Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Hmm, I made this update and it is version 1.1.3, but I have no wiggly icons

hello all.. i recently ran the dev team's 1.1.3 jailbreak program on my already 1.1.2 jb. When it first booted it up I only saw two icons, Installer and openssh. Nothing else.

I figured it was a reboot issue, so i rebooted. Now i get an emergency screen with "slide for emergency" and when I slide, i get into the interface where I am limited to dialing when it's an emergency. No icons.

hello all.. i recently ran the dev team's 1.1.3 jailbreak program on my already 1.1.2 jb. When it first booted it up I only saw two icons, Installer and openssh. Nothing else.

I figured it was a reboot issue, so i rebooted. Now i get an emergency screen with "slide for emergency" and when I slide, i get into the interface where I am limited to dialing when it's an emergency. No icons.

hi, no it will not unlock you locked 1.1.2, you need unlock first and after update to 1.1.3

I only own an ipod touch so I wont be able to help with iPhone problems sorry guys at 94%

Has anyone figured out how to uninstall summerboard. I keep getting the error from installer "main script execution failed" I tried ssh-ing into my phone and deleting it manually. But I get another error.

Also I'm not quite clear (after reading close to 50 pages of this thread) if anyone has solved the strange installer crash either. Where once I've installed 4 programs, when I try to install another installer crashes back to the home screen. Is the solution to this simply freeing up space on the root partition? Or elsewhere? I could read more to find out what to delete. I just wanted to know if this solved the installer crash problem.

Quote Originally Posted by nypc69gabe View Post
    I jailbroke my iphone with the dev team method but when i got a call i couldn't hear the person on the other line and also my youtube was not working, i even tried youtube fix but it did not fix it. Anyone have any idea why?... by the way i had jailbroken it a couple of days ago and everything worked perfect except installer was crashing i found a way to fix that so that's y i did the whole process again but... i don't know maybe it has to do with the dev teams official method where as the first time it was from mmi source
    wha i did was a reset in "Reset all settings"...and i got sound back

Default Installation Hangs halfway and now iPhone just reboots endlessly
    Hey guys I need some serious help here.. My phone now just reboots endlessly and there is no way for me to restore anything... cos I cannot even mount the Phone..

This happened after the installation for the modmyi 1.1.3 hung halfway... and I had to restart it..

Any help/suggestions would be welcome!

Elle49 - I have lots of free space according to Bosstool, and I have the same problem, I have not seen a solution either. I can not uninstall Summerboard,get the same error you do, and all the apps over 4 do not install but bounce you back to the screen. What seems weird is Bosstool reports no freespace in Root 0/266 when I have seen in the posts that there is supposed to be 300 Meg set aside for root. I also show 1052 free out of 7440 Mb on /var, which means there is space for applications. Can anyone tell us what Bosstool should show in a properly set up iphone? Ted
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-01-31 at 01:14 AM. Reason: reply to Elle49

it got to 1% on depressing or w/e then it cut out I clicked update again it says reading existing image will post afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    wha i did was a reset in "Reset all settings"...and i got sound back
    Is youtube working for you?

I use the dev,s method from 1.0.1 jailbreaked and updated to a 1.1.2 and fail, firs I spend more than 2 an half hours for downlaod and 2 mor for decompressing. Reset and install the Nate's method and success everithing it's working perfect. Also I erase the files dev's method left me with mobilefinder, Hope this help somebody

Ernesto

hmm it seems my iPod just keeps reseting itself over and over again at the apple logo which is really weird.

Ok if your ipod keeps restarting you can mount it. Make sure it is plugged in the click both the power and home button at the same time then it will shut off wait a sec then let go of the power button but not the home button it will make a sound on your computer in a few secs (btw itunes should be open) then it will stay black and itunes will say it found an ipod in recovery mode then you can recover. I will try a 1.1.3 jailbreak one last time on the weekend when I have more time.

Ok if your ipod keeps restarting you can mount it. Make sure it is plugged in the click both the power and home button at the same time then it will shut off wait a sec then let go of the power button but not the home button it will make a sound on your computer in a few secs (btw itunes should be open) then it will stay black and itunes will say it found an ipod in recovery mode then you can recover. I will try a 1.1.3 jailbreak one last time on the weekend when I have more time.
    Last edited by riku98523; 2008-01-31 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Double post!! sorry site is kinda glitchy right now.
    Last edited by riku98523; 2008-01-31 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Double post.

Quote Originally Posted by nypc69gabe View Post
    Is youtube working for you?
    yes my youtube works both in edge and wifi.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_baba View Post
    I am unable to locate this folder on mac, can you tell me where it might be

thank
    1. open a terminal
    2. ls -la
    3. if you see .ssh, rm -rf .ssh
    ~ = your home directory

Default I Finally Got It Working!!
    Bear with me and hopefully this will help some of you. What I did has now worked for 2 iPhones that previously had differing problems with the prior jb files.

I originally tried the JB posted by MMI and had all sorts of problems - essentially it never took and my phone was all screwed up with many of the same problems that many of you are experiencing. The only thing I could do at that point to get a working phone was to let iTunes upgrade me to 1.1.3 so I went ahead and did that and let it be for 2 days. Not wanting to be "defeated" by the jb, I turned to this forum and began reading, determined to give it 1 more shot.

On page 25 of this thread I came upon a post by iPhoneWriter (post #378) and used his post as my starting point (kudos and thanks to you). On his advice, I began by going to the following website (http://www.winandmac.com/mobile/ipho...nd-jailbroken/) and followed it with certain minor modifications that I will mention here to hopefully help you.

Modifications:
    To Step 1 - I put the phone into Recovery Mode first (per www.iPhoneAtlas.com's instructions. and I did the 1.1.1 restore TWICE also per iPhoneAtlas. I then used independence to kick the phone out of recovery mode after the SECOND 1.1.1 restore

I then followed steps 6 - 11. Note, however, that on one of my phones these steps worked the first time thru. On the other phone, however, I had to repeat steps 9 & 10 7 or 8 times before the phone finally rebooted itself so that I could continue. Bottom line is be persistent and patient. Also, as a side note, ignore any Invalid Sim error messages that you might get as these will eventually go away after Step 15.

I followed steps 12 & 13, including adding the i.unlock.no source

I followed steps 14 - 18. I SKIPPED steps 19 - 22 because I did not need an unlocked iPhone.

I then followed steps 23 - 28. Again, on 1 phone, step 27 occurred rather quickly while on the other phone at step 27 the screen looked all screwed up and it took a good 10-15 minutes before the phone rebooted itself. Again, be patient, very patient.

I then followed the link at the bottom of that page with the fixes. One thing to keep in mind that isn't always clear... In order to get the Google Maps faux-GPS to work, you need to run LocateMe or Navizon EVERY TIME YOU POWER UP your phone. This "fix" only works until you shut the phone off so you need to leave one of those on the phone at all times. I prefer Locate Me because you don't actually have to have it open your location in GoogleMaps - with Locate Me it's enough that you press the button to have it locate your location but then you can quit out before having it open GoogleMaps.

A few final notes. I needed to download a few other fixes from Installer. I needed BossMan's email fix in order to get it to save my email passwords. You can get that by adding this source to Installer: http://sleepers.net/iphonerepo

Knock on wood, everything works fine - Edge, Google Maps (as above), downloading multiple apps from Installer, the latest version of Boss Tools and much much more.

Hopefully this spares some of you some grief. Just be patient, take the time and return to square 1. Thanks again to iPhoneWriter for his post on page 26 and thanks to NateTru for his JB as that is the one I was able to get working satisfactorily.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by newrazr; 2008-02-06 at 01:35 AM. Reason: correcting typos

OK, after I upgraded my phone had no sound... at all, I could transfer my music and ringtones and everything but they just didnt work. not even phone keys made sound... so I went back to 1.0.2... then upgraded to 1.1.1, then 1.1.2 THEN did it all over again and now I do get sound and everything seems to be working right EXCEPT.. my custom ringtones in itunes (the ones i officialy purchased) do not transfer to my phone. all the other ringtones (the ones I have made myself) work fine.. but why do my purchased itunes ringtones fail to transfer?

Thanks

wait so u downgraded all the way back to 1.0.2? and then all the way back up to 1.1.3? and u got sounds back?

Theres a new version of the "official 1.1.3 upgrader" now version 1.1.3-2.

Anyone know what changed?

Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast