Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    How to manually free up space on the root partition
    (do this before upgrading to 1.1.3. Also do this at your own risk, I will not take responsibility if something bad happens. During the copy 'cp' steps make sure you have autolock set to 'never' and you have plenty of battery charge)
    1. ssh to the phone
    2. cp -Rp /Applications /private/var/root/Applications
    3. cp -Rp /Library/Fonts /private/var/root/Fonts
    4. rm -rf /Applications (be careful here!!!)
    5. rm -rf /Library/Fonts
    6. ln -s /private/var/root/Applications /Applications
    7. ln -s /private/var/root/Fonts /Library/Fonts
    8. upgrade
    Will free a minimum of approx 90mb.
    Thanks, the problem is i have already updated to1.1.3 so my only option at this point is bosstool which I'm hearing different things about.

sry if this question has been repeated...but i have otb 1.1.2 and currently unlocked with a nextsim i believe, so does the phone function and the 3rd apps still work if i upgrade it to 1.1.3 through itunes?

thanks =)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bkaviator777 View Post
    some reason the installer stopped working after i made the upgrade to 1.1.3. It started to work at first and i was uninstalling and putting back my applications but now it doesnt even open. Any suggestions as to how i get this to work again?
    ran out of space on your root partition. See previous post on how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by eternal View Post
    hey,
    you just need to downgrade and the re- jailbreak. this is what i did when i had the same issue.
    thanks
    You wont believe me ... I made 3 restores, first with the nate true method, when I noticed the wifi problem, I tried again the iBrickr method ... same ressult; then restore and did this dev team method, no surprises ... the wifi problem. Then I tried with 2 more iPhones (from my friends); AND THE SAME WIFI PROBLEM!!!! May be its the router??? mmm

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoyomomo View Post
    sry if this question has been repeated...but i have otb 1.1.2 and currently unlocked with a nextsim i believe, so does the phone function and the 3rd apps still work if i upgrade it to 1.1.3 through itunes?

thanks =)
    just read the front page of this site before posting questions like this... yes it has been repeated 100x. Just read. Sorry, you'll have to search for the answer on your own. It's quite easy to find

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sooo does this upgrade the iphone and everything that it updates works? the locate me and all? because as far as i know the nate upgrade didnt have that and it wont allow the sdk things.... someone enlighten me here because im confused lol

Default Help!
    I upgraded to 1.1.3 following the instructions, everything seemed to be working great. Then I plugged it in to sync with iTunes. My iphone now has the "slide for emergency" screen, and iTunes says "There is a problem with your iphone... blah blah". What should I do?!!!!

SSH still works, so I can at least get into the phone, but I don't know how to even restore back to 1.1.2

Matt

Did a fresh install. Got everything working except vt100 asks for a user/pass. Also can not install more than 5 items.

i've got an ipod touch jailbreaked to 1.1.3 using the upgrader in installer. but when i've jailbreak it, i try to install applications using installer. it just wouldn't work. after downloading package and while installing package, it just closes installer. anybody can help me? i followed all the instructions, downgrade to 1.1.1 then start afresh but it still gives me the same problem.

when a correctly jailbroken 1.1.3 all of the sudden ends up in restore mode, just use the 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar (conceitedsoftware) to 'boot from recovery', works everytime. if for some reason it doesn't, it may be because you never had to downgrade from 1.1.3 (when you downgrade from 1.1.3 you first install a .dfu file to help it kick out of restore mode). if it doesn't work and remains in restore, I would look into a way of getting that .dfu file on your phone otherwise a restore is all you can do... and in that case look at the bright side, the phone is already prepped for restore

Quote Originally Posted by murrolems View Post
    I upgraded to 1.1.3 following the instructions, everything seemed to be working great. Then I plugged it in to sync with iTunes. My iphone now has the "slide for emergency" screen, and iTunes says "There is a problem with your iphone... blah blah". What should I do?!!!!

SSH still works, so I can at least get into the phone, but I don't know how to even restore back to 1.1.2

Matt
    i had the same kind of problem... you have to downgrade, jailbreak, then try again basically. put your phone in recovery mode (hold sleep and home buttons for about 20 seconds) then use itunes to downgrade to 1.0.2 or 1.1.1. if itunes has an error, use ibrickr to diagnose it and just follow the prompts. click here or here for more help.
    hope that helps a little.
    -Tristan
    Last edited by t.storbeck; 2008-01-30 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by murrolems View Post

Matt
    i had the same kind of problem... you have to downgrade, jailbreak, then try again basically. put your phone in recovery mode (hold sleep and home buttons for about 20 seconds) then use itunes to downgrade to 1.0.2 (then back up to 1.1.1/2) or 1.1.1. if itunes has an error, use ibrickr to diagnose it and just follow the prompts. click here or here for more help.
    -Tristan

how do i delete 185 MB restore file it downloads?

Quote Originally Posted by randomopinion View Post
    when a correctly jailbroken 1.1.3 all of the sudden ends up in restore mode, just use the 1.1.2 jailbreak.jar (conceitedsoftware) to 'boot from recovery', works everytime. if for some reason it doesn't, it may be because you never had to downgrade from 1.1.3 (when you downgrade from 1.1.3 you first install a .dfu file to help it kick out of restore mode). if it doesn't work and remains in restore, I would look into a way of getting that .dfu file on your phone otherwise a restore is all you can do... and in that case look at the bright side, the phone is already prepped for restore
    I tried the 1.12 jar boot from recovery, but it just gets stuck on the first step where it says "sending commands" and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by t.storbeck View Post
    i had the same kind of problem... you have to downgrade, jailbreak, then try again basically. put your phone in recovery mode (hold sleep and home buttons for about 20 seconds) then use itunes to downgrade to 1.0.2 (then back up to 1.1.1/2) or 1.1.1. if itunes has an error, use ibrickr to diagnose it and just follow the prompts. click here or here for more help.
    -Tristan
    That's the problem, I can't downgrade. I can't do anything. I can only ssh into the phone. The phone and iTunes don't give me anything.
    Last edited by murrolems; 2008-01-30 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

where should that file be located?

the newest version of independence kicks mine out of recovery

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Anyone tried the official DevTeam release on installer from the ConceitedSoftware Community Source? I'm installing now and at least it looks very impressive. The installation process keeps you informed every step along the way. Only time will tell if it is any better than the Natetru jb release and the jb posted under the MMI installer. Nates jb worked fine except for no edge, a patch being needed for ringtones, and the locate me function not working. I could at least ssh my way in, keep all my emails, install my own ringtones and use iswitcher and it seemed fairly stable. Once the original MMI installer jb was posted I immediately restored my perfectly working iphone to 1.1.1, upgraded to 1.1.2 and used installer to jb to 1.1.3. It seem a little irratic to begin with. I couldn't install personal ringtones using ssh, iswitcher could no longer be used, Edge was now working and with the use of LocateMe google would now "locate me". But the system was very unstable, installer wouldn't install more than 5-7 apps without continuously crashing to the springboard. Needless to say I restored to 1.1.1 and upgraded to 1.1.2. This time I could not longer jb 1.1.1 bc my firmware hade been upgraded.

So now I'm trying the official Devteam release from conceited...we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by ripped53; 2008-01-30 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepins View Post
    the newest version of independence kicks mine out of recovery
    I have the new independence beta, and it says it's not compatible with 1.1.3

Quote Originally Posted by vietthomas View Post
    how do i delete 185 MB restore file it downloads?
    Until this question is either answered or the main page of this thread is updated to say there is no 185 MB file to delete after upgrade is done I'm not jailbreaking 1.1.3 again. Too little info.

Bosstools doesn't delete it

Using SSH or Bosstools to move applications may work for moving the applications, but moving applications and deleting an 185 MB restore file are not the same thing.

File is not located at /prvate/var/restore.zip

When I downgrade to 1.0.2, 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 my other space goes back to around 12 MB. However, as soon as I upgrade back to 1.1.3 either clean or jailbroken others space jumps back up to over 185+ MB. Normally I would think this means the 185 MB file in others is just OS related, but it's so many mixed messages. I've seen people that never modded their iphone and upgrade to 1.1.3 say they have 12 or so MB of others space and I see others who never modded say they have 185+ MB of others space and it's normal. No definite answers = uncertainty.

Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast