Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Use Installer to Jailbreak 1.1.3 - MMi Installer Repo

Please someone post how to delete the 185mb file that was installed for the upgrade. Everyone is asking and needing to know

yea im pretty pissed i did this update. i lost all my 3rd party apps, most of the ones i had i uninstalled, and now theyve disappeared from installer. i really only did the update because my maps application wasnt working before, and i didnt think my phone would be this useless (because i have no 3rd party apps working currently) hopefully someone fixes all this.

Quote Originally Posted by iChopPryde View Post
    ok maybe someone can help me, I got 113 installed and its all working great except when I started to reinstall my apps from installer it would only let me install 5 apps then after then any other apps i try to install installer will crash!
    Did you update installer before the jailbreak? The installer update has a fix to work with the new file system on 1.1.3 and you need bsd subsystem 2.0
    I can't wait until the day after yesterday's tomorrow.

All was working fine. Then I restarted my phone and now it is stuck in recovery mode! I can't kick it out. I tried running iNdependence but then it would put it into a restarting seizure. What do you guys suggest I do? Can I kick it out of recovery mode?

Cheers!

DeanCorp

can u guys make 1 of these 4 da iPod Touch? that wood b real helpful, cuz i've been waiting for 3 hours now with iPod plugged in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with everything ready..... i am on 112, i have BSD Subsystem 2.0 installed and I have the newest installer 3.(something)b10wut can i do? it's waiting on the
    Running install Script - have a sandwich. and it's about this far done:
    (||||||||||||||||||||||||||| )

iPhone? More like MyPhone shadow_cruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

@poetic or cash

Is this the updated Jailbreak which includes the syncfix?. Please look here if you haven't seen it.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25837

yes i know how long it will take.. but it doesnt matter if it doesnt download the update from apple and just skips past that part.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

so its been allmost 2 hours and still say :have a sandwich:

?????????
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorp View Post
    All was working fine. Then I restarted my phone and now it is stuck in recovery mode! I can't kick it out. I tried running iNdependence but then it would put it into a restarting seizure. What do you guys suggest I do? Can I kick it out of recovery mode?

Cheers!

DeanCorp
    Load up iBrickr 0.91 and click boot phone, screen should turn red... your good
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorp View Post

Cheers!

DeanCorp
    Load up iBrickr 0.91 and click boot phone, screen should turn red... your good
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.

i have read and it happened for me, that it went well over an hour the first time and when i forced it to reboot, boom it worked. Others i have read said that this caused them to have to start over.

I dont know what to say, I dont want to be the one blamed for you starting back at square one.

while im here, anyone know where the 185mb file is stored so it can be deleted.

Ok it's been over an hour and still waiting at the installing/eat a sandwich screen... I'm getting really worried, I can't loose my phone or my contacts... Any words of encouragement?

I got a text message during install, and it said get a sandwitch for an hour. I force restarted it and it worked. Hmmm...?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    [SIZE="3"]Digg It![*]Does this method clean out that 185 MB restore file it downloads? No. You'll need to delete it still once you get to 1.1.3. [/LIST]
    You guys do an awesome job for my phone. Thanks you so much.

But can i ask you guys a question:Where can i find the 185 Mb restore ????

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe so I have subsystem 2.0 and I Have installer version 3.0b10 would that be the right one? If so any other ideas why this isnt working?

Thanks

I believe so I have subsystem 2.0 and I Have installer version 3.0b10 would that be the right one? If so any other ideas why this isnt working?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwaschbisch View Post
    Did you update installer before the jailbreak? The installer update has a fix to work with the new file system on 1.1.3 and you need bsd subsystem 2.0

Thanks

Last edited by iChopPryde; 2008-01-28 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    does anyone no if customize and summerboard work plz answer thnx

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stler View Post
    does anyone no if customize and summerboard work plz answer thnx
    Did you actually read the very 1st post of this thread??

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast