Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1082

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

  1. #621
    Quote Originally Posted by viligante8 View Post
    I am on a 1.1.2 jailbroken iphone and everything works perfectly fine for me up until the 1.1.3 soft patch. It downoads fine and my iphone reboots but it reboots back to normal and nothing changes i have tried three times to no avail...Why?

    i've the same problem..
    Can anyone help?

  2. #622
    Quote Originally Posted by prybar View Post
    i can confirm the following

    1.1.3
    unlocked on Rogers
    ringtones stayed, and work just fine (called myself to see)
    most apps reinstalled with no probs
    following this guide http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27123
    google maps locate me now works perfectly
    all other 1.1.3 features work perfectly too

    hope that helps anybody

    pry
    nice. can you please test your BT headset as well ?

  3. #623
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin Louisiana
    Posts
    239
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts

    Ok, there's so many topics on this, I'm totally confused here. Please don't throw anything at me for asking this probable stupid question, but I just have to do it:

    I have a 1.1.2 OTB "iphone" that I downgraded back to 1.1.1 then jailbroke back up to 1.1.2...

    I was running the Jailbroken 1.1.2 then "STUPIDLY" decided to upgrade to the 1.1.3 through apple. Now...what is the process, if any, that will successfullly get me either to the 1.1.2 jailbreak (with my phone service in tact) and or up to the jailbroken 1.1.3 just released!

    God I hope I worded that right!

    THanks

    Chris

  4. #624
    From 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 without a glitch Excellent stuff. Now all you supr geeks like writing ifone appz ( U guy's Rule )

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by ugshotgun View Post
    Ok, there's so many topics on this, I'm totally confused here. Please don't throw anything at me for asking this probable stupid question, but I just have to do it:

    I have a 1.1.2 OTB "iphone" that I downgraded back to 1.1.1 then jailbroke back up to 1.1.2...

    I was running the Jailbroken 1.1.2 then "STUPIDLY" decided to upgrade to the 1.1.3 through apple. Now...what is the process, if any, that will successfullly get me either to the 1.1.2 jailbreak (with my phone service in tact) and or up to the jailbroken 1.1.3 just released!

    God I hope I worded that right!

    THanks

    Chris
    If you use AT&T this worked for me.

    Follow the tutorials to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that, upgrade back to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that, and finally 1.1.3 and jailbreak that. From a successfully jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, install OpenSSH, snag this lockdownd from http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd, SSH into your phone and stick it in /usr/libexec. Reboot your phone and sync it with iTunes once. Doing that gave me a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, with full AT&T service, EDGE, and working locate me in google maps. By the way, my phone was 1.1.2 OTB, that seems to be a point of confusion to some people who falsely believe the newer bootloaders make it an impossibility to successfully use this jailbreak and retain phone service.
    Last edited by devlinrandom; 2008-01-25 at 02:42 PM.

  6. #626
    I have one 1.1.2 OTB and i managed to jaibreak/upgrade to 1.1.3, but now my wifi does not work and all the apps i had do not show on the home menu. How can i downgrade and start all over?

  7. #627
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hi

    This is to confirm everybody that i have tried the mothod and it was successful in one try.

    Just few note for everybody.

    ** It is better that you reboot your phone after iBriker done it's job.

    ** After reboot make sure that Auto lock set to never

    ** Make sure that the data cable is not connected during installation of the 1.1.3 soft update from installer (You can find the install link under "Recent package")



    If you follow this hope no problem and you are done in single try.

    Good Luck!

    Liton

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by mk500 View Post
    I am in the exact same situation :-( Nice to have Apollo running over WiFi on 1.1.3 iPhone....not so nice to not be able to use as phone.

    Also, in iTunes my phone is now called "untitled playlist".
    FIX
    Follow the tutorials to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that, upgrade back to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that, and finally 1.1.3 and jailbreak that. From a successfully jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, install OpenSSH, snag this lockdownd from http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd, SSH into your phone and stick it in /usr/libexec. Reboot your phone and sync it with iTunes once. Doing that gave me a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, with full AT&T service, EDGE, and working locate me in google maps.


    Ok so this is the boat i was in last night at 3 o clock in the morning. I was wondering about that lockdownd file but didnt try it just incase. I had made it to 1.1.3 jailbroken, with openssh and all, just no service... so to fix that, we need that lockdownd file, and put it into /usr/libexec after we make it to 1.1.3 jailbroken....



    liton, wondering are you att, and was activated when you softupdated?... or did you still have to use the lockdownd file?.. i think that might of been my prob, bc i had the cable connected the whole time
    Last edited by kriffer; 2008-01-25 at 02:46 PM.

  9. #629
    Thanks. I was wondering if the upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 was necessary in your steps. Does the hybrid view work on your phone?

    Also, could you please share which downgrade tutorial you followed? Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by devlinrandom View Post
    If you use AT&T this worked for me.

    Follow the tutorials to downgrade to 1.1.1 and jailbreak that, upgrade back to 1.1.2 and jailbreak that, and finally 1.1.3 and jailbreak that. From a successfully jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, install OpenSSH, snag this lockdownd from http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd, SSH into your phone and stick it in /usr/libexec. Reboot your phone and sync it with iTunes once. Doing that gave me a jailbroken 1.1.3 phone, with full AT&T service, EDGE, and working locate me in google maps. By the way, my phone was 1.1.2 OTB, that seems to be a point of confusion to some people who falsely believe the newer bootloaders make it an impossibility to successfully use this jailbreak and retain phone service.
    Last edited by bigcat; 2008-01-25 at 02:47 PM.

  10. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
    Is anyone else not able to download/install the soft upgrade from Installer? I've been trying for the last two hours with no success...
    Installer.app was updated to auto refresh every 24hrs to reduce the load on the servers. This was a sensible move. My only advice would be to wait 24hrs and then launch Installer.app and it should auto-refresh the sources, updating itself to reflect the presence of 1.1.3 Soft Upgrade (which would then be found in the "Recent Packages" directory). My own experience with the new Installer.app is that manually refreshing doesn't do a thing! I'd say you're better off just waiting for the seemingly mandatory 24 hrs. Also, it's probably unfair to be forcing a refresh if they have made efforts to reduce the frequency of refreshes; we get all this for free, don't forget, so it's only right to respect the intentions of the developers.

    Perhaps post back in a day if it still isn't there (but I cannot see why it wouldn't appear at that stage!).

  11. #631
    as an "update"

    it appears that bluetooth is not working so well, it will not pair with my s9 (it used to) and that's the only bt headset i have

    no big deal, since i never use BT, i can wait for the fix...sorry for those who rely on it

    pry

  12. #632
    If you remove a source, and then add it again (from the packages section), it will refresh. I had to do this as many apps weren't showing up

  13. #633
    Default Please anysim for 1.1.2 obt!!!
    what happened with anysim for 1.1.2 obt... its more important than 1.1.3 jailbreak

  14. #634
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Just a thought, but the space used up by "other", wouldn't this relate to the hacked firmware installed by iBrickr?

    I mean, it needs 1GB of disk space on your hard drive, and 300 MB of free ram, exactly how large is the hacked/patched image which is uploaded to the phone?

  15. #635
    such an idiot! apple will close the bug (for jailbreaking) and 1.1.4 with sdk will be nearly impossible to hack. great thing, pro.

  16. #636
    Hi

    I upgraded to 1.1.3 through itune a week ago, now it turned out to be locked. what should i do now?? downgrade? how?

  17. #637
    just like Apple has done every other time there's been a new release...it WAS mentioned that there was multiple exploits, so there's still hope. Any way you slice it, the cat and mouse game with Apple will continue, and hopefully we get to reap the rewards.

    pry

  18. #638
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
    Thanks. I was wondering if the upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 was necessary in your steps. Does the hybrid view work on your phone?

    Also, could you please share which downgrade tutorial you followed? Thanks
    To be honest, I can't be sure if 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 is exactly necessary, but I couldn't get the 1.1.3 jailbreak to work from 1.1.1, the patch would always just boot me back out into 1.1.1, and some have claimed moving directly from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 misses the updates 1.1.2 provided, like the bump in processor speed.

    To answer your other question, yes ,hybrid view and locate me are both working for me. My ringtones are also working, both the default and my custom ones, through the 1.1.2 iTunes method. Not that I use it, but my Mobile iTunes store also seems to be functioning 100%, in other words, I can preview songs. I've seen some people say that wasn't working for them either.

    As for which downgrade tutorial, I really just used an older version of iPhuc I had laying around, to issue the commands Erica Sadun posted here, and then the 1.1.2 jailbreak pack, but I'm sure you can find a much more thorough method somewhere on here.

    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget171175 View Post
    Just a thought, but the space used up by "other", wouldn't this relate to the hacked firmware installed by iBrickr?

    I mean, it needs 1GB of disk space on your hard drive, and 300 MB of free ram, exactly how large is the hacked/patched image which is uploaded to the phone?
    Yep, it appears so. If you poke around, there is a file called 113_upgrade_image.bin located in /private/var/root/Media/softupgrade, that is 314mb in size.
    Last edited by devlinrandom; 2008-01-25 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #639
    I downloaded the jailbreak 1.1.3 When I pressed CHECK MY PHONE it does not do anything it says Qualifying Checking your phone and it stuck there. I have an OTB 1.1.2 jailbroken phone with NEXT SIM. Any suggestions? By the way im using windows XP

  20. #640
    iPhone? More like MyPhone xandili's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Vienna/Austria
    Posts
    179
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 38 Times in 34 Posts

    Works Great! Thanks to Nate True and all the other guys!
    Last edited by xandili; 2008-01-25 at 03:38 PM.
    BOOT04.06_M3S2, FIRMWARE 1.1.3, JAILBREAKED & KIND OF UNLOCKED (NEXT SIM V4)
    DOES ARNOLD THE GOUVERNATOR NEED AN IPHONE? NO, HE WOULDN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT! LOL
    If I could help you out - don't hesitate, just click this cute blue button with the white star aka thanks button!

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •