Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

Quote Originally Posted by jonoster View Post
    please somebody help, i've tried disconnecting... reconnecting... everything. its not starting up, its not showing in itunes, its not showing on anything and im really f*ckin freaked out right now. Call me a n00b and i know i shouldnt have been playing around with it in the first place but please just f*ckin help me....
    what did you start out with? 1.1.1, or 1.1.2 jailbroken, unlocked etc...

i would try connecting it to your computer then opening itunes, and putting into DFU mode.

if its not powering up at all im not sure what to tell you, but even if the screen activates, doesnt need to display anything just activates you can tell in the right light, you should have a chance of getting it into DFU and restoring it to what you had it at before, and then maybe give it another try if youre up to it
    4gb 1.1.2 Jail Broken and Unlocked on TMobby
    3.9 BL
    (tried out both 1.1.3 soft upgrades, both worked, both were buggy, back to 1.1.2)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamguenther For This Useful Post:

ajl917 (2008-01-25), jonoster (2008-01-25)

Quote Originally Posted by adamguenther View Post
    what did you start out with? 1.1.1, or 1.1.2 jailbroken, unlocked etc...

i would try connecting it to your computer then opening itunes, and putting into DFU mode.

if its not powering up at all im not sure what to tell you, but even if the screen activates, doesnt need to display anything just activates you can tell in the right light, you should have a chance of getting it into DFU and restoring it to what you had it at before, and then maybe give it another try if youre up to it
    It was 1.1.1, unlocked and jailbroken. Its connected and itunes is opened atm. The screen is activated and showing the apple logo. How do i get it into DFU? and what is DFU? lol

Hi there, I could need some assistance. I'm trying to accomplish this jailbreak by using the mac application. But although I've got a fully working jailbroken 1.1.2 (OTB 1.0.2) with Installer.app installed, this is the message I receive:

"Checking iPhone version...
    You have iPhone version .
    Sorry! You must have an iPhone 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 with Installer.app installed. Press Enter to exit."

Maybe this problem has already been discussed, if so, I'm sorry to mention it again, but I didn't want to go through all the pages. Does anyone know why this happens?

ok maybe im doing something wrong but i dont think so its to easy.. But i did it twice and it took less then 10min or so it took like 20sec to finesh. i even install the soft1.1.3 and it rebooted and everything but it didnt do nothin to my phone i ran ibricker and did everthing it asked me to do and nothin happen to my phone funny..Maybe it 64bit vista thats messing things up i dont know...
    i checked the phone and it still say 1.1.2.. HELP

Quote Originally Posted by LaZARuZ View Post
    ok maybe im doing something wrong but i dont think so its to easy.. But i did it twice and it took less then 10min or so it took like 20sec to finesh. i even install the soft1.1.3 and it rebooted and everything but it didnt do nothin to my phone i ran ibricker and did everthing it asked me to do and nothin happen to my phone funny..Maybe it 64bit vista thats messing things up i dont know...
    i checked the phone and it still say 1.1.2.. HELP
    you have to run ibrickr in xp compatibility mode on vista

[email protected]
    if i jailbreak my iphone will i be able to use any sim with it or not plz reply

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    if i jailbreak my iphone will i be able to use any sim with it or not plz reply

Seriously ! haven't you read the posts?
    Its so annoying when people don't read !! There is 40 pages worth.

was looking at this last night wondering if i should bother to upgrade I mean its not like actually updating your phone its more along the lines of just getting a new interface and different root directories. Im currently running 1.1.2 and it all seems fine. I unlocked from 1.0.2 then upgraded baseband and all to 1.1.1 and then again to 1.1.2. Should we all not go rushing in with this process and see what the dev team have? I mean people have been posting saying this method is illegal, but im pretty sure that the people who are using it probably aren't going to get arrested for it. There would be to many. But never the less people will do it and will get a 1.1.3 phone....

So the question is wait for the dev team to release a jailbreak solution, and i suppose a sim unlock if the baseband comes with the update they do. Or go ahead and try this one out, which may break when apple release the SDK release ?? Who knows, i think im going to sit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviocontreras View Post
    i am using att
    remember to set permissions to 0555. I didnt do this the first time i installed the file and my phone would not boot. Had to start the process all over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to drkgremlin For This Useful Post:

flaviocontreras (2008-01-25)

I have a question:

The 1.1.2 OTB phones cannot be unlocked, but can use a PAYG sim, so can these be upgraded to 1.1.3 and use the new maps features with a PAYG sim?

Boostin4HP....i thought i didnt have to do that seeing ibricker works well it seems it worked but anyways im doing it now and ibricker is taking a while so i guess its working will update when its done.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonoster View Post
    please somebody help, i've tried disconnecting... reconnecting... everything. its not starting up, its not showing in itunes, its not showing on anything and im really f*ckin freaked out right now. Call me a n00b and i know i shouldnt have been playing around with it in the first place but please just f*ckin help me....
    What, exactly is the problem? is the phone not turning on? If that's the case, this is more than likely bad news
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

NOTE THIS!!!
    All af your previous apps will not show up you need to unitall them and then reinstall them in you Intaller APP

guys, can someone upload their stock SpringBoard file that you can find in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app? ive tried changing my carrier logo and upload my edited one, it seems there is some change that was made in 1.1.3 so i end up with the apple logo black screen. stupid me, i didnt made a backup grrr...

thanks in advanced!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's great news but it's not working on PPC Macs as utilities are compiled for Intel Macs... Too bad for my PowerBook G4 and its friend, my Orange iPhone

Awesome job NateTrue! Though I respect nate and the iPhone dev team, I've gotta say NateTrue is the winner here. Despite the idea of waiting for the SDK kit, you gotta relize there's more hackers out there that's gonna release a jailbreak in a matter of time. Also with no exact date on the SDK kit, we could of been waiting forever.

It works but i gotton an error and the phone froze so i just reseted the phone and it looked like it works i can make calls also oh the edge just poped up hahahha its alive...

finally had it to work.. well done!

had a prob at the start where the iphone went into the recovery mode! tried so many things but never got out of it... but after a few hours of sleep, a fresh start with a new restore things went fine... but one thing! i got 501.4MB in my "other" space! is there anything about that?

thanx again

No idea where that Place is in my Ipod But all I know is they will need to Update Summerboard and Customize so you can use them

can anyone upload their stock SpringBoard file that you can find in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app? i tried changing my carrier logo and put my custom SpringBoard file without backing up the original one(stupid me!), now i'm stuck with the black apple logo screen.

i would really appreciate if someone will upload that file. thanks in advanced!

anyone kind enough to help me? downgrading back to 1.0.2 is such a long way to go..
    Last edited by alienbreed; 2008-01-25 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by chordmasta View Post
    heres my experience.

I'm an ATT user. I did the 1.1.3 upgrade originally. I downgraded to 1.1.1, jailbroke, and did the ibrickr method. I then did the soft update and heres what I found.

- I HAVE NO PHONE FUNCTION. Can I just update in iTunes? how do i fix this?
    -3rd party apps DO WORK. I am using apollo now. Labyrinth works. Thats i'll ive tried thus far, so maybe try doing a restore then do it.

If any att users out there have a suggestion for the phone problem, - let me know
    I am in the exact same situation :-( Nice to have Apollo running over WiFi on 1.1.3 iPhone....not so nice to not be able to use as phone.

Also, in iTunes my phone is now called "untitled playlist".

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast