Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

If this seams like a lame question sorry about that, after read through the entire 23 pages so far, and seeing the numerous summer board, wrong version of installer installed, disk space errors, wait a long time, sync problems posts, I do have two very quick question, other than losing my apps, what else will I loose, will my sms’ disappear? Will my contacts be wiped?

Thanks in advance.

Default Problem syncing
    I now have a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, thanks Dev Team. Mine froze after about 50 minutes, but a hard reset cleared it up and i have installer and the new apps from apple. I am having a tough time syncing though. I can't get SSH/SCP on my 1.1.3 phone. I saw the note about problems with syncing, I just can't ssh the file to my phone. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reinstall BSD Subsystem, then install OpenSSH
    Reboot phone after the BSD reinstall, then install OpenSSH

I had the same problem of ssh not working and this fixed it for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to usrbin For This Useful Post:

dnoc (2008-01-28)

I had updated to 1.1.3 using NateTrue's way first and had issues with my EDGE settings. I reset my network settings and all and still couldn't get EDGE to work.

I then downgraded to 1.1.1, then updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroke it, last but not least updated using DEV TEAM update and everything so far is working as it should. It took me about 15-20 mins for the update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 NO LIE :-)

Good luck everyone and please just read all post prior to updating, this way you save yourself and other's people's time when posting new threads.

when will the Summerboard and Customize be working for 1.1.3?

Ok, I did it with no problem ... but I have sync problems; with only syncing my contacts (they just dont sync, dont appear in the iPhone) ... music, videos and everything else was ok!

Should I run the syncfix.sh file?

Thxs in advance

Ok, I did it with no problem ... but I have sync problems; with only syncing my contacts (they just dont sync, dont appear in the iPhone) ... music, videos and everything else was ok!

Thxs in advance

Thxs in advance

Thxs in advance

I have problems syncing with Vista, the phone does not show up on itunes, but it works fine on Xp. Does anyone have a solution for vista

I have problem syncsing my contacts, everything else syncs fine .. should I copy and run the .sh file? =(

I updated last night. After about 40 minutes, I got the "Running out of space" message." I figured this was a good sign because I knew that the download had finished. I waited 10-15 minutes and did a hard reset. It stayed on the apple screen for a few minutes and then the springboard showed up with the new message about re-arranging the icons. Works perfectly for me so far!

I have problems syncing with Vista, the phone does not show up on vista. It works fine with xp. Does anyone have a solution for Vista 32 bit

I have problem syncsing my contacts, everything else syncs fine .. should I copy and run the .sh file? =(

ssh is not working for me neither ...

Default Need Installer.app 3.0B10
    the upgrade to 1.1.3 went relatively smoothly for me. However, I ran into the Installer.app crashing problem after I installed a few apps. Not remembering that this sort of problem was caused by running out of memory I tried to update the Installer.app. Unfortunately, Installer crashed as it was updating itself. After this, Installer.app would refuse to run. I tried to remedy this by copying the older 3.0B9 to the Application folder and then deleted the plists in the /var/mobile/Library/Installer path. Installer ran again but when i tried to update to B10 it would almost complete the install but end with a "main script execution failed". installing other apps also produced the same error.

Can anyone point me to a download location of Installer.app 3.0B10. Been googling for an hour but i can't find a download link for it. If that doesn't exist I would really appreciate it if someone would send 3.0B10 to me via email. Address is: [email protected]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks a bunch Dev Team! Now all we need is the Installer problem to be fixed and we'll be good to go. Thanks again for getting this out to the masses so quickly!

Its been almost 2 hours running the install script. Instead of a sandwich, it'll be full dinner. Do I need to be more patient? or is it time to shut down and see what happens?

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

If its been over 90 minutes, try a hard reset. It may have already upgraded, and just not restarted.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Garvio (2008-01-28)

Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast