Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Thanks. That was it. Running 1.1.3

Default ipsf ?
    Hi ! Everyone, Does Anybody Know If Ipsf Hold This Jailbreake ? (1.1.3)

Plese I Need A Desperate Answer For This One.
    Thanks All

Flood<

Hello everybody:

Ok. Before somebody says, "read and search". I have read the whole 25 pages and not found any answer (at least one that helps).

I had a jailbroken and unlocked 1.1.2. iphone before.

i upgraded to 1.1.3 qnd whiel on this i got the "have a sandwich and low disk space" bla, bla, bla.. Waited 2 hours and nothing happened and had to manually restart my phone. And voila, 1.1.3 was on it but still with the BB 04.02.13.G. So far so good but wait:

My WIFI is no more working. MY phone recognizes my WIFI connection but can neither connect with safari nor installer to download. I had turned off and on my phone so many times but still no connection. Another problem is that my phone does not seem to keep my network settings. I have to manually enter my WIFI keys anytime i restart my phone. I had also done "reset network" but nothing seems to be working.

Phone and other things work.

Any help pls?

Thanks

Latest update on installing apps manually...I installed Vnotes, MIM, TicTacToe, MobileCast update,...no problem, just set files to 0755. Tried to install iPhysics manually but I get an error message about no more space. I'm guessing that they've set a space limitation on the Apps directory which would explain why Installer isn't installing.

howzitjoe

Latest update on installing apps manually...I installed Vnotes, MIM, TicTacToe, MobileCast update,...no problem, just set files to 0755. Tried to install iPhysics manually but I get an error message about no more space. I'm guessing that they've set a space limitation on the Apps directory which would explain why Installer isn't installing.

howzitjoe

I have only one problem now. iTunes cannot sync my contacts. I saw the syncfix.sh solution, buy im running windows. Hoe can I run this file on windows OS? Plz help! I really need my contacts back!!

Default Ibrikr Or Mmi Or Dev
    Ibrikr Or Mmi Or Dev

Which Is The Best One To Use For Upgrading And Does It Work With Anysim Thanks

Does this method clean out that 185 MB restore file it downloads? No. You'll need to delete it still once you get to 1.1.3.
    WHERE IS IT!!!???

Ive seen it asked 1,0000000000 times yet no real response....
    If you have JB thru installer Do you know where this file is?????

I have only one problem now. iTunes cannot sync my contacts. I saw the syncfix.sh solution, buy im running windows. How can I run this file on windows OS? Plz help! I really need my contacts back!!

Slight problem. Well actually big problem for me. I ran Jailbreak 1.1.3 and it worked fine. I reinstalled all of my apps and everything was working very well for several hours. Then I did a hard reset (home and power button) and when it came back all it did was give me the new logo to connect it to itunes. Now my phone obviously won't do anything until I connect to itunes. The same thing happened to my friend after it happened to me. What do I do?

OK just in case people don't want to read 25 pages.

Here is a common problem showing up:

The installer is crashing back to the home screen when you try to install an app. The install will look like it's going to finish and then poof back to the home screen. DO NOT try to uninstall or downrev your installer until the Dev team has addressed this issue. I know from experience that you can actually make things worse for yourself. If you do this you can wack the installer completely and you MAY have to downrev if you do. Just be patient... this is brand new.

OK just in case people don't want to read 25 pages.

Here is a common problem showing up:

The installer is crashing back to the home screen when you try to install an app. The install will look like it's going to finish and then poof back to the home screen. DO NOT try to uninstall or downrev your installer until the Dev team has addressed this issue. I know from experience that you can actually make things worse for yourself. If you do this you can wack the installer completely and you MAY have to downrev if you do. Just be patient... this is brand new.

For all those with sync problems. add resources from:

http://www.sendowski.de/iphone

after the refresh of resources go to tweaks 1.1.3. there you will see SyncFix 1.1.3. install it and your done. reboot iphone. sync with itunes.

I have the same problem everything works fine but a hard reset will cause the phone to boot into recovery mode and i need ibrikr to force it out....
    my worries are if i have to resest out in the street and it goes to recovery im screwed....
    Dev Team do u have any answers?

also Dev team Q&A states
    Does this method clean out that 185 MB restore file it downloads? No. You'll need to delete it still once you get to 1.1.3.
    So where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Slight problem. Well actually big problem for me. I ran Jailbreak 1.1.3 and it worked fine. I reinstalled all of my apps and everything was working very well for several hours. Then I did a hard reset (home and power button) and when it came back all it did was give me the new logo to connect it to itunes. Now my phone obviously won't do anything until I connect to itunes. The same thing happened to my friend after it happened to me. What do I do?
    Sae problem everything works but a hard reset boots back to recovery mode therefor leaving me to use ibrikr to boot it out...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Sae problem everything works but a hard reset boots back to recovery mode therefor leaving me to use ibrikr to boot it out...

I can't believe no one has answered this yet....

Tho I'm also reading that the disk image that the official 1.1.3 JB uses is only 270megs, which basically loses us 30megs on our OS partition. This would be why installer is crashing when installing apps, as there is no free space.

quick question if i have 1.1.2 jailbroken on a iphone that is on at&t and is not unlocked do i have to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then downgrade to 1.1.2 and re jailbreak it and then run this jailbreak or can i just jailbreak it from where i am now which is hte 1.1.2 jailbroken iphone on at&t. I read some where that i had to do that if i am on at&t to like upgrade the baseband or somthing..? Anyway Thanks for your helpp..

Okay, so here is my own tale of getting to the v1.1.3 release.

Scenario:
    - Macbook w/Tiger v10.5.1 and iTunes v4.6
    - Day One iPhone w/BL v3.9, unlock'd and running v1.1.2 w/a T-Mobile SIM

Tools Used:
    - iTunes v4.6 (did I mention that already?)
    - iNdependence v1.3.2 beta
    - *#307# Jailbreak Method (for v1.1.1)
    - Jailbreak v1.1.2
    - AnySim v1.1.2u
    - The ModMyI Forums
    - Enough common sense to read the boards for all known issues and solutions before starting.
    - Patience to keep my idle hands off the iPhone, once the process started.

Results:
    Once Nate released his unofficial soft-upgrade to the v1.1.3 release, I started reading and watching for positive results and issues. Once I was comfortable enough with what I thought the outcome would be, I went for it... and started the process of soft-upgrading. On the first attempt, it failed.... had to enter DFU mode and go back down to v1.1.1, and start again. The second and third attempts yielded the same results, which proved enough for one Friday night.

So, come Sunday night (I had to go to Van Halen Saturday night and knew enough to *not* start something I might not be able to finish) I went about the process of restoring back to v1.1.1, Jailbreaking and moving on to an unlock'd, clean installation of the v1.1.2 release. I used this How-To through (including but stopping after) step #22.... important thing here being that I went ahead and revirginized my baseband too, which I hadn't done previously.

After step #22 of the above How-To (after completing Step #22, I stopped following that How-To), I was running a truly virgin v1.1.2 iPhone, jailbroken, unlock'd and using a T-Mobile SIM (which I never took out.) After that, I refreshed the sources in the Installer application and made sure that it (the Installer application) was on the most recent B10 version.

After making sure Installer was as current as it was gonna be, that the BSD Subsystem v2.0 was installed, and SSH was working, I decided to give v1.1.3 one last shot... this time though, I went straight to the Installer and stepped through installing MMI's v1.1.3 Jailbreak application... 40 minutes later, I was looking at v1.1.3 for the first time... with everything working as expected.

As a final step, I ran the script to fix synching, which fixed my synching issues. Then, I installed Navizon from the Installer, which fixed my Google Maps locater issue. Everything works.... telephone, iPod, SMS, Ringtones (Custom and Base), Email, YouTube, Wiggling Icons an multiple Springboards.... woohoo, a fully functional v1.1.3, unlock'd, jailbroken iPhone.

HUGE thanks for the MMI team, who have come through for the community at large once again. And, of course, hats off to the Dev Team's for getting an official release out that works as advertised.

Now, what can we do about getting MMI a new hosting provider?
    Last edited by iPhoneWriter; 2008-01-28 at 11:29 PM.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

I did this jailbreak this afternoon and everything works well, the only thing is when i connect my iphone with itunes, i see (on the memory bar) about 350mb in "Other" section. I think that is the firmware, but i don't know how can I erase this mb.

Can anybody help me please?

whenever my phone crashes i have to boot it back with independence or ibrikr, so in another word if i'm nowhere near my pc outside, i'm screwed, i'll go back to 1.1.2 until there's a fix or it gets more stable

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast