Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

I know a post that starts with "sorry if this is a stupid question" will be immediately ignored... so now that I have prefaced with something else let me ask my stupid question: Where is the BSD subsystem in installer, or what source does it come from because i looked under all aps and I can't find it. how do I upgrade it. thanks!
    oh! and i was still wondering if I can use the dev teams 1.1.3 jailbreak method on a phone that has never been upgraded to 1.1.3. (is the baseband worked out)

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    So now what do I do? Where do I start? I really need to get my phone back for work. If I connect my phone to iTunes will it screw things up or will it just put me into 1.13 without the jailbreak? I can deal with it not being jailbroken for a day until I have time to jailbreak it again... suggestions?

Ok i'm on a 1.1.2 working jailbroken iTouch. I read the front page, clafified everything and proceded to install the 1.1.3 fix jailbreak. I used the package released under the contact of "Apple" and waited about 30 mins, the thing never told me have a sandwich. After 30 mins it rebooted and it still said "slide me nigga" as my unlock string so I slid and unlocked and eargerly tested the "wiggle" and it didn't work. All my 3rd party apps still there. Cheched in settings and it's still 1.1.2? Btw my iTouch was connected to a charger but not a comp. Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

since very few people seem to be reading/researching before they post I will provide some simple 1.1.3 jailbreak instructions.

1. Wait 1-2 weeks for all the problems to be ironed out, then upgrade. By then any question you could possibly have will have been answered.
    2. Until then... read, read, READ!!!!
    3. Now read some more
    4. If you are comfortable with the process and you a link to a good FAQ about problems/solutions then upgrade.

I can't feel sorry for people who jump into a fire without realizing the potential to get burned... then whine and ask the same question that's been answered 1000 times already pleading for help. By the time I decide to upgrade everything will be fixed and my download time will only be 10 minutes. Just wait.

has anyone found out where the 185 mb file is located??? i cant install any of my apps with it still on my fone....

Default grrrrr
    has anyone found out where the 185 mb file is located??? i cant install any of my apps with it still on my fone....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

since very few people seem to be reading/researching before they post I will provide some simple 1.1.3 jailbreak instructions.

1. Wait 1-2 weeks for all the problems to be ironed out, then upgrade. By then any question you could possibly have will have been answered.
    2. Until then... read, read, READ!!!!
    3. Now read some more
    4. If you are comfortable with the process and you a link to a good FAQ about problems/solutions then upgrade.

I can't feel sorry for people who jump into a fire without realizing the potential to get burned... then whine and ask the same question that's been answered 1000 times already pleading for help. By the time I decide to upgrade everything will be fixed and my download time will only be 10 minutes. Just wait.

Download time 10 mins? The download time will probably stay relatively close to it's original, since it has to download a new framework, which takes an alright connection 15-20 mins to download it off iTunes. You obviously did no research toward that comment and then I only can assume that applies to the rest off the post. Really, they're might be a couple off bugs but most likely nothing that's break your iPhone/Touch completely.

I know a post that starts with "sorry if this is a stupid question" will be immediately ignored... so now that I have prefaced with something else let me ask my stupid question: Where is the BSD subsystem in installer, or what source does it come from because i looked under all aps and I can't find it. how do I upgrade it. thanks!
    oh! and i was still wondering if I can use the dev teams 1.1.3 jailbreak method on a phone that has never been upgraded to 1.1.3. (is the baseband worked out)
    nevermind about the BSD subsystem... figured it out.

still wanting to know if the dev teams 1.1.3 jailbreak requires you to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then downgrade back to 1.1.2 to fix the baseband issue that NateTrue had.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
    So now what do I do? Where do I start? I really need to get my phone back for work. If I connect my phone to iTunes will it screw things up or will it just put me into 1.13 without the jailbreak? I can deal with it not being jailbroken for a day until I have time to jailbreak it again... suggestions?
    Read the complete guide over here. If you follow directions and read the other notes, understand them, and THEN jailbreak your iPhone to 1.1.3, you are set.

Quote Originally Posted by elle49 View Post
    nevermind about the BSD subsystem... figured it out.

still wanting to know if the dev teams 1.1.3 jailbreak requires you to upgrade to 1.1.3 and then downgrade back to 1.1.2 to fix the baseband issue that NateTrue had.
    Dude, you DO NOT have to be at 1.13 at ANY time before doing this upgrade method.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrt2 For This Useful Post:

elle49 (2008-01-28)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

The installer is taking a long time its already been 30 min, and still at 80%...

Its been 40 Min, and still at 80% with nothing changing, hopefully something will happen soon...

Its been 1 hour! is there something wrong? please some one help!!

it works finally =D
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-01-28 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
    Dude, you DO NOT have to be at 1.13 at ANY time before doing this upgrade method.
    thank you.

Thanks

Well, i love the fact that i have 1.1.3 jailbroken now!!

But i can't install apps because i don't know where this 185mb file is.

Someone please let me know how to delete it.

Hi everyone! I'm on my third try with this. I completed the first two tries with the Installer package, and the third manually. Basically everything seems to go well, and then the phone reboots. It will sit at the Apple screen for about 10 minutes and then reboot again. This continues over and over. I am able to get into restore mode and downgrade back to 1.1.1 and then to 1.1.2 without a problem. I've let the phone sit like this for about an hour. Am I just not being patient enough? When I ran the script manually through SSH, I did see one difference between the screenshots in the instructions and my Terminal output. After the line "Archive successfully decompressed as /private/var/disk0s1.dd" I get "mount_hfs: Resource busy".

I'm not sure why this would happen after three fresh restores, same thing everytime. I did try going into restore mode and then launching independance.... no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll probably go back to 1.1.2 so I can get to sleep and still have a working phone for tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Osiris0290
    I feel like this question is being exhausted. I've searched the thread high and low, but not one person has yet revealed the location of the 185 MB installation file. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Osiris0290; 2008-01-28 at 07:20 AM.

On my iphone this method did not work. did it twice and both the times after like 40 mins it rebooted and just stayed on with the apple sign for like another 30 mins just going on and of every 15 mins. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong or have had the same problem and fixed it

spec
    4gb
    1.1.2 unlocked and jail broken
    T-MOBILE

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris0290 View Post
    I feel like this question is being exhausted. I've searched the thread high and low, but not one person has yet to reveal the location of the 185 MB installation file. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    I want to know the exact same question!!!!

Please......anyone?......eh?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris0290 View Post
    I feel like this question is being exhausted. I've searched the thread high and low, but not one person has yet to reveal the location of the 185 MB installation file. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I agree!

I've also searched all over the site and I can't turn up anything. There's not much of a point to having a jailbroken phone when i cna't use installer to install anything.

Please help!!!

I think it's /private/var/restore.zip

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast