Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    So I decided to jailbreak my girlfriend's iphone for her. She was on jailbroken 1.1.2. I used the DEV team method, updated BSD and installer before proceeding and plugged into itunes. It updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken but here is the kicker..

After installing a few apps, installer would no longer install apps. It would say "installing package" then just crash back to springboard.

So I figured Id do a soft reset and see what happens..

Held the power and home buttons, as soon I got the apple logo I let go as to not put it into recovery mode...however, IT DID GO INTO RECOVERY mode and so I had to restore and now she is 1.1.3 JAILED.

I also have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone, and whenever something has gone wrong or frozen I always soft reset and everything is fine. Apparently you can never soft reset on jailbroken 1.1.3 or your screwed. Im curious if anyone else noticed this installer problem and this soft reset problem.

Needless to say I won't be upgrading mine to 1.1.3 this jailbreak is just too unstable. If it aint broke, don't fix it I guess.
    Yeah I had the same problem,
    I started all over again and guess I forgot to do the base band downgrade (but pretty sure I missed that step before too with no big problems)
    went to upgrade to 112 and got a bunch of stuff about invalid sim on both the phone and itunes.
    ended up haveing to go to the ATT store get a new sim and reactivate
    now debating on wether or not to grab a pair and try it all over again

Default Help :$
    i upgraded last night
    but i have just reboot and got the Itunes logo
    What should i do now?
    i need to jailbreak it, but, how :$

ty

Quote Originally Posted by vancouver16 View Post
    what version of bosstool did you use? an update just appeared in my installer
    It's version 0.35

Howzitjoe

does it work better if i do this on a completely fresh jailbroken 1.1.2, 1 app installed itouch?

I was finally able to install more than 5 apps! use bosstool to free up some space.

Im using 1.1.2 jaolbroken with nextsim now...if i want to upgrade to 1.1.2 will i still use the nextsim ? is it worthed to upgrade ?

I have just conected it to my PC and iTunes says my iPhone is in recoverymode and i have to restore it

Should i have to restore?
    Then what can i do to fix mi iPhone
    i dont know how to jailbreakit, i just boght it this way :$
    Thanks for ur help

I have just conected it to my PC and iTunes says my iPhone is in recoverymode and i have to restore it

Should i have to restore?
    Then what can i do to fix mi iPhone
    i dont know how to jailbreakit, i just boght it this way :$
    Thanks for ur help

What did you actually move with BossTool? How much space was freed up?

Can you move the files back at a later date?

Is there a way to delete files on you iPhone from within the iPhone itself?

What did you actually move with BossTool? How much space was freed up?

Can you move the files back at a later date?

Is there a way to delete files on you iPhone from within the iPhone itself?

bosstool makes a shortcut for Fonts, Applications, and Ringtones in the media partition instead of the OS partition.

It creates a shortcut for Ringtones, Fonts, and Applications to trick the iphone into thinking that the folder is in the OS partition, instead of the Media partition. I was able to free up 108 mb.

OMG.....

I have gone through 20 pages of this thread, and NO ONE has still answered the question:

How do you remove the space used up by the DevTeams 1.1.3 jailbreak? The tool in Installer does NOT work for this method....

So PLEASE, would someone with some REAL knowledge (Cash, Poetic, Side) help us out here?

Thanks guys!

I just jailbroke my ipod touch and cant get the wiggle function to work. has anyone had a problem with this to or am i doing the wiggle thing wrong, if so then how do i wiggle on 1.1.3

is there a way to move the apps, fonts, ringtone back later?

Does Boss tool work on 1.1.3 or will it just screw up my ipod touch?
    (boss tool pactches over the apps wallpaper and fonts to save room on the / or "root" partition thus making all the apps installed go to the /var or "Media" partition)
    and or is there another 300mb killer fix for 1.1.3!
    Last edited by zackymcharvest; 2008-01-29 at 04:43 AM. Reason: forgot something

when will the Summerboard and Customize start working on 1.1.3 ?

So I'm up to two hours plus waiting for this 1.1.3 jailbreak to work. I've eaten fifteen sandwiches and am feeling awful. Is it taking this long for anyone else?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wPz
    I
    ihave just upgrade last night

i have a couple of problems
    im trying to uninstall Sumerboard and categorize, but i got a Notice "Error, Main script execution Failed"

What can i do?
    i got the same error when im trying to install some apps

ty ^^

you didn't have the newest installer installed when you upgraded...not sure if a fix will help, I had to do this..
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25695

regards

pry
    i get this same problem and I did have the newest installer. except I only get the error when trying to uninstall summerboard. and I get the crash back to home screen when trying to install aps.
    Last edited by elle49; 2008-01-29 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyneller View Post
    So I'm up to two hours plus waiting for this 1.1.3 jailbreak to work. I've eaten fifteen sandwiches and am feeling awful. Is it taking this long for anyone else?
    Hard reset your phone, you're either done, or screwed....

I had to do that same with mine after I waited a painfully long 75 minutes and said screw it. Mine worked just fine, I hope yours does too.

Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast