Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    If i downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, i've read that i cannot use my iphone as a phone? is this true? I cant have that happen.
    Just import the lockdownd file and your phone will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    can someone direct me where I can get 7.5????? or a link would be great
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....nes75Setup.exe

but you dont really need it 7.6 works just fine

I thought something was fishy about NateTrue making this release after the Dev-Team specifically had said that they were not going to make a 1.1.3 jailbreak available to the public until after the SDK is released in February. Well, this is another nice black eye on the scene. I for one will be waiting for the real Dev-Team jailbreak. Patience usually pays off with these things...

Quote Originally Posted by s1ck View Post
    i dont want to spoil all the 1.1.3 jailbreak fun but i have some bad news. i myself jailbroke my 1.1.3 and enjoyed it for approximately a half a day (even though "locate me" feature didnt work for me) when i found out this:

"NateTrue has recently leaked a v1.1.3 Jailbreak without the Dev-Team's permission, getting himself kicked off the team. Against our wishes, he's included both files belonging to Apple and patches which contain copyrighted information by Apple, making his personal release illegal and unethical. This is directly contrary to the spirit of true hacking, honorable competition, and sharing of knowledge. He's a disgrace to developers everywhere. I'd like to strongly advise against using his system for upgrading, and make it known that the rest of the dev team does not support software piracy or copyright infringement. The method the Dev Team was/is planning on releasing allows you to perform the jailbreak without violating federal law."

Source: http://www.zdziarski.com/

this jailbreak is NOT official and is/will not be supported or encouraged by the dev team. plus the jailbreak appears to create a whole bunch of issues (it depends on how well it worked but most users have at least 1 1.1.3 feature not working). im downgrading back to 1.1.2 ATM to wait for an officialand not glitchy jailbreak by the dev team. you should too.
    hey i screwed up and upgraded, can u hook me up with a link on how to go back to 1.1.2 jailbreak? Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by McCarron View Post
    I did that, just now my SIM is not activated. Trying to find how to fix this. Any ideas everyone?
    you're not using one of the unofficial cell carriers are you? If not, iTunes should automatically recognize the phone...perhaps do a restore...and the phone should be working.

Question if this hasnt been asked already
    ok so if the items are stored in the mobile instead of the var/root as a person who makes packages should i change it to that path (var/mobile)??
    JayJaythemac

Does this work on a iTouch? =p

This is too complicated for me to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 then jailbreak, then update to 1.1.3 without messing anything up. Im just guna have to wait til something more error proof comes out. Im just too confused! :/

Quote Originally Posted by jmjmoz View Post
    hey i screwed up and upgraded, can u hook me up with a link on how to go back to 1.1.2 jailbreak? Thnx
    i used the same downgrade process that i used for downgrading apple's official 1.1.3.

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Dow...1.1.3_to_1.1.1

Does this work on a iTouch? =p
    Will it delete all my applications or anything?
    (Running 1.1.2 jailbroken)

When is hacking ever ethical? You install any hacked software with risks, so if you dicided (like me) to perform this hack then dont complain about things not working! I am perfectly happy with the results I got from this upgrade. My google maps locate function is working and that is really the only reason (aside from bookmarks on the home screen) to upgrade.
    I don't think natetrue did anything wrong by releasing something he probably helped to create.
    Lets be civil here, if you don't know what the heck you are doing, read! read! read! before performing anything on your very expensive phone. If you see that there are to many problems with this upgrade, Don't Do It!

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Why dont you try reading before posting?

yes it does work on touch and yes it will kill all your apps but installer will still "see" them as installed so ur better off deleting everything manually

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    When is hacking ever ethical? You install any hacked software with risks, so if you dicided (like me) to perform this hack then dont complain about things not working! I am perfectly happy with the results I got from this upgrade. My google maps locate function is working and that is really the only reason (aside from bookmarks on the home screen) to upgrade.
    I don't think natetrue did anything wrong by releasing something he probably helped to create.
    Lets be civil here, if you don't know what the heck you are doing, read! read! read! before performing anything on your very expensive phone. If you see that there are to many problems with this upgrade, Don't Do It!

Just my 2 cents.
    dude, first of all dEcided is spelled with an E, not an I

hacking is not unethical if you arent stealing any intellectual property (what nate did, with all my respect to his hacking skills) and just trying to expand the capabilities of a certain device (what the dev team is doing)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post

Just my 2 cents.
    dude, first of all dEcided is spelled with an E, not an I

hacking is not unethical if you arent stealing any intellectual property (what nate did, with all my respect to his hacking skills) and just trying to expand the capabilities of a certain device (what the dev team is doing)

First of all why are you double posting, and oops I myspelid a word?

Why does this website take so long to load?

I am not going to start an argument here as I don't know the details, but I think more people are excited to have at least something to play with, thats what makes the iphone so exciting. As you can clearly see from the 50 pages of posts.
    Mono_frio

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry my friend, but excuse my stupidity again, but u lost me with the text in the quoted area below:

"snag this lockdownd from http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd, SSH into your phone and stick it in /usr/libexec. Reboot your phone and sync it with iTunes once."

I understand that I should download the rapidshare file, but sticking it in my "/usr/libexec" well thats speaking horse language to a polecat! LOL! Could you elaborate on just how to snag that to my phone and sticking it in my "/usr/libexec" ?

I understand everything else; and again I think you for your understanding, about my stupidity; and yes, I do have an AT&T phone.

Thanks Man!

Chris

ok I have a question I am about to upgrade to 1.1.3 but I was thinking that if I install the 1.1.3 firmware from apple then downgrade to 1.1.2 and do the 1.1.3 jail brake method my google maps and every thing will run more smooth because my base band is now updated to the newest basebase that 1.1.3 is supose to be runing on can someone please comfirm that would be the best why to update to 1.1.3 then downgrade to 1.1.2 and run the 1.1.3 jail brake method with ibrickr please someone comfirm if this is a good method to use ?

deleted
    Last edited by Kelvin; 2008-01-25 at 10:00 PM.
    Mono_frio

Help
    can anyone tell me if using the 1.1.3. jailbreak will it get rid of my sim unlock
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Sorry my friend, but excuse my stupidity again, but u lost me with the text in the quoted area below:

"snag this lockdownd from http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd, SSH into your phone and stick it in /usr/libexec. Reboot your phone and sync it with iTunes once."

I understand that I should download the rapidshare file, but sticking it in my "/usr/libexec" well thats speaking horse language to a polecat! LOL! Could you elaborate on just how to snag that to my phone and sticking it in my "/usr/libexec" ?

I understand everything else; and again I think you for your understanding, about my stupidity; and yes, I do have an AT&T phone.

Thanks Man!

Chris
    this works perfect. only thing that doesnt work is edge. i'm in the usa, on att. when i try to download the edgefix 1.1.3 from the installer, it says Package download failed.
    Last edited by Asar; 2008-01-25 at 10:13 PM.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast