Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

now im stuck in recovery mode :S

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    I think... need uninstall all 3-th part apps to get free space for encription, but if you have installed boss tools - i don't cnow jet just see in minutes - i post reply for this
    Ok folks, i got it - all working iBrick work like charm (i go to make tutorial)
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by iNano View Post
    I have successfully upgraded to a jailbreaked 1.1.3 from a jailbreaked 1.1.2 All my ipod songs have remained as well as my settings except that all the 3rd party apps that I had installed are not visible on the springboard. However, when i open up Installer, i have them installed. Also, SSH does NOT want to work. Any ideas?
    im pretty much in your same exact place..

i feel if i was able to access my iphones directory i could find my old apps and move them to the proper place..

also because my iphone is a 1.1.2 OTB i cant upgrage to legit 1.1.3 and then downgrade.. the downgrade processes i saw says i need a 1.1.1otb or earlier iphone. :/

im thinking of just restoring back to 1.1.1 then back to the 1.1.2 jailbroken..but ima wait for more details

Does Customize work at least?

Question It works! But what's the point?
    It works!!

My question now is: Why the hell did we wanted to jailbreak the phone when 90% of the apps don't work for the new 1.1.3?!

Hmmm....

Later,
    RaMod
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

Default no app!!
    theres no 1.1.3 app inside of installer wheres it at?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All these posts about 3rd party app problems on 1.1.3 is further evidence that the dev team is actually harming things more than helping them. By holding the jailbreak to themselves they are preventing 3rd party app development from happing past 1.1.2....

Does anyone know where itunes places the Firmware updates after it downloads them.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    All these posts about 3rd party app problems on 1.1.3 is further evidence that the dev team is actually harming things more than helping them. By holding the jailbreak to themselves they are preventing 3rd party app development from happing past 1.1.2....
    Yup, as awesome as the dev team is, they shot themselves in the foot with this one.

I reiterate, what Nate is doing with this jailbreak is no different than exploiting current iPhone flaws, the only difference is that you're downloading a file and modding it yourself rather than have an app do it for you.

Ok Guys. I own a 1.1.2 OTB Iphone. I upgraded to 1.1.3 and it has mix results. One is, I have stealthsim and T-mobil. Both of them works. The updated 1.1.3 apps seem to work. I lost all of the old apps, but it shows up in Installer (In the Uninstall section)

I try to uninstall the app, (Summerboard) but I get a message (Main Script execution failed!)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I can confirm! It worked like a charm. <3 Dev team
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

eh well igot my iphone stuck on recoverymode and i cant RESTORE :S

Quote Originally Posted by mariomejias View Post
    i cant find the "1.1.3 soft upgrade" on my installer......
    do i need to add a source?
    if so, which one?
    1.1.3 soft upgrade

Press to select System from the list of Categories

i think its there

how do you get openSSH installed now? it does not work, mobilefinder doesn't seem to be able to copy things to applications anymore, and installer thinks it's already installed.

also, maps can't seem to locate me? anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by brettt; 2008-01-25 at 01:19 AM. Reason: added more.

deleted
    Last edited by tonydeli7; 2008-01-25 at 01:26 AM.

TO PEOPLE GOING THROUGH WITH THE JAILBREAK

1.1.3 changes where and how apps are handled. You should restore or uninstall apps before jailbreaking to avoid any problems.

In fact, 99% of problems can be fixed with a restore and a clean jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by riku98523 View Post
    Does anyone know where itunes places the Firmware updates after it downloads them.
    i don't know where windows saves it, but on mac it saves it in "/Users/USER/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates" so for you it is probably whatever the users section is and then itunes or something like your documents and settings folder or perhaps it just saves it in the c:applications>itunes folder.... hope this helps

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Uninstall mobilefinder, and install again. Use it and delete LocalPackages.plist in private/var/root/Library/Installer/

Reinstall BSD subsystem, and OpenSSH and so on.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xtc85 For This Useful Post:

mad102190 (2008-01-25), maXimus (2008-01-25)

I think ima just roll back to 1.1.2

customize doesnt even work :/
    and i cant get the full features of googlemaps

Quote Originally Posted by xxkodemanxx View Post
    I think ima just roll back to 1.1.2

customize doesnt even work :/
    and i cant get the full features of googlemaps
    Are you unlocked?

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast