but like i could have sworn it says 3.010b now it doesnt anymore after my phone crashed trying to update BSD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/200...ler-update-30/

Conceited software needs to document their releases! It is very anoyying that there has been Official 1.1.3, 1.1.3-2 (which I used) and now 1.1.3-3. When you choose more info it takes you to their homepage, and if you look under packages they have a list with NO information regarding the software. Who the heck thinks it's a good idea to release a major phone upgrader like this with zero changelogs or documentation on how it works or what it does. Sheesh. On a side note, I used 1.1.3-2 and it worked great, however I'd really like to know what 1.1.3-3 changed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post
    Conceited software needs to document their releases! It is very anoyying that there has been Official 1.1.3, 1.1.3-2 (which I used) and now 1.1.3-3. When you choose more info it takes you to their homepage, and if you look under packages they have a list with NO information regarding the software. Who the heck thinks it's a good idea to release a major phone upgrader like this with zero changelogs or documentation on how it works or what it does. Sheesh. On a side note, I used 1.1.3-2 and it worked great, however I'd really like to know what 1.1.3-3 changed.
    Completely agree

So it means you did not have any problems with sync, ringtones, EDGE etc.?
    Last edited by StrippyZG; 2008-02-01 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by StrippyZG View Post
    So it means you did not have any problems with sync, ringtones, EDGE etc.?
    Correct, I went from 1.1.2 Jailbroken and unlocked Anysim 1.2.1u to Conceited Software Official 1.1.3-2

Sync works, partition size is 300mb, ringtones work, maps locate and hybrid work (if you run locateme or navizon 1 time first).. all major functions running. My only gripe is that Services.app won't disable EDGE anymore, and SSH services restart each time I reboot. So for now, I have removed EDGE settings. Too EXPENSIVE to use in Canada! Come on Rogers, cheap data rates please.

quicl question .
    i had an unlock 1.1.1 upgraded to 1.1.2 unlocked, then used the devteams method 1.1.3-1,
    now there is like 1.1.3-3 how do i install this method ?
    would i downgrade to 1.1.1 then work up again ?
    also i read that you will have to kick the phone out of recovery .. will that be the case in this scene ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Correct, I went from 1.1.2 Jailbroken and unlocked Anysim 1.2.1u to Conceited Software Official 1.1.3-2

Sync works, partition size is 300mb, ringtones work, maps locate and hybrid work (if you run locateme or navizon 1 time first).. all major functions running. My only gripe is that Services.app won't disable EDGE anymore, and SSH services restart each time I reboot. So for now, I have removed EDGE settings. Too EXPENSIVE to use in Canada! Come on Rogers, cheap data rates please.
    Sorry for bothering but only one question. Do you remember how much free space did you have on main (root) partition before upgrading?

P.S. I use NetServices.app and works perfect

OK I just found some info on Hackint0sh forums. I don't want to break rules by linking out to them so here is what I found edited with my own findings too.

Known issues status list:

- Direct firmware Download from Apple takes long time.
    Fixed in version 1.1.3-2
    3 options available before starting the upgrade:

1) Let the script download the file from Apple
    2) Put iPhone1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw in /var/root/Media before
    starting the process. It will be decompressed on the iPhone
    3) Put 022-3743-100.dmg (already decompressed) in in /var/root/Media.
    This will speed up the process!

- System Partition WRONG SIZE
    Fixed - in Version 1.1.3-2

- iTunes Syncronization
    Fixed - in version 1.1.3-2
    Syncfix script from Dev Team has now been included

- File cleanup at the end of the process
    Fixed - in version 1.1.3-2

- EDGE
    Working - in 1.1.3-3 - Note: I reset Network Settings after 1.1.3-2 and it will save my EDGE settings, but Services.app will not disable EDGE access (anyone have a fix for this?)

- YouTube
    Working - in 1.1.3-2

- Google Maps Locate
    Working
    Only after the installation of LocateMe (Run one time after each reboot allows for Google locate to function)

- SMS Out of Order
    Still an issue
    This is an known bug from Apple. No fix yet.
    Workaround possible:
    Make sure iPhone is setup to receive the network time. Choose General > Date & Time and turn Set Automatically to ON.
    (Note that in some locations, network time may not be available and in some cases, you may not see this option)

- Summerboard
    Available for 1.1.3
    NOTE: I tested new summerboard and it works, Wiggly icons, custom wallpaper.. however, icons would not change, and my favourite theme Neuraux Leopard would not show up in themes list after installing the theme. I have kept Summerboard installed, seems stable.

- Customize
    Available for 1.1.3
    Not tested yet

When i use the dev team update program it asks me about the hack thing i choose yes then it says do you want to restore i said no.. it says initialising then just crashes..

Thanks

- YouTube
    Working - in 1.1.3-2
    i just did a 1.1.3-3 upgrade via installer - everything went great for me except when i open youtube i get the following error "you must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube"

any fix for this??

3.0 is no longer in BETA mode. Hence Installer 3.0 is now the latest version. You can verify this too by installing any app and noticing the "add to queue" function now available prior to installing.

Seriously thinking about "diving" back into 1.1.3 jailbreak (tried it 3 times, last one was the first official Dev Team installer) and on this last attempt, everything looked fine except I could not play any kind of media (no sounds, movies wouldn't play, no voicemail, no songs, etc.). Got really pissed off and then went back to 1.1.2. Even had to downgrade my baseband firmware since I had updated to the latest 1.1.3 baseband firmware from Apple so I would be "up to date" and all, have Google maps working properly, etc.. Now it looks like things are finally smoothing out.

Polling question though:
    Quick show of hands, how many of you have issues with getting SSH access into your iPhones now that you are on a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone? I'm on a PPC Mac and I have heard some issues in the forums concerning this. This is my only concern right now on whether to go back into the "Lion's Den."

Couldn't agree more! It really boggles the mind when you have such a talented and resourceful bunch of people doing some amazing and incredible stuff. Here they are, spending days, weeks, months working on something like this, sweating it out, etc. And then what? They release it with no notes (or anything worth mentioning), no manual, no documentation, no "known" issues list, no list of bugs to be worked out. Nothing. It's like someone releases a really cool piece of software that does some really amazing new things, but they release it without a single document on how to use it, what it does or even how to install it.

Talk about flying "blind."

Don't get me wrong. I love these guys. I really do. But as someone who works on a daily basis with a wide assortment of developers and programmers, I got to say, this is really shabby. Why spend all of that time, effort and sweat only to release it into the open so everyone has to guess at everything around every corner? Seriously, how hard would it be to release a simple document telling us about known issues, who should and who shouldn't install this software, a simple F.A.Q, a simple guide, etc.?

Listen, I'm no newbie at this or on a lot of other computer issues. I've built many a computer system in my day as well as writing my own software (Perl, C+, C++, etc.) and solv all of my own computer problems and issues. But this is not the point.

You spend weeks and weeks developing something but you can't spend one day writing a simple 3 page document? Come on!
    Last edited by TitoC; 2008-02-01 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello! I have my iPhone in 1.13 with modem firmware 4.02.13, activated, jaibreaked & unlocked but in the final off this post comments that:
    "When completed and on 1.1.3 only if you having a problem syncing use scp to copy over syncfix.sh file from this archive to / directory of your iphone. The ssh in and run syncfix.sh. Your syncing problem will be fixed."

What that means? I have tu use scp to put syncfix.sh from the archive to / directory of my iPhone? Or I have to put all the archives of the file that I downloaded?

Please help thanks

I just did the 1.1.3-3 and after it was finished and rebooted my phone nothing changed...
    it was still 1.1.2......
    I have a ATT,1.1.2 jailbroken phone

Quote Originally Posted by khil View Post
    i just did a 1.1.3-3 upgrade via installer - everything went great for me except when i open youtube i get the following error "you must first connect to itunes with an internet connection to enable youtube"

any fix for this??
    same problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by teriyakiboy13 View Post
    I just did the 1.1.3-3 and after it was finished and rebooted my phone nothing changed...
    it was still 1.1.2......
    I have a ATT,1.1.2 jailbroken phone
    I've been at it with 1.1.3-3 for 12 hours and can't get by the following Notice: "To update to 1.1.3, please exit Installer.app and run Upgrade from the Springboard." I'm using SummerBoard 3.0 and it doesn't have an upgrade option. So I return to Installer and try to install SummerBoard 3.1-1. No dice; I immediately get the following Error: "Firmware 1.1.3 is required for this version of SummerBoard!" That exclamation point is becoming more and more irritating. So NOW what do I do? Delete SummerBoard 3.0? If that works, I'll do it, but I don't want to delete SummerBoard 3.0 (and all my SummerBoard apps) only to find myself in the same stuck place.

At least 1.1.2 and all its apps are still working. Perhaps I should sit on the sidelines until they release 1.1.3-4?
    Last edited by river0; 2008-02-01 at 07:03 PM.

what does jailbrakeing do to the iphone

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast