Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneguidedk View Post
    There is no folder 'x' in /private/var/

Can the creators of this tutorial/Installer script/thread please tell us which file(s) to delete or modify the guide to make it clear if some files are to be deleted or not.

/martin
    1. ssh into your iPhone
    2. cd /private/var/root
    3. du -sk * (will print a list of files/directories and sizes)

Post the list and I will tell you what you can delete. Since I haven't upgraded to 1.1.3 yet (waiting for the train wreck to stop) I won't know what is the correct file/directory to delete until someone shows it to me.

I'm waiting patiently for another week (which is what a lot of n00bs should have done)

Quote Originally Posted by bookmark View Post
    what about anysim unlocked phones?
    Will this update brick the phone? because only said jailbreaked.
    Thanks
    Read this post http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25725 (it's on the front page btw). If you are asking this type of question after 1000+ posts I would hold off before attempting an upgrade
    Last edited by imode; 2008-01-29 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hey,
    just wanna know what to do if i have a 1.1.3 firmware downloaded on a pc. i tried renaming it and putting it in /private/var but it doesn't work and gives many errors at last. please please please please help me. any dev team member, any moderator or expert please help me.
    thanks

OK I'm really peeved by this 1.1.3 soft upgrade boondoggle

First I tried Nate True's method from a 1.1.1 unlock. It worked, but then ran into the DRM and problems with a jump from 1.1.1. However, apps worked, installer worked, and it was stable, and I could clean off the soft upgrade files.

I restored, locked, jailbroke, updated to 1.1.2, unlocked with independance and everything was great. Faster, etc.

I saw Monday that you could now upgrade to 1.1.3 from within installer.app, so I gave it a shot (used modmyi source)
    and holy crap did it break my stuff, data sync didn't work, installer crashes, reinstall BSD, still flakey install of apps. SSH'd to phone, look to clean off files, but none there. Why is the Other now taking up 200Mb when Nate Trues method only took up 30 after removing files. This is BS, and I going back to 1.1.2 until somebody can make a GOOD SOFT-UPGRADE THAT USES THE CORRECT PARTITION SIZE, FIXES SYNCING, AND CLEANS UP AFTER ITSELF PROPERLY!

Consider me annoyed... restoring 5 times in 3 days and loosing iTunes iPhone backups does that.. ARG

Just want to make my contribution and thanks dev team.

It worked pretty well, 100%. Just read everything and be patient. I think many problems is because people doesn't read and want to do things quickly.

Everything went well, took me 80 minutes too install (be patient!). Google Maps Locate Me working (after using LocateME 3rd party once) and used manual moving application told in earlier post.

The sync bookmarks still an issue (eveything else in syncing is fine!!!), but doesn't bother me. I tried installing the http://www.sendowski.de/iphone fix but it crashed my WIFI!! don't do it! I had it restore to 1.1.1 and started again.

Again, it worked perfectly and I'm back to my 1.1.3 jailbroken unlock iphone in vodafone UK. I do recommend if syncing bookmarks doenst bother you. In a couple day there will be a official fix and then it's ok. Google Maps Locate Me is awesome, edit home screen even better and it looks a bit faster!!

Cheers everyone!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Netcruzer View Post
    OK I'm really peeved by this 1.1.3 soft upgrade boondoggle

... GOOD SOFT-UPGRADE THAT USES THE CORRECT PARTITION SIZE, FIXES SYNCING, AND CLEANS UP AFTER ITSELF PROPERLY!

Consider me annoyed... restoring 5 times in 3 days and loosing iTunes iPhone backups does that.. ARG
    Free upgrade... lot's of people who had no problem. I followed the instructions and had 1.1.3 running flawlessly in 30 minutes. Why not just wait a couple of weeks before you try these things? Otherwise, don't complain.

hey,
    just wanna know what to do if i have a 1.1.3 firmware downloaded on a pc. i tried renaming it and putting it in /private/var but it doesn't work and gives many errors at last. please please please please help me. any dev team member, any moderator or expert please help me.
    thanks

What about the wifi issue? nobody else has this problem? I enable WiFi in settings, but everytime I go to the homescreen, the wifi signal bars ajust gone! and wifi connection lost!! Its like the wifi bars become gray (not the solid), the connection lost =(

Quote Originally Posted by viP4x View Post
    What about the wifi issue? nobody else has this problem? I enable WiFi in settings, but everytime I go to the homescreen, the wifi signal bars ajust gone! and wifi connection lost!! Its like the wifi bars become gray (not the solid), the connection lost =(
    hey,
    you just need to downgrade and the re- jailbreak. this is what i did when i had the same issue.
    thanks

Ok, here's the deal.

You guys are basically gods.

Had a go last night and the installer app didn't seem to work. Could this be because your server is so overloaded?

Started again from 1.1.1, jailbroken, 1.1.2 jailbroken & sim unlocked then ran the app. It seemed to freeze on make a sandwich (i actually did which may have helped...), but then rebooted to a slide to unlock screen 20mins later.

I've no installed any apps yet other then Navizon GPS. Locate me is scarily good, just stuck a pin on my head more or less. Everything seems to work, music, youtube, video, no issues at all so far.

If anyone is having problems make sure you follow the instructions!

Latest version of installer.
    Latest BSD Subsystems
    Timer nest to NEVER
    (I also had SIM unlocked 2nd time - dunno if that made a difference)
    iPhone DOCKED but with iTunes & helper quit
    WiFi connected

Took about 20mins start to finish.

Thanks again guys, you truly rock.

Oh i'm on T-Mobile in UK by the way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Colorado Steve's Avatar
    Thanks

Great work team!

I'm really not sure why so many problems are arising for some, because my update worked to a T.

I have one theory- are the problems coming from iPhone brought after Nov?

I brought mine in Oct. and all the breraks that I have done(just two) worked per the instructions. Although I must admit that I did do diligent research to make sure that what I was doing 1. will work 2. if any problem may occur, I will know how to fix.

Hope that everyone gets to their end destination. 1.1.3 is fun to play with, but I'm missing my icons.(their there, just talking about neat designs).

Thats DevTeam and keep it coming.

I have one thing you might want to add to the requirements list : Put your phone in airplane mode, because the update will mess up your phone when you get called in those 20 minutes you have to wait.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for the installer guys!

// Hmm nevermind, Wifi will also get deactivated when you turn on flight mode....well let's hope nobody calls
    Last edited by Roflpantoffels; 2008-01-29 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflpantoffels View Post
    I have one thing you might want to add to the requirements list : Put your phone in airplane mode, because the update will mess up your phone when you get called in those 20 minutes you have to wait.

Just my 2 cents, thanks for the installer guys!

// Hmm nevermind, Wifi will also get deactivated when you turn on flight mode....well let's hope nobody calls
    well, there is a solution: *activate call forwarding* to another phone.
    i did it on my iphone before starting the soft-update.

btw: it took over an hour for me to complete. everything went ok.

thanks dev team and mmi!

When I try to use the jailbreak it says plug the iphone in and quit itunes. Can you do this without plugging it in? I only have access to wifi at work and cant plug the phone in here. Ive read all 35 pages and didnt see this question asked. Please let me know, thanks
    Last edited by gr42178; 2008-01-29 at 04:42 PM.

Default restore mode
    Is there anyway to get out of the restore mode without having to actually restore the phone???

My fone did a hard reset and now it just shows the "Plug into Itunes screen"

Will ibricker work?

I can't say I'm an expert, but i know when i was upgrading to 1.1.2 at the end of the upgrade, my phone was stuck in restore mode, and i just opened independence, and it knocked it out of restore mode, and the upgrade was completed.

I'm running a 17" macbook pro, with a week 3 iphone.

Hey has anyone seen this, it was just released...

http://ijailbreak.com/

Another jailbreak 1.1.3 method, no matter what release you're running
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2008-01-29 at 05:08 PM.

Guess whats missing?...

(Installed Navizon, and my Calculator disappeared). PLEASE HELP

but atleast 1.1.3 is working perfectly.

**Some quick help to everyone**, before going to 1.1.3, restore and jailbreak your phone back to 1.1.2, and then use bosstool to move everything. Once you do this the 1.1.3 install threw installer will be a peice of cake.

The only issue now is ... my calculator...

sorry it posted again, dont know how to delete the post.
    ignore
    Last edited by tonyrojas2007; 2008-01-29 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gr42178 View Post
    When I try to use the jailbreak it says plug the iphone in and quit itunes. Can you do this without plugging it in? I only have access to wifi at work and cant plug the phone in here. Ive read all 35 pages and didnt see this question asked. Please let me know, thanks
    the mmi installer method only requires wifi to work. there is no need for a usb connection (except as a power source - with download and install times of sometimes 1 hour you could easily run out of power...)

oaks.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to oaks For This Useful Post:

gr42178 (2008-01-29)

I have updated last night everything went well...couple minutes ago my phone crashed and I held the power button and home screen button to restart my phone...next thing I know I see the iTunes sign and the cable its in restore mode ... what does this mean what is going on ???????????? All help would be greatly appreciated

Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast