Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

try to uninstall ssh, and then install it again, normaly the ssh setting is ON when you install it.. if you cant connect first time just try again, first time is slow and might not connect

where is the restore file located?

Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    so i updated and all is well besides of course the sync issue wich has been stated previously, but i tryed to use the locate me app to find my location like some have stated works to make the maps location availible but it opens then goes black. ne coments would be great.
    Same problem here and navzon (or what ever) NEVER works here for me

i dont wanna go through all the pages but i got a quick n simple question.

If i buy an iPhone right now from the apple store...it is gonna have the 1.1.3 firmware (most likely)

is it possible to unlock/jailbreak it? or not yet....or we can only unlock the iphones that alreayd have the 1.1.2 which is what i know from reading a few posts here n there.

so please..if someone would answer that..it would be great.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Here's all I did
    Using Vista and latest version of iTunes (7.6 I think it is) Unlocked to T-Mobile and using 04.02.13_G baseband

I restored my device too 1.1.1

Jailbroke using jailbreakme.com

Installed BSD and Comm Sources

Installed OKtoPREP

Updated to 1.1.2 (not restore)

Used the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (where you run the windows.bat and reboot your phone, then it reboots itself afterwards

Phone was now jailbroken and unlocked

Updated installer and comm sourses

Installed the 1.1.3 update under utilites (had modmyi in contact, so used it)

Waited for about an hour, manually rebooted, 1.1.3 was installed and running

Did the manual re-locate of apps (symbolic link)

Now I am good to go, other than 200+ used in root partition from the jailbreak of 1.1.3

Now they say that the location feature does not work when latest baseband is not installed... BUT MINE DOES, I TRIED IT AT HOME AND AT WORK, IT LOCATED ME BOTH TIMES, AND WITH WIFI-TURNED OFF BUT EDGE RUNNING
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    Using Vista and latest version of iTunes (7.6 I think it is) Unlocked to T-Mobile and using 04.02.13_G baseband

I restored my device too 1.1.1

Jailbroke using jailbreakme.com

Installed BSD and Comm Sources

Installed OKtoPREP

Updated to 1.1.2 (not restore)

Used the 1.1.2 Jailbreak (where you run the windows.bat and reboot your phone, then it reboots itself afterwards

Phone was now jailbroken and unlocked

Updated installer and comm sourses

Installed the 1.1.3 update under utilites (had modmyi in contact, so used it)

Waited for about an hour, manually rebooted, 1.1.3 was installed and running

Did the manual re-locate of apps (symbolic link)

Now I am good to go, other than 200+ used in root partition from the jailbreak of 1.1.3

Now they say that the location feature does not work when latest baseband is not installed... BUT MINE DOES, I TRIED IT AT HOME AND AT WORK, IT LOCATED ME BOTH TIMES, AND WITH WIFI-TURNED OFF BUT EDGE RUNNING
    When you re-locate apps to the other partition, what happens when you instal new apps? which partition do they install on?

Can you uninstall an app with installer.app once the app has been moved to the other partition?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vancouver16 View Post
    When you re-locate apps to the other partition, what happens when you instal new apps? which partition do they install on?

Can you uninstall an app with installer.app once the app has been moved to the other partition?
    var/root/Applications and yes they do remove when installed and uninstalled by Installer
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.

So BossTool v0.35 did not work for you under 1.1.3?
    BossTool works just perfect for me under 1.1.3 by moving the fonts and now i have 84 mb free

Quote Originally Posted by SiLeNtKiLLa View Post
    var/root/Applications and yes they do remove when installed and uninstalled by Installer
    My problem is I do not know how to move files around on my iphone to clear up the space need to install new apps. And I am not 100% sure that BossTool is safe to use (I do not like how you cant reverse what BossTool does.

anybody have a suggestion... Or able to point me to a guide to free up the need space.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

so whats the final say? does the dev team jailbreak allow you to actually update via itunes just like the previous updates??

Quote Originally Posted by mrdjflood View Post
    BossTool works just perfect for me under 1.1.3 by moving the fonts and now i have 84 mb free
    did you only move the fonts?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My problem is I do not know how to move files around on my iphone to clear up the space need to install new apps. And I am not 100% sure that BossTool is safe to use (I do not like how you cant reverse what BossTool does.

anybody have a suggestion... Or able to point me to a guide to free up the need space.
    BossTool is what messed my phone up as to why I had to go back to 1.1.1... Not sure as to freeing the memory myself, but I would recommend just going back to 1.1.1 and start of fresh... Only downside, reinstalling all the apps.

Log into your device with winscp, copy all your app folders to your PC, start fresh, after complete, re-copy them back to your device is a quicker solution, but you have to uninstall manually I believe.

some reason the installer stopped working after i made the upgrade to 1.1.3. It started to work at first and i was uninstalling and putting back my applications but now it doesnt even open. Any suggestions as to how i get this to work again?

Default SMS time mismatch; and Clock error
    Quote Originally Posted by pcinco View Post
    anybody having issues with sms time mismatch. I sms somebody and when they sms me back, all there sms's are before mine and marked with time 11 earlier then my time???!! and this happen with all people smsing me since i install this 1.1.3 soft upgrade.
    I did not yet have the time to try SMS. but when I update to 1.1.3 last night, I found my clock is 11 hours behind of Hong Kong time, despite I set the location, international, data and time format to Hong Kong.

when I manual set the clock to the right time, the Hong Kong time in the clock world time is 11 ahead.

That's funny. I tried to set the clock to automatic. But nothing changed.

Default help me
    Now what has happened to me is that i upgraded to 1.1.2 properly yesterday and then downloaded the package of 1.1.3 from the modmyi package of dev team from the installer itself. it worked great for some hours and then when i just rebooted the phone i got stuck in the recovery mode " itunes coneect screen with the cord" and then it is just not coming out of it. itried restoring it to 1.1.1 but error 1015 occurs ( 3 times), itried restoring it to 1.1.2, it happened but i did not know how to go ahead and jailbreak from the number pad screen and emergency dial, i tried restoring it back to 1.1.1 again but the same problem occured .
    now what should i do
    when i connect to the itunes it asks to restore only
    and yes i have tried the ibrickr but it does not reboot
    and i tried manually rebooting but nothing happens.
    should i restore to 1.1.3 and then try downgrading it to 1.1.1. because the phone gave me lots of problems and i would like to stick with 1.1.1 till something more stable comes up.

please help me.
    rishab

Quote Originally Posted by rishabsyd View Post
    Now what has happened to me is that i upgraded to 1.1.2 properly yesterday and then downloaded the package of 1.1.3 from the modmyi package of dev team from the installer itself. it worked great for some hours and then when i just rebooted the phone i got stuck in the recovery mode " itunes coneect screen with the cord" and then it is just not coming out of it. itried restoring it to 1.1.1 but error 1015 occurs ( 3 times), itried restoring it to 1.1.2, it happened but i did not know how to go ahead and jailbreak from the number pad screen and emergency dial, i tried restoring it back to 1.1.1 again but the same problem occured .
    now what should i do
    when i connect to the itunes it asks to restore only
    and yes i have tried the ibrickr but it does not reboot
    and i tried manually rebooting but nothing happens.
    should i restore to 1.1.3 and then try downgrading it to 1.1.1. because the phone gave me lots of problems and i would like to stick with 1.1.1 till something more stable comes up.

please help me.
    rishab
    All you have to do is when downgrading to 1.1.1, just wait until error 1015 appears, then just open the 1.1.2 jailbreak software (from conceited software), run jailbreak.jar (you willl need java machine update 3 for this), and then click "boot from recovery", and voila! you are just in the 1.1.1 activate screen

20. The Following User Says Thank You to viP4x For This Useful Post:

rishabsyd (2008-01-30)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

did you only move the fonts?
    How to manually free up space on the root partition
    (do this before upgrading to 1.1.3. Also do this at your own risk, I will not take responsibility if something bad happens. During the copy 'cp' steps make sure you have autolock set to 'never' and you have plenty of battery charge)
    1. ssh to the phone
    2. cp -Rp /Applications /private/var/root/Applications
    3. cp -Rp /Library/Fonts /private/var/root/Fonts
    4. rm -rf /Applications (be careful here!!!)
    5. rm -rf /Library/Fonts
    6. ln -s /private/var/root/Applications /Applications
    7. ln -s /private/var/root/Fonts /Library/Fonts
    8. upgrade
    Will free a minimum of approx 90mb.
    Last edited by imode; 2008-01-30 at 04:11 AM.

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast