Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Quote Originally Posted by shnarfin View Post
    Delete This!!!

private/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp/jb113.zip
    its 300MB!!!
    is this the 1.1.3 to delete after the jailbreak?

My upgrade to 1.1.3 seemed to go okay yesterday but ive turned my iphone on this morning and its in restore mode.

How do I get it out of restore mode or downgrade back to 1.1.1 so I can start again

My phone is a US 1.0.2 unlocked, upgraded to 1.1.1 unlocked then 1.1.2 unlocked.

just run bosstool and move the apps, or do it manually ssh into the worked for me..

You must move the Applications folder to your media partition.
    This will avoid to have the system partition completely full.
    You must ssh your iPod Touch and follow the procedure below (works also for iPhone).

Quote:
    cd /
    cp -pr Applications /var/root
    mv Applications Applications.old
    ln -s private/var/root/Applications /Applications

Now check the symbolic link
    You should see the Applications linked to private/var/root/Applications

Quote:
    cd /
    ls -la

Restart your iPod Touch, if everything is fine, you can ssh again and delete the old Applications folder in the system partition.

Quote:
    cd /
    rm -rf Applications.old

Does this keep my unlock? Or will this only work for AT & T phones?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The
    "private/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp/jb113.zip"

doesn't exist on my phone either.

I guess I'm gonna try Bigboss...

Quote Originally Posted by wlrm84 View Post
    so do you have a nice new jailbroken 1.1.3. Did you have to manually restart or did it do it on it's own
    i had to manually restart. installer crashes but only upon trying to install
    some apps....

Default after I upgraded to 1.1.3. the phone stoped ringing and...
    after I upgraded to 1.1.3. the phone stoped ringing and it doesn't show names when there's an upcoming call.
    anybody has a similar problem?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by meatwagon View Post
    just run bosstool and move the apps, or do it manually ssh into the worked for me..

You must move the Applications folder to your media partition.
    This will avoid to have the system partition completely full.
    You must ssh your iPod Touch and follow the procedure below (works also for iPhone).

Quote:
    cd /
    cp -pr Applications /var/root
    mv Applications Applications.old
    ln -s private/var/root/Applications /Applications

Now check the symbolic link
    You should see the Applications linked to private/var/root/Applications

Quote:
    cd /
    ls -la

Restart your iPod Touch, if everything is fine, you can ssh again and delete the old Applications folder in the system partition.

Quote:
    cd /
    rm -rf Applications.old
    This does indeed free some space, but iTunes still says that 276 MB is used. There must be a file (or some files) to delete, as the guide also says.

/martin

hi to all
    Upgraded last night to 1.1.3 & all seems to be working ok.
    The only problems I have is that how do I ssh into the phone now? When I upgraded to 1.1.2 & jailbroke there is the ssh install option. After running the 1.1.3 upgrade that program is not there now. Is it just a case of reinstalling services or an ssh client?
    I used fugu before but can't remember the correct port/username settings either.
    Hope someone can help.
    Also in wallpaper it says there are 32 photos but only 19 are shown, is this normal?
    Thanks to any replies..

My upgrade on both my phones went like crap when I used Nates method. Everything seemed to work ok then I tried to use the ipod... all songs that were purchansed through Itunes would not work. The player would not even engage and at times the play button would not work. I wiped both phones down to 1.0.2 and started again. My 4 gig went fine but my 8 gig had an issue when upgraded. What happend was my apps would not show up on the springboard and then I realized they were not installing. So I went back down to 1.0.2 but this time the phone would not let me back in. I would not jailbreak even after running ibrickr.

Solution: I had to go through a big mess and do a ton of research. Long story short... I had to downgrade my secpac and baseband. Once that was done I could revert back to 1.0.2 and the restore 1.1.1 and jailbreak/upgrade from there. Biggest piece of advice I can give... don't panic... do research... and don't panic.

the big problem in 1.1.3 with the dev team method seems to be to the large file 185 mb in the first partition and cause to cant install more apps. If somebody can find to locate this file and erase it it will be perfect.

wow finally n easy way to update.
    thanks team

Quote Originally Posted by mrback View Post
    hi to all
    Upgraded last night to 1.1.3 & all seems to be working ok.
    The only problems I have is that how do I ssh into the phone now? When I upgraded to 1.1.2 & jailbroke there is the ssh install option. After running the 1.1.3 upgrade that program is not there now. Is it just a case of reinstalling services or an ssh client?
    I used fugu before but can't remember the correct port/username settings either.
    Hope someone can help.
    Also in wallpaper it says there are 32 photos but only 19 are shown, is this normal?
    Thanks to any replies..
    Download "OpenSSH" from installer
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Default 1.1.3 jailbreak
    hi,

I started dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak via installer and after aproximately 17 minutes I saw apple logo on the screen, now I am waiting like 10 minutes but nothing is happening, should I restart phone manually?? or wait?

thx

Default 1.1.3 jailbreak on unlocked 1.1.2
    Hi

If my iphone is unlocked and jailbroken on 1.1.2 will this work and still keep it unlocked ??

Thanks

Bean

Default is it worth it?
    Does anyone here who has doen the upgrade from 1.1.1 actually think it's worth it?
    Loads of news on how to get there , but be nice to see opinions on how good the upgrade really is..

Personally with an unlocked working 1.1.1 in the UK on O2 I am unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    hi,

I started dev team 1.1.3 jailbreak via installer and after aproximately 17 minutes I saw apple logo on the screen, now I am waiting like 10 minutes but nothing is happening, should I restart phone manually?? or wait?

thx
    Just be patient and let it do its thing

Quote Originally Posted by livingxdead View Post
    Hi

If my iphone is unlocked and jailbroken on 1.1.2 will this work and still keep it unlocked ??

Thanks

Bean
    yes this will keep it unlocked.
    make sure and uninstall all of your 3rd party apps before you update and also make sure you have the newest update of installer and BSD Subsystem
    Last edited by ryan christopher; 2008-01-28 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Quote Originally Posted by t.storbeck View Post
    i had to manually restart. installer crashes but only upon trying to install
    some apps....
    I manually restarted too. Everything seems okay but installer crashes when I try to install some applications.
    I did Natetrue's 1.1.3 upgrade method before, everything worked perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ianhutch1 View Post
    My upgrade to 1.1.3 seemed to go okay yesterday but ive turned my iphone on this morning and its in restore mode.

How do I get it out of restore mode or downgrade back to 1.1.1 so I can start again

My phone is a US 1.0.2 unlocked, upgraded to 1.1.1 unlocked then 1.1.2 unlocked.
    Can anybody help please?

Quote Originally Posted by maz View Post
    Somebody had the same problem as me when try to upgrade by iClarified gudie wget failed when try to copy over the files from Jailbreak-1.1.3???? I use Mac and Fugu.How to come around that prob.?
    i have the exact problem. i'm using win xp pro sp2, with winscp..

anyone know how to fix it?

Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast