Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

What Version of BossTool were you using?

i ended up using the ssh/terminal method to jb and it seemed to work faster then using the installer/mmi method.

it also seems that after installing locate me and running it once that i can use the gmaps locate me feature without the locate me app.

just an fyi

I was using the latest version, whatever that might be.

Maybe I didn't have enough space for the tool to do the job - it looks like I will have to move the stuff manually and create those symbolic links.

I still need to find out what I can move, where to find those files and I already have a good idea where to move them to

I wonder why the bosstool didn't work ...

Rick

Ignore this post
    Last edited by rrsodl; 2008-01-30 at 12:36 AM.

So BossTool v0.35 did not work for you under 1.1.3?

Yes, that is what I'm saying.

I didn't do any harm though, it just didn't do anything.

Rick

Ignore this post
    Last edited by rrsodl; 2008-01-30 at 12:35 AM.

Default MMI installer method works but I have some bugs
    The MMI iphone direct 1.1.3 installer process went smoothly but, I seem to have a limit of about 20 apps now, some apps show up with icons but do not show on the uninstall list, other install but do not show up as Icons, while others do not install at all. I tried the soft 1.1.3 files delete download and uninstall but that did not change anything. Any Ideas? I can not SSH in because there is no SSH icon on the Springboard altho Uninstall says it's there. A real puzzle. Thanks, at least its reasonably useful, mail, phone and most apps work OK. Ted

Default @rrsodl
    Quote Originally Posted by rrsodl View Post
    Yes, that is what I'm saying.

I didn't do any harm though, it just didn't do anything.

Rick
    Dude you have a serious echo here (double post)

However.... I appreciate your attention to this. We need a tool to delete the unecessary file and also to move the apps to free up space. If anyone knows of a solution that will keep me from screwing up my iphone please let me know.

THANKS!
    HE IS I & I AM HE

I have basically the exact same situation....

Well if you have room for 20 3rd party apps then you are luckier than most people are reporting a maximun of 5 apps.....

You are having the same problem as I had, I could not see the icon for Open SSH but as I was told you are ok to use SSH - just connect to it and it will work. And the password is still alpine

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Hubtime View Post
    Dude you have a serious echo here (double post)

However.... I appreciate your attention to this. We need a tool to delete the unecessary file and also to move the apps to free up space. If anyone knows of a solution that will keep me from screwing up my iphone please let me know.

THANKS!
    BossTool should work. It says it is compatible with 1.1.3 and I have read that others have had success, I now i'm confused.

Anyone here had BossTool work under 1.1.3?

Default MMI installer method works but I have some bugs
    The MMI iphone direct 1.1.3 installer process went smoothly but, I seem to have a limit of about 20 apps now, some apps show up with icons but do not show on the uninstall list, other install but do not show up as Icons, while others do not install at all. I tried the soft 1.1.3 files delete download and uninstall but that did not change anything. Any Ideas? I can not SSH in because there is no SSH icon on the Springboard altho Uninstall says it's there. A real puzzle. Thanks, at least its reasonably useful, mail, phone and most apps work OK. Ted

so i updated and all is well besides of course the sync issue wich has been stated previously, but i tryed to use the locate me app to find my location like some have stated works to make the maps location availible but it opens then goes black. ne coments would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I ended up using iTunes 7.4 on a second computer. my lap top has 7.6 and I could not do it. 7.5 should work though. I also read on one of the instruction posts that 7.6 would not work, I know that I could not get it to work.
    hope that helped.
    that helps. now anyone know where i can get a copy of an older version of itunes?

Boss tool works.

Default my phone froze for 2 hrs. rebooted and 1.13 was working.
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Some reports have said up to 50 minutes. Apple's servers are slammed for requests for the file, so it may be slow. Your WiFi speed also affects it.

Still removes, and no, you have to be on 1.1.2 jailbroken.

Works, yes. The MMi versions is the Dev Team version, we just packaged it for Installer to make it easier for ya'll to use.

thanks, glad it worked for ya!

Refresh your sources. It should be under Recent Packages, but if not, its also under Utilities.

This method or NAteTrue's? Ringtones should be unaffected with this method.

Those apps don't work with 1.1.3 yet. As to the EDGE, add the BigBoss source (see our wiki for the url) and install the EDGE fix.

Tell people to stop calling you.
    After reboot jailbroken phone now working. love it. Now if i can just uninstall catagories and summerboard. gives me error in script. anyone know how to do this?

anybody having issues with sms time mismatch. I sms somebody and when they sms me back, all there sms's are before mine and marked with time 11 earlier then my time???!! and this happen with all people smsing me since i install this 1.1.3 soft upgrade.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast