Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Hey Guys,

I tried upgrading the BDS using installer and it kept freezing. I tried going back to 1.1.1 and up back to 1.1.2 but it would not activate.

Anyways MY Question for anyone who has the right answer is. I ended up with 1.1.3 because I needed a working ifone. What is the best way to get to 1.1.2 jail breaked??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by squassss View Post
    That worked like a champ! Does this have potential to cause any other conflicts within the OS?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by singhkenny View Post
    Hey Guys,

I tried upgrading the BDS using installer and it kept freezing. I tried going back to 1.1.1 and up back to 1.1.2 but it would not activate.

Anyways MY Question for anyone who has the right answer is. I ended up with 1.1.3 because I needed a working ifone. What is the best way to get to 1.1.2 jail breaked??
    Try using the latest version of Independence to downgrade back to 1.0.2 then update back up to 1.1.2, activated and jailbroken. That's what i did after my (1.1.3) installer.app ate itself when stupid me tried to perform an installer update after i started to get the installer crashes. I'm back to 1.1.2 and staying there until this whole 1.1.3 mess is sorted out. besides, Locateme and Navizon didn't work in 1.1.3 and they're working fine for me in 1.1.2. Maybe I'll try Nate True's method.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrojas2007 View Post
    ok so i did a clean install back to 1.1.2 and used bosstool (while in 1.1.2) to move everything (apps, ringtones, fonts etc).

I then upgraded to 1.1.3 everything runing perfect. Now i installed bosstool again and saw i had 4mb out of 266mb remaining. so i moved fonts and ringtones and got back 91mb.

I was wondering if this is normal, i cant move apps. everytime i press "relocate applucations" it goes back to the same screen and nothing happens?

Just checking

***also should i be worried about the 1.1.3 install file (160mb i think), Unistall or leave it***

Thanks again.

****ONE MORE ISSUE*** Just installed Navizon and it ATE MY CALCULATOR. Help
    wtf? it ate your calculator?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikenoecker View Post
    OMG.....

I have gone through 20 pages of this thread, and NO ONE has still answered the question:

How do you remove the space used up by the DevTeams 1.1.3 jailbreak? The tool in Installer does NOT work for this method....

So PLEASE, would someone with some REAL knowledge (Cash, Poetic, Side) help us out here?

Thanks guys!
    Convinced there is no space taken up. I think it's a simlink pointing back to / somewhere and iTunes gets confused when it reports the space used
    Last edited by imode; 2008-01-29 at 03:07 PM.

Hello I can't find the x ? where exactly there is?

wow 33 pages, thats amazing. Then again, upgrading from installer is amazing!

So this dosn't upgrade the baseband huh? thats convenient for us Unlocked users. So we dont have to unlock after we use this method?

Was looking forward to google locations but hey, can't win all the time.

Thanks for this MMi, you had me at hello!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by pr0naLd View Post
    i got rid of the whole 200+MB of used "other" space after upgrade.

i deleted the folder 'x' in /private/var/.

x should have 022-3743-100.dmg and 022-3743-250.dmg, should pretty much free up all the space
    There is no folder 'x' in /private/var/

Can the creators of this tutorial/Installer script/thread please tell us which file(s) to delete or modify the guide to make it clear if some files are to be deleted or not.

/martin

Default a word of advice...
    to all those who are having to downgrade to 1.1.2 .... DO NOT i repeat DO NOT (shakes finger) sync or backup iphone with itunes before trying to downgrade. apparently the backup file for 1.1.3 phones is not compatible with 1.1.2. in other words, if you backup your settings etc with 1.1.3 installed then try to restore settings with 1.1.2 it doesn't work. trust me. i know.
    i am now kicking my *** for trying to upgrade to 1.1.3. i should have waited.....

Thumbs down Same sort of problem after a day and half
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrojas2007 View Post
    Huge issues i had with the update. I havent seen anyone have the same issues so i made a quick video.

-Video-

I need to correct the title since its not everyones problem, but i followed the rules and still got screwed.

Just downgraded back to 1.1.2.

Would it be best to try it again now that its a clean 1.1.2 install?

thanks

So the Dev Team update/install went flawless on 1/27/08 @ 6pm PST, until tonight just 10 minutes ago I was in bed doing a search on Google and selected one of the resulted links and my phone froze, well after it rebooted I was at the restore screen. So I just installed the normal 1.1.3, until a jb 1.1.3 in perfected... To many problems...

Quote Originally Posted by t.storbeck View Post
    to all those who are having to downgrade to 1.1.2 .... DO NOT i repeat DO NOT (shakes finger) sync or backup iphone with itunes before trying to downgrade. apparently the backup file for 1.1.3 phones is not compatible with 1.1.2. in other words, if you backup your settings etc with 1.1.3 installed then try to restore settings with 1.1.2 it doesn't work. trust me. i know.
    i am now kicking my *** for trying to upgrade to 1.1.3. i should have waited.....
    now... does anyone know a way around this so that I can have a jailbroken phone with my settings? Will i have to wait til someone can jailbreak 1.1.3 from scratch (which i hope someone is working on)?

when the sdk is released, will the dev team release a jailbreak to 1.1.3 for idiots like me who messed up?
    Last edited by t.storbeck; 2008-01-29 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by t.storbeck View Post
    now... does anyone know a way around this so that I can have a jailbroken phone with my settings? Will i have to wait til someone can jailbreak 1.1.3 from scratch (which i hope someone is working on)?

when the sdk is released, will the dev team release a jailbreak to 1.1.3 for idiots like me who messed up?
    Been doing all of this for a while and consider myself pretty knowledgeable with the iphone and all of our nifty tricks. I will say this, I have a 1.0.2 OOB running 1.1.2 JB
    going to 1.1.3 caused loss of bluetooth comms altogether with apple headset with no hope and battery life extremely shorter. This is fact with my version of iphone anyway, so I would advise totally against 1.1.3 until things get better as it looks like they might. Also found a lot of apps won't install on 1.1.3 so the only point is shakey moving icons? big deal!!! I'll stick with customize for now on my safe and very functional 1.1.2 JB!

Quote Originally Posted by Core627 View Post
    I am contemplating doing the upgrade via installer or at all. If i go up to 1.1.3 via installer, will open SSH work the same on Cyberduck, or at all?
    Hi,

Last night I jailbroke my iphone through the installer, 20 minutes and 18 seconds I was rather surprised it took just that...

I only had 3 5 apps before I started and that included the installed, Open SSH, converter, Locateme and isolitaire.

On reboot I found the icon for the installer was still there but the icons for the other 3rd party apps have gone, however, those apps still appeared as installed.

I un-installed converter, Open SSH, isolitaire and Locate Me and began to install one by one again... I cannot get the icon for Open SSH to show, no matter how many times I tried to un-install and re-install it, and it's not in another screen either. However, iphone says that it's installed so I later on I will connect the iphone to my laptop and see what happens

I had a quick look at 1.1.3 before I went to sleep and I to be honest the upgrade is not worth the risk in my opinion.

My thanks to the development team and everybody involved with giving us this jailbrake / upgrade - A job well done.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wiseone View Post
    i jst upgraded my 2 iphone

Bootloader - 3x
    1.1.2 jlbrken and unlocked

Result: script execution was stuck for more then 2hrs, i jst restarted my iphone. After restart i got 1.1.3, fully functional and unlocked already.

Bootloader - 4x
    1.1.2 - jlbrken and locked (was using TurboSim)

Result: 1.1.3 fully functional n locked (using TurboSim)
    @ Wiseone

u say :"Result: 1.1.3 fully functional n locked (using TurboSim)"

n locked means ?

I have a 1.1.2 OTB jailbreaked and unlocked with TurboSim (the real deal bladox).

Do I need 2 uninstall iWorld? and all other 3-th party apps?

thx in advance

Tjakka

Default How do I get Installer 3.0b10?
    When I went to 112, Installer self-destructed, ceased to work and jammed up my iPhone. After removing it all else is OK. Where do I find a copy of 3.0b10 to install via Independence?? Can anyone extract and upload? THANKS - Cheers, Robert.

Update:

My phone is a 1.1.2 otb and I did not remove any 3rd apps before this upgrade /jailbrake.

LocateMe works better than before BUT I still cannot get Openn SSH to install, I reinstall BSD subsystem in case that was the problem but nothing, Open SSH will not show up on the screen even down installer says it's installed -

Anybody else has a problem with Open SSH?

Rick

1.1.3 upgrade worked like a charm for me just make sure you delete all of your apps from your 1.1.2 phone. The upgrade only took about 20 minutes to complete the entire thing. Make sure you download boss tools .35 the .34 didn't work for me just move the fonts (which frees up about 100 mb) and then you can download/install apps and move them manually to the other partition.

what about anysim unlocked phones?
    Will this update brick the phone? because only said jailbreaked.
    Thanks

I updated to 1.1.3, and it is cool, but I would like to go back to 1.1.2. Do I just put my phone in restore mode and restore via itunes to 1.1.2?

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    To 'free memory' i.e. disk space use either method:

* Use bigboss to move your apps to /private/var/root
    * or... Manual method

1. ssh into iPhone
    2. cd /
    3. cp -Rp /Applications /private/var/root/Applications
    4. rm -rf /Applications
    5. ln -s /private/var/root/Applications
    6. remove 'noexec' from line 2 of /etc/fstab
    7. reboot
    Yeah, I did this second method as I had to do with 1.1.2 before and the installer problems are gone. Step 6 didn't apply, though, as there was no noexec in /etc/fstab.

(Not to mention that previously some desperate and thoughtless commands had me go all the way back to 1.1.1 and up to 1.1.3 again, but who's to mind two more hours gone? )

Quote Originally Posted by pr0naLd View Post
    i got rid of the whole 200+MB of used "other" space after upgrade.

i deleted the folder 'x' in /private/var/.

x should have 022-3743-100.dmg and 022-3743-250.dmg, should pretty much free up all the space
    Hmm, I too thought about deleting that—I saw it was created at a certain point by install.sh—but after the update there's no x folder in my /private/var directory… go figure.

So, can we forget about those 185MB or not? With /Applications soft linking to /private/var/Applications this is almost a non-issue, but the question still bothers me.

(All in all, there's been quite some time since I had so much tension in the command line! )

Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast