Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

I did the whole process from an ipod touch jailbroken at 1.1.2... no warnings, no error messages but at the end it got upgraded to 1.1.3 but Installer is nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by vt.huong View Post
    You guys do an awesome job for my phone. Thanks you so much.

But can i ask you guys a question:Where can i find the 185 Mb restore ????
    YES PLEASE? We NEED the name/loc of this file!

I probably wasn't clear with this. I think that the downloaded file is "/private/var/restore.zip". This is listed in the results of the manual 1.1.3 jailbreak script.

Quote Originally Posted by neondragon View Post
    I think it's /private/var/restore.zip

For everyone wondering where that 185Mb file is.

I'm pretty sure that file is deleted when the jailbreak is complete. I think that 185Mb is just the iPhone's files. I could be wrong, however, when I was on 1.1.3 stock there was still like 189Mb of other showing in iTunes

So I decided to jailbreak my girlfriend's iphone for her. She was on jailbroken 1.1.2. I used the DEV team method, updated BSD and installer before proceeding and plugged into itunes. It updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken but here is the kicker..

After installing a few apps, installer would no longer install apps. It would say "installing package" then just crash back to springboard.

So I figured Id do a soft reset and see what happens..

Held the power and home buttons, as soon I got the apple logo I let go as to not put it into recovery mode...however, IT DID GO INTO RECOVERY mode and so I had to restore and now she is 1.1.3 JAILED.

I also have a jailbroken 1.1.2 iphone, and whenever something has gone wrong or frozen I always soft reset and everything is fine. Apparently you can never soft reset on jailbroken 1.1.3 or your screwed. Im curious if anyone else noticed this installer problem and this soft reset problem.

Needless to say I won't be upgrading mine to 1.1.3 this jailbreak is just too unstable. If it aint broke, don't fix it I guess.
    Last edited by sailorguido; 2008-01-28 at 08:07 AM.

ok, so ive been trying to install various apps without much success. Installer will download and start the install and just as it is about to finish it will crash back to the homescreen. Oddly one time while installing beatphone the app icon showed up after the crash but it was not operable. I did manage to install finder and tried to delete the app that way without success. I then ssh into the phone and to my suprise not only the beatphone app was in the directory but also all the other apps I was attempting to install but failed had folders there also.....wierd. I was able to delete them with winscp after reboot no trouble. I guess the apps need some tweaking for 1.1.3, or maybe installer needs the tweaking. Anyone see a list of working apps on 1.1.3 yet?
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    ok, so ive been trying to install various apps without much success. Installer will download and start the install and just as it is about to finish it will crash back to the homescreen. Oddly one time while installing beatphone the app icon showed up after the crash but it was not operable. I did manage to install finder and tried to delete the app that way without success. I then ssh into the phone and to my suprise not only the beatphone app was in the directory but also all the other apps I was attempting to install but failed had folders there also.....wierd. I was able to delete them with winscp after reboot no trouble. I guess the apps need some tweaking for 1.1.3, or maybe installer needs the tweaking. Anyone see a list of working apps on 1.1.3 yet?
    Yup same problem I posted right before you. Looks like I wasnt the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by neondragon View Post
    I probably wasn't clear with this. I think that the downloaded file is "/private/var/restore.zip". This is listed in the results of the manual 1.1.3 jailbreak script.
    In iBrickr, there's no such file visible.

I have 4MB free out of 266MB - there's definitely something needing to be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post

So I figured Id do a soft reset and see what happens..

Held the power and home buttons, as so I got the apple logo I let go as to not put it into recovery mode...however, IT DID GO INTO RECOVERY mode and so I had to restore and now she is 1.1.3 JAILED.

I also have a jailbroken 1.1.2, and whenever something has gone wrong or frozen I always soft reset and everything is fine. Apparently you can never soft reset on jailbroken 1.1.3 or your screwed. Im curious if anyone else noticed this installer problem and this soft reset problem.
    Holding those two buttons is a hard reset........holding them a long time puts you into restore mode, on every firmware. a soft shutdown is holding only the sleep button and sliding the power slider. Holding them again to do the hard reset usually will bring you back out of recovery
    Last edited by jwaschbisch; 2008-01-28 at 08:14 AM.
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

Somebody had the same problem as me when try to upgrade by iClarified gudie “wget” failed when try to copy over the files from Jailbreak-1.1.3???? I use Mac and Fugu.How to come around that prob.?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pixelator View Post

I have 4MB free out of 266MB - there's definitely something needing to be deleted.
    Same deal, that file doesn't exist...

Thanks

Yep, that file doesn't exist.

Please try again...

I would really like to install some programs on my phone!

wow.....wow......wow.....you guys are the best!!!!!!

Thanks

Yep, that file doesn't exist.

Please try again...

I would really like to install some programs on my phone!

looks like the best way to do it is by upgrading to stock 1.1.3 FW, then downgrading to 1.1.1, braking all the way up to Nate's 1.1.3 break.

it ensures proper working of Maps and everything else too.

Those who have yet to do this might want to try that approach. It was well worth the 2 hours.

Default same
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    Yup same problem I posted right before you. Looks like I wasnt the only one.
    me too. The idiotic thing I did tho was to into installer and try to reinstall installer itself. Before it finished it kicked me out and now I can't go back into installer anymore. I have a useless icon. I wonder if I can find the installer.app files and ash them over the old files to fix it...

Well i did it again first was natetrues then this way but at the end i had no service so i had to put in a lockdown file in and now it works. but i had a little proplem with windows contact it seems that if i put a picture for a contact and sync it with my phone and look at it on my phone my phone freezes then reboots then give me that connect to itune screen. thats the only thing is for me anyways.

Somebody had the same problem as me when try to upgrade by iClarified gudie “wget” failed when try to copy over the files from Jailbreak-1.1.3???? I use Mac and Fugu.How to come around that prob.?

Green Apple
    Thanks

got 1.1.3 jailbroken
    living in Siwtzerland with Unlocked Phone

Locate Me works Brilliant!!!!!!!
    iPhone 4 16GB 4.2.1 / iPhone 3GS 32GB 4.0.1 / iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.3 / iPhone 2G 16GB 1.1.4

MacBook Air 11'6" / Hackintosh i7 Snow Leopard

how do i run the syncfix.sh file? i uploaded it thru cyberduck to the correct location but terminal still wont let me run anything on my phone . i get as far as typing the # then it closes the connection and give me an error message

Page 14 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast