Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Does anyone know how to remove the Dev team jailbreak file from your phone after your phone was succesfully jailbroken also was wondering if you could remove the( Private/Var/root/BearPhuc.log

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    im not very well familiar with the run program how do i run syncfix.sh through the ssh and run method im told to use in the syncfix directions?

Thanks

I said no to hacktivation and removed my sim card and the reinstalled it and itunes activated with out a problem, but I for got to installed SHH and had to do the JB all over again. And this time I said yes and the phone just froze! The third time I said no again and removed the sim and reinstalled the card and itunes activated the phone again.

yeah..thanks...its a little late..ive wasted all day on this you guys work so hard for us..but im soooooooooo new to this and thought i lost my ikitten for good!

does hactivation unlock my phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a previously upgraded to 1.1.3 phone (initially followed Nate's method which initially worked, then crashed; only successful wasy to get the phone up was to restore to generally un-jail broke 1.1.3).

Today I followed the downgrade instructions to downgrade to 1.1.1 to get back to 1.1.2 jailbroke; ran the developers jailbreak without a problem ... well appeared to run well; no phone service (on AT&T, never unlocked); otherwise everything seems to work fine. I searched through about 40 pages and didn't find a solution.... any suggestions?

Default iphone not connecting to Leopard os x
    Hi

I have asked this question before!

I have iphone 1.1.3 which ssh in PC fine via winscp but when i try same in Mac os x leopard it will not do it.

I have already perform step in terms of
    Deleting .ssh file but this has not helped.

can any one help me to get this right.

Soon i will be away for weeks and i will not have access to pc, i need this working on MAc OS x Leopard.

You can email me on [email protected]

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what is hactivation!?

Ok, the upgrade was successful after using this method ((was using Nate Trues))

I now have the 190mb of other space, how can I delete this used space?

Quote Originally Posted by cdimic25 View Post
    does hactivation unlock my phone?
    I dont believe so. I think it just activates it so you can bypass the iTunes activation
    Last edited by Dark246; 2008-02-01 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey I didnt use hactivation and my 1.1.3 worked and I did it last night

Default run syncfix
    Quote Originally Posted by iitycoocii View Post
    im not very well familiar with the run program how do i run syncfix.sh through the ssh and run method im told to use in the syncfix directions?
    If you use a PC XP, you have to install the winscp program, and through it, at the Command menu, execute this command.

There are lots of other methods. Read the guides.

ok well i am just pissed now. So the story is i had 1.1.2 and was happy with it, no complaint what so ever, then i came across Boss tools, the bigest pain in my @ss ever. I picked it up on installer cause it said it would prep my files for the update to 1.1.3 with the devteam break, what it really did is royally f'd my fone to the max. Thanks boss tools, now i get to the apple logo, it stays there for a while and just does the load circle over and over and vibrates like i am just pluging it in when it is connected to my comp. I hate this. Stick with 1.1.2 if it aint broke why fix it, cause apple didn't do it all rite to begin with i guess.. thanks mac! the custom colorware paint job makes it a good looking paper weight though.
    Last edited by soldoutluck; 2008-02-01 at 02:30 AM. Reason: cause i can!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    ok well i am just pissed now. So the story is i had 1.1.2 and was happy with it, no complaint what so ever, then i came across Boss tools, the bigest pain in my @ss ever.
    thanks mac! the custom colorware paint job makes it a good looking paper weight though.
    Don't know what bosstools did but I can assure you your iphone is recoverable. Sounds like the Application directory is hosed and springboard is not starting up. Depending on circumstances you may be able to ssh into the phone and repair the Application directory.

Also, you can downgrade back to 1.1.2 (via 1.1.1) and everything will be back to where you were, i.e. your iphone is in no way 'bricked'. Even if you accidentally upgraded the baseband firmware you will at least have an expensive itouch.

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_baba View Post
    hi
    the directory has been removed but there is still no connection.

I have tried it on fugu and cute FTP. Any other suggestion?

Thanks

hi
    the directory has been removed but there is still no connection.

I have tried it on fugu and cute FTP. Any other suggestion?

Thanks
    open a terminal window and type:

ssh -l root <youriphoneip>
    (password: alpine)

Post the output
    Last edited by imode; 2008-02-01 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

soldoutluck (2008-02-01)

my itunes wont let me downgrade, i get error (1).
    any plans on a one click installer like the good old days?

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    Don't know what bosstools did but I can assure you your iphone is recoverable. Sounds like the Application directory is hosed and springboard is not starting up. Depending on circumstances you may be able to ssh into the phone and repair the Application directory.

Also, you can downgrade back to 1.1.2 (via 1.1.1) and everything will be back to where you were, i.e. your iphone is in no way 'bricked'. Even if you accidentally upgraded the baseband firmware you will at least have an expensive itouch.

open a terminal window and type:

ssh -l root <youriphoneip>
    (password: alpine)

Post the output
    so if i just put it in to recovery mode and restore will i be able to downgrade and then back up to 1.1.2 & second if i don't have time to do that yet will my phone work or are you saying that it will basically be an itouch?

I done all the methods and i did the latest one and everything work fine till i turn off my phone and turn it back on and know my sound does not work and my phone does not vibrate or ring and now i am stuck with a 1.1.3 jailbreak phone that everything works except the sound does any one know how to fix this problem i would appreciated your help.

I had my Iphone updated to 1.1.3 and everything worked fine..except one thing was that it would automatically reboot itself after a while and restart in recovery mode. I would then have to start from 1.1.1 again. Anyone have any advice as to what the problem would be?

I got an AT&T Corporate account and I'm using my iPhone in Puerto Rico with the area code (787). I use different methods for unlocking the phone. The last one was using Independence, I upgrade to from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1 and downgrade to 1.0.2 and upgrade again to 1.1.1. My phone is active and unlocked for 3rd apps. Its secure for me to use the Dev Team method to upgrade to 1.1.3? Which functions can I loose? Are the entire features from the 1.1.3 will work on my iPhone? Thanks for the help!

PS. Im a little confuse who can without problem use this method....

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast