Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Default vt100 terminal problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    Did a fresh install. Got everything working except vt100 asks for a user/pass. Also can not install more than 5 items.
    Exactly, here! it keeps on asking user/password. the usual root alpine never work. Any ideas pals?

Quote Originally Posted by shugni View Post
    Ok... all sounds working again .... after having tried everything - and practically given up with all resolve to revert back to an early firmware version - i pulled the sim card and reinserted it and all sounds work fine again... must have been a blip somewhere......
    You are lucky... I cant make my sounds work at all!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone got any idea why my contacts page has no alphabet down the side or in between. I on 1.1.3 jailbroken, everything works greats. Had to use Navision to get Google locate to work. Just wondering if anyone elses contacts page is funky? Thanks

Ok. Updated to 1.1.3 via MMI installer of the dev team jail break. Worked flawlessly. Locateme, custom ringtones, the whole shabang is working like a charm. Have SSH working, however like the above posters am getting a login/pw prompt for terminal (vt100). I believe this is due to the terminal running as root in wheel group but logged in under user mobile (as do all apps on 1.1.3). Looks like we wait for an update to vt100. Does anyone know the default pw for mobile?

hi

Is there any update on Iswitcher 2.7, as its not in installer.

Does anyone know how can I replace the wallpaper behind the icons,

What is the file name of pic which in the backdrop (BLACK BG) behind the icons.

If some can please advise asap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rishabsyd View Post
    i tried that
    jailbreakme not working on 1.1.1, i have the modem firmware of 1.1.2

then i even upgraded to 1.1.2 and back, i was just shifting from the firmwares. but could not jailbreak it. i tried 1.1.1 and 1.1.2.
    now my phone cant even restore the screen goes black.
    it is currently on 1.1.2. on the activate screen with itunes and the cord behind and it is asking "slide to unlock"
    when i connect to itunes an error shows 11333.
    what has happened someone help
    what should be my next move.
    Ok, calm down, do no connect the iPhone to iTunes. If you have your iPhone 1.1.2 jailbroken, now do a full restore to 1.1.1, expect error 1015 and boot from recovery using jailbreak.jar or independence. Then use jailbreakme.com ... install BSD and Oktoprep; theeeen, make a UPGRADE (hold shift and click upgrade) ( DO NOT CLICK RESTORE) in iTunes, and select 1.1.2 firmware. Fine, install BSD, and then you must choose between the iBrickr method or dev team method. You should not have problems, I did all these steps more than once with 4 iPhones, and everything is working fine man

PS: I also recommended you to downgrade the baseband to 04.01.13G (using installer)
    Last edited by viP4x; 2008-01-30 at 03:41 PM. Reason: a PS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to viP4x For This Useful Post:

rishabsyd (2008-01-30)

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Ok. Updated to 1.1.3 via MMI installer of the dev team jail break. Worked flawlessly. Locateme, custom ringtones, the whole shabang is working like a charm. Have SSH working, however like the above posters am getting a login/pw prompt for terminal (vt100). I believe this is due to the terminal running as root in wheel group but logged in under user mobile (as do all apps on 1.1.3). Looks like we wait for an update to vt100. Does anyone know the default pw for mobile?
    I did jb with dev team and everything is working good.

The user name is root for me and Pass is alpine.

How did install ssh on phone. I can only access phone on pc platform my mac will not access.

Question magicsim!!
    does magicsim still work on 1.1.3??

Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Update:

My phone is a 1.1.2 otb and I did not remove any 3rd apps before this upgrade /jailbrake.

LocateMe works better than before BUT I still cannot get Openn SSH to install, I reinstall BSD subsystem in case that was the problem but nothing, Open SSH will not show up on the screen even down installer says it's installed -

Anybody else has a problem with Open SSH?

Rick
    im pretty sure that there is no icon for open ssh. have you tried logging in on your computer?

Is there anyway I can see battery with % on 1.1.3 and anyways I can change bg behind icon on spring board.

Does anyone know the location of the pic file behind the icons?

Thanks

If I already have a jailbroken 1.1.3 and use this method would this do anything bad? I'm having trouble with my alarm sound on a jailbroken 1.1.3 the nate ture way.

Hi guys, i need your help.
    I do the update, but i don't choose "hacktivation"...the update run ok, i was on 1.1.3, but after reebot my phone, i'm stuck on the "emergency call".
    I have carrier signal, i can receive calls and the phone show the callerid...it's seems like all works ok, but i cant pass the "emergency call".... what can i do ?

Help me please, and sorry for my bad, bad english.
    Last edited by javierfz; 2008-01-30 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    A lot of us have had problems. For me using the MMI installer method, after an hour I got ERROR RUNNING INSTALLER SCRIPT. I waited another half hour and then rebooted - it came up 1.1.3. I had removed all the not needed apps si I started installing them fresh again, some would install, others not, but after about 5 I could not install anymore. Now the basic Apple apps work fine, but SUMMERBOARD, CUSTOMIZE, IRADIO, openSSH, and a bunch of others will not install at all while HP15C installs but is missing all the constants. If I had to do it over again I would stay with the 1.1.2 with all the apps and wait. Without the ability to SSH into the Phone (open SSH shows up in the UNINSTALL list but not on the phone) and Fugu and Cyberduck can not see it, there is no way to fix anything. VT100 installs, but it keeps asking for a login name and password before I can use it, and I have run out of things to try, root for name, dottie or alpine for PW do not work. That's where I am at. Ted
    Open ssh in installer is fine
    you will not see an icon when you install
    by default it is always on, to turn it off you should install toggle or net services
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    Ok, calm down, do no connect the iPhone to iTunes. If you have your iPhone 1.1.2 jailbroken, now do a full restore to 1.1.1, expect error 1015 and boot from recovery using jailbreak.jar or independence. Then use jailbreakme.com ... install BSD and Oktoprep; theeeen, make a UPGRADE (hold shift and click upgrade) ( DO NOT CLICK RESTORE) in iTunes, and select 1.1.2 firmware. Fine, install BSD, and then you must choose between the iBrickr method or dev team method. You should not have problems, I did all these steps more than once with 4 iPhones, and everything is working fine man

PS: I also recommended you to downgrade the baseband to 04.01.13G (using installer)
    how can i restore if i cant go to the restore mode
    i am on 1.1.2 activation screenbut on the background i can see itunes and below the cordand the "slide for emergency"
    i have firmwares 1.1.1,1.1.2,1.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post

how can i restore if i cant go to the restore mode
    i am on 1.1.2 activation screenbut on the background i can see itunes and below the cordand the "slide for emergency"
    i have firmwares 1.1.1,1.1.2,1.1.3.
    and yes jailbreakme did not work
    Last edited by rishabsyd; 2008-01-30 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by javierfz View Post
    Hi guys, i need your help.
    I do the update, but i don't choose "hacktivation"...the update run ok, i was on 1.1.3, but after reebot my phone, i'm stuck on the "emergency call".
    I have carrier signal, i can receive calls and the phone show the callerid...it's seems like all works ok, but i cant pass the "emergency call".... what can i do ?

Help me please, and sorry for my bad, bad english.
    This is exactly what happened to me. I wonder if something is wrong with that option. Anyone who chose yes for hactivation have any issues?

I had to restore to 1.1.1 and go back through the whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    Open ssh in installer is fine
    you will not see an icon when you install
    by default it is always on, to turn it off you should install toggle or net services
    Then how come fugu or cyberduck can not access the phone? It just will not connect, saying that the host will not allow connection. What am I doing wrong? used root as name and alpine or dottie as password. Thanks Ted

Quote Originally Posted by rohit_baba View Post
    I did jb with dev team and everything is working good.

The user name is root for me and Pass is alpine.

How did install ssh on phone. I can only access phone on pc platform my mac will not access.
    maybe that is my problem using a MacBook with Leopard
    Last edited by [email protected]; 2008-01-30 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by PhatheadWRX View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me. I wonder if something is wrong with that option. Anyone who chose yes for hactivation have any issues?

I had to restore to 1.1.1 and go back through the whole process.
    Ups, ok.... but, how you do that ? can you help me....

Any other help, before i do taht ?

I'm having problems using the installer method. When I get to the point where it says "here we go ...", I click OK, and then my iPhone looks like it is starting to install, but then it suddenly seems to shut down and go to the "home page." Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

I am in the UK upgraded without issues by the timezone was off by 8 hours, Timezone was set correctly, use network time was set. Looking at world time showed +8 for local time.

I noticed that the issue was to do with the following link

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 29 Jan 30 15:20 localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/GMT+8

SSH onto phone and run

ln -fs /usr/share/zoneinfo/Etc/GMT /var/db/timezone/localtime

Reboot Phone - all is good - hope this helps.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevedunn For This Useful Post:

Callae (2008-01-30), SeaPea (2008-01-31)

i did this everything went good only problem now is i have no sound at all cant hear phone calls no speaker no headset no ringtones can somebody help please

i restored to 1.1.1 and worked my way back up but still same result no sound at all
    Last edited by da0ne83; 2008-01-30 at 06:04 PM.

Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast