Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

some has anyonee test out any of the main apps on it yet?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aaauustiinnn For This Useful Post:

dagrimdialer619 (2008-01-27)

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    I don't get it.

If NO third party apps work with 1.13 why is everyone is such a hurry to upgrade?
    if the google maps locate feature worked then i would do it.... but since it doesnt (at least thats what im reading from these posts) then i see no point in upgrading until the locate feature works w/jailbreak and maybe a few apps.....

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    yeaaa hoo caresss as long as trhere is a jailbreak screw u
    Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    it dosent even work
    You two need to learn how to type and use your shift key. Your rampart disregard of basic grammar rules is just offensive at this point.

I went through ibrickr...success....i installed the 1.13 soft upgrade through installer, hung for a bit, restarted and now it it see the usb plug pointing at the itunes logo and itunes is saying the phone is in restore mode and must be restored....sigh....

And when I restore in iTunes, it is saying 1.13 is going to be installed...no other option....
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 2008-01-25 at 12:37 AM.

Sweet, gonna try now.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    They will be coming soon for 1.1.3 soon...
    That's the point. They're not out now.

And with all of the hundreds of apps and all of the various developers who's to say which apps. will be made ready for 1.13 and when? Certainly not all at the same time.

For me it's just not worth it until I know EVERY app. I use will work. Otherwise you might as well just upgrade without jailbreaking - which is basically what this does - since you can't use any apps. now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyMan View Post
    if the google maps locate feature worked then i would do it.... but since it doesnt (at least thats what im reading from these posts) then i see no point in upgrading until the locate feature works w/jailbreak and maybe a few apps.....
    If you are unlocked, it won't work. If you are using AT&T, you can upgrade to 1.1.3 before going through the jailbreak process and google locate me WILL work.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2008-01-25 at 12:38 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You two need to learn how to type and use your shift key. Your rampart disregard of basic grammar rules is just offensive at this point.

Sorry Happy Noodle Boy

only problem im running into is that I wanna look into my iphone directories...but it wont connect through winSCP

i think its because my SSH is in a different place?
    hmm

this nate true thingy totally worked, however it never rebooted my iphone so i just waited like a half hour to be sure the installation was complete then i manually rebooted, i was operationg on a 1.1.2 jailbroken (of course) and everything is cool!!!! so go update NOW lol!

1.1.3 soft upgrade is not showing up in my installer I've already tired refreshing sorces ]

Update appeared in installer.
    Last edited by snowskater; 2008-01-25 at 12:50 AM. Reason: problem sloved

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Exactly....why the hurry....if you want a stock phone with no apps then just upgrade to 1.1.3 via iTunes.

I don't get it.

If NO third party apps work with 1.13 why is everyone is such a hurry to upgrade?

If you are unlocked, it won'r work. If you are using AT&T, you can upgrade to 1.1.3 before going through the jailbreak process and google locate me WILL work.
    What i dont understand is that I thought this process calls for a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone or a 1.1.1 or whatever..

i thought the ibriker wont work on a upgraded 1.1.3 phone..your saying it will?

try using iPhoneBrowser .. it may work
    Last edited by My_Name_Is_Neo; 2008-01-25 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    Sorry Happy Noodle Boy
    It's all good Sorry if I snap like that sometimes, I just really think people should put a tiny bit of effort in their posts. After all, hundreds if not thousands of people are going to be reading this tread to answer questions and see how the process is going through with other people.

Let the jailbreaking shenanigans continue!

I was totally ready for this but after reading thru this thread im gunna stick to my relaible 1.1.2 and all its working apps, i dont think nate or whoever released this app before time is too blame it should have never hung this long anyways... but if this 1.1.3 jailbreak aint really 1.1.3 and jailbreak whats the point????

Think about it?

bring on the SDK ffs !!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to B1naryBand1t For This Useful Post:

steve.o.969 (2008-01-25)

Quote Originally Posted by xxkodemanxx View Post
    What i dont understand is that I thought this process calls for a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone or a 1.1.1 or whatever..

i thought the ibriker wont work on a upgraded 1.1.3 phone..your saying it will?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. ibrickr will not work with a 1.1.3 phone, however once you upgrade to 1.1.3 you can downgrade (I don't have a link of a guide to do this but its somewhere on tuaw) and then you can go through the jailbreak process.

Wow.

Perhaps another reason NOT to do it yet.
    Agreed! Had it done but now downgrading back to 1.1.2. I'll wait for an official release and support the dev team!

Do the movie rentals in itunes work with this?

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. ibrickr will not work with a 1.1.3 phone, however once you upgrade to 1.1.3 you can downgrade (I don't have a link of a guide to do this but its somewhere on tuaw) and then you can go through the jailbreak process.

oooh ok that makes sense.

so the question is that is there a way i can take myself back to 1.1.2

then to 1.1.3

then back down to 1.1.2

then to this jailbroken 1.1.3 lol

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast