Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Come on, guys --- you lot figured out this upgrade/jailbreak, you knew it needed a file to be deleted --- why do we still not know where to look or what file to delete..??

We appreciate the effort and all, but if you can't use the frigging phone with third party apps because there's no ROOM, then what's the point? It's no more functional than Nate's (less so, since his can be scratch-upgraded from 1.1.1 with baseband and then the installer removal is available IN THE INSTALLER).

As it is, I wasted the entire evening on this. Not cool.

Does this method clean out that 185 MB restore file it downloads?
    -No. You'll need to delete it still once you get to 1.1.3.

i cant beleive i just spend 45 mins reading this entire thread and still for $*#&ing answer, uggg, sooo annoying...

Contacts don't show up. sync'd several times, seems in the capacity bar but no show on list. installer crashes when installing more then a few apps and some apps that work on nat true version didn't on this version, like SMSD. and where is that 185MB file?

Hello. I have Nate's method and EDGE settings do not work. I go back to home screen every time I try to enter my settings. Is there a way to fix it ?

Thank you for replying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default quick question
    Hey all,

have a 1.1.2 otb which is 'unlocked' via next sim.
    Can I still use this 1.1.3 jailbreak etc to get things happening?
    will i lose all my apps?
    thx.
    Unable to restore signature. Error (1015)

same problem on me, contacts bookmark dont sync, some apps crashes in installer

chiming in to say im looking for that file to delete as well.

the odd thing is i ran a "find / -size +1000000 -print" and it turned up nothing at all.

I suppose its possible the attributes are weird and my search overlooked it, but I'm going to sleep anyway so I can't check.

Someone may want to try and play with that find command and have it look around for a large file. (that is unless its many small files, which I'm afraid it may be)

I too would love to find the location of the update files. But I may have a larger problem. Everything works just fine in my 1.1.3 DevTeam soft jailbreak but when I open iTunes it says my software version is still 1.1.2. Is this due to the fact that the baseband was not upgraded with the soft jailbreak or is iTunes not reading something right. If that's the case is there anyway i can change it. I have already checked the systemversion.plist and that says 1.1.3. Anyhelp would be appreciated.

Nevermind...I opened iTunes for the 20th time since jailbreaking and it finally says I have 1.1.3.....But I still don't know how to delete the update files.
    Last edited by wlrm84; 2008-01-28 at 10:30 AM.

I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 ipod touch and I dont have enough room on my root partition to install the 1.1.3 jailbreak. How do I clear enough room to do the jailbreak. and I have used boss tool to patch over the apps and fonts but still only have 129mb left on /.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I used winscp and the only file in "/" that was a considerable size was "/system"

idk

Can we get rid of the stupid limit of maybe even use bigboss or something?
    Will that mess up compatibility with SDK apps in the future?

It would be great if someone could just tell us where the file is though, considering he states we have to delete it in the first post!

I've wasted so much time on this crap to end up at a dead end, this is just great!

didnt mean to post this one sorry
    Last edited by zackymcharvest; 2008-01-28 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

mine has been running for over an hour now... anyone got any suggestions please? it says in the background that the disk space is low.... please help

I hate to say this... how do i use winscp?

I hate to say this... how do i use winscp to access my ipod and I would also like to know if using bosstool will keep the sdk stuff from working
    Last edited by zackymcharvest; 2008-01-28 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I got the low on space message too during my jailbreak. I just let it do its thing and 20min later I had 1.1.3. Some people took up to 60 min for their phone to jailbreak. Let it go another 15 or so and if the phone does not restart you may gave to restart your phone manually by holding down the sleep/wake button. Hopefully when it restart you will either have 1.1.3 jailbroken or back where you started in which case try the jailbreak again. If you end up with a messed up phone, you will have to restore to 1.1.1 or older and start all over again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wlrm84 For This Useful Post:

t.storbeck (2008-01-28)

can anyone help? I don't want a $400 brick. The update/jailbreak has frozen. It says low disk space and has been running over about two hours now. someone please help!

Quote Originally Posted by wlrm84 View Post
    I got the low on space message too during my jailbreak. I just let it do its thing and 20min later I had 1.1.3. Some people took up to 60 min for their phone to jailbreak. Let it go another 15 or so and if the phone does not restart you may gave to restart your phone manually by holding down the sleep/wake button. Hopefully when it restart you will either have 1.1.3 jailbroken or back where you started in which case try the jailbreak again. If you end up with a messed up phone, you will have to restore to 1.1.1 or older and start all over again.
    thanks a lot!
    whew! it's all good. damn that scared me.
    Last edited by t.storbeck; 2008-01-28 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so do you have a nice new jailbroken 1.1.3. Did you have to manually restart or did it do it on it's own

Delete This!!!

private/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp/jb113.zip
    its 300MB!!!

my connection speed is only 256kbps.... its been 2hrs and still my phone is running install script and telling me to have a sandwitch.... what should i do now... please can anybody help?

seems like this method has the same kinks as Nate's

well im happy with my 1.1.3

ive got it all working fine
    The Future of Mobile

http://www.mobitureblog.com

Quote Originally Posted by shnarfin View Post
    Delete This!!!

private/var/mobile/Library/Installer/Temp/jb113.zip
    its 300MB!!!
    This does not exist on my phone after jailbreak.

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast