Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

In order to get programs working after install I simply went into installer and uninstalled everything and than reinstalling again. The only problem I have right now is the summerboard will not uninstall and I can't find the app to launch it, I guess I will have to ssh into the phone to remove manually.
    Can anyone comment on whether its safe to remove the upgrade files from the phone?
    Also to note... the trick of installing Locateme using it once than uninstalling worked great to get Google maps Locate to work.

Other than this everything is working great, great job guys!

Mono_frio

I'm a AT&T customer. I had my jailbroken with 1.1.2. I had upgraded to 1.1.3 right when it came out not knowing i would lose the jailbreak.

Can i jailbreak my 1.1.3 software AND having all the working features? thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Default Help with 1.1.3
    I did the 1.1.3 update and now my iphone is oozing black goo from the speaker! Also the locate me feature is not working. Any ideas?

Works perfectly. The app locate me doesn't work anymore (just like the locate me feature on gmaps, I know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
    In order to get programs working after install I simply went into installer and uninstalled everything and than reinstalling again. The only problem I have right now is the summerboard will not uninstall and I can't find the app to launch it, I guess I will have to ssh into the phone to remove manually.
    Can anyone comment on whether its safe to remove the upgrade files from the phone?
    Also to note... the trick of installing Locateme using it once than uninstalling worked great to get Google maps Locate to work.

Other than this everything is working great, great job guys!

Mono_frio
    it is safe to remove that big 'ol 300MB install file. yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post
    I'm a AT&T customer. I had my jailbroken with 1.1.2. I had upgraded to 1.1.3 right when it came out not knowing i would lose the jailbreak.

YES. You must ssh to your phone after you update and import the lockdownd file. It is linked many times in this thread.

YOU MUST DOWNGRADE TO 1.1.1 jailbroken FIRST!

they only thing that doesnt work is

the iTunes store (Launches but no buying or previews)
    and Hybrid View.

Quote Originally Posted by ks503 View Post

you'll need to downgrade, jailbreak to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, then run this 1.1.3 jailbreak.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/01/16/downg...or-ipod-touch/

in summary:

1.1.3 (normal) --->1.1.1-->1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbreak --> 1.1.3 jailbreak.

After I install the soft upgrade, my phone rebooted and stayed on the loading screen...i had to restore my phone...anyone else have this problem? I was on a 1.1.2 jailbroken iphone AT&T service.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    how did you make your ringtones?

follow this guide and make them like this from now on:

YouTube - How to Make iPhone Ringtones Yourself

easy as pie.

Hey... i appreciate the post. I used the mecca framework stuff for 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 to get my ringtones and now they dont show up. I will have to try this method when I get home. Thanks again.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

After upgrading and using the new jailbreak by Nate, I was not able to get the passwords for the email to be saved. I've deleted the accounts.plist but that hasn't solved any issues. Is there a way to manually edit and insert the passwords?

I can't stay at 1.1.3 if I cannot access my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I did the 1.1.3 update and now my iphone is oozing black goo from the speaker! Also the locate me feature is not working. Any ideas?
    Dannnnnnnng that really doesnt sound good.... sure its not ear wax?
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Quote Originally Posted by chordmasta View Post
    YES. You must ssh to your phone after you update and import the lockdownd file. It is linked many times in this thread.

YOU MUST DOWNGRADE TO 1.1.1 jailbroken FIRST!

they only thing that doesnt work is

the iTunes store (Launches but no buying or previews)
    and Hybrid View.
    i can buy and preview in the iTunes store.

Hybrid view does not show the street names, however.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by da_jane View Post
    After upgrading and using the new jailbreak by Nate, I was not able to get the passwords for the email to be saved. I've deleted the accounts.plist but that hasn't solved any issues. Is there a way to manually edit and insert the passwords?

I can't stay at 1.1.3 if I cannot access my emails.
    bigboss has a app to fix your problem with your mail buddy....
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you'll need to downgrade, jailbreak to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2, then run this 1.1.3 jailbreak.

in summary:

I did that, just now my SIM is not activated. Trying to find how to fix this. Any ideas everyone?
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc

in summary:

If i downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, i've read that i cannot use my iphone as a phone? is this true? I cant have that happen.

To get locate me in google maps to work follow the instructions @ the bottom of this guide :

http://www.haklabs.com/2008/jailbrea...to-iphone-113/
    Last edited by vomer; 2008-01-25 at 09:15 PM.

i dont want to spoil all the 1.1.3 jailbreak fun but i have some bad news. i myself jailbroke my 1.1.3 and enjoyed it for approximately a half a day (even though "locate me" feature didnt work for me) when i found out this:

"NateTrue has recently leaked a v1.1.3 Jailbreak without the Dev-Team's permission, getting himself kicked off the team. Against our wishes, he's included both files belonging to Apple and patches which contain copyrighted information by Apple, making his personal release illegal and unethical. This is directly contrary to the spirit of true hacking, honorable competition, and sharing of knowledge. He's a disgrace to developers everywhere. I'd like to strongly advise against using his system for upgrading, and make it known that the rest of the dev team does not support software piracy or copyright infringement. The method the Dev Team was/is planning on releasing allows you to perform the jailbreak without violating federal law."

Source: http://www.zdziarski.com/

this jailbreak is NOT official and is/will not be supported or encouraged by the dev team. plus the jailbreak appears to create a whole bunch of issues (it depends on how well it worked but most users have at least 1 1.1.3 feature not working). im downgrading back to 1.1.2 ATM to wait for an officialand not glitchy jailbreak by the dev team. you should too.

Default itunes 7.5
    can someone direct me where I can get 7.5????? or a link would be great

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Per NateTrue's blog, the 1.1.3 jailbreak is official! UPDATE: The jailbreak is now for Windows and OS X both. Here's the OS X jailbreak download. (non-member mirror)

You must have a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken iPhone already for this to work (or jailbreak yours).

Here's the brief details, before we get our full guide up:

Note: There is a bit of controversy surrounding this release. It seems NateTrue and the iPhone Dev Team have parted ways over this release - they believe the legality is questionable, NateTrue believes it is within rights. MMi remains neutral until more info is released. At the moment, it seems there's a rumble in the Bronx, so to speak.

Update: from NateTrue:
    The 1.1.3 map apps dont work, locating and hybrid dosn't work. All 3rd party apps currently on the phone need to be deleted and re-installed. Customize and summerboard cannot be re-installed. Just some food for thought... thnx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s1ck View Post
    i dont want to spoil all the 1.1.3 jailbreak fun but i have some bad news. i myself jailbroke my 1.1.3 and enjoyed it for approximately a half a day (even though "locate me" feature didnt work for me) when i found out this:

"NateTrue has recently leaked a v1.1.3 Jailbreak without the Dev-Team's permission, getting himself kicked off the team. Against our wishes, he's included both files belonging to Apple and patches which contain copyrighted information by Apple, making his personal release illegal and unethical. This is directly contrary to the spirit of true hacking, honorable competition, and sharing of knowledge. He's a disgrace to developers everywhere. I'd like to strongly advise against using his system for upgrading, and make it known that the rest of the dev team does not support software piracy or copyright infringement. The method the Dev Team was/is planning on releasing allows you to perform the jailbreak without violating federal law."

Source: http://www.zdziarski.com/

this jailbreak is NOT official and is/will not be supported or encouraged by the dev team. plus the jailbreak appears to create a whole bunch of issues (it depends on how well it worked but most users have at least 1 1.1.3 feature not working). im downgrading back to 1.1.2 ATM to wait for an officialand not glitchy jailbreak by the dev team. you should too.
    Hi, welcome to last week.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast