Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

did you find it yet? if not add this to your sources "iphone.here-4-u.org" you will find it here! But remember it'll take awhile to load and refresh so be patient...

Thank you for uploading the ringtones! It is very weird that they stopped after the jailbreak.

Upload all the lowercase ringtones to the Ringtone directory and make sure to delete all the upper case ringtones otherwise you will see double ringtones!

Now I just need to get the "E" icon to show up and I'll be fine. I'll be great if I get Google fin me feature to work again.

Joys of mucking around with tech!

Sealos

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    STFU! No one needs your damn criticism. AT ALL. GTFO or jump in a ditch. I'm tried of this community being run buy 12 year olds who can't help someone in a timely manner.

Bunch of idiots.
    What??? I mean, I don't mean to come off as an a*shole or anything but does that quote honestly sound credible in anyway... and its BY not BUY.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxocrat View Post
    What??? I mean, I don't mean to come off as an a*shole or anything but does that quote honestly sound credible in anyway... and its BY not BUY.
    Never heard of a typo, dumbshit?

yippie!!!! i upgraded my 1.1.1 and my friends 1.1.2(nextsim) successfully.... it works like a charm except ringtones not working on 1.1.1 and everything fine on 1.1.2
    Last edited by mfreak; 2008-01-25 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chordmasta View Post
    Works 100%. Calls, text, edge, location. Not Hybrid, as stated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -ajustcircle-

to get maps locate me functionality, sans the hybrid view for some reason, there is a file you need, lockdownd, replace it and there you go. phone edge and locate me will work.

http://rs323.rapidshare.com/files/86377952/lockdownd

I have DL this File but im dont understand where to replace it too ? If someone could give me a hint that would be swell Thank you
    i have: 1.1.2 jailbroke iphone locked with at&t, waiting for this to upgrade

so how do we get installer back on?

Default Relax
    wePhone,

Just back up and relax. Stop flaming because no one replied to your request for Preferences.app.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but here's my 1.1.1 Prefs.app.
    Attached Files Attached Files

figure this one out.... we're (chordmasta and i) back at the processor and bus speeds of 1.1.1.... also the battery life and softer speaker. so lesson learned is update to 1.1.2 before going to 1.1.3 cause your phone will be slow like grandma and as tired at 430 in the afternoon.

Thanks

Work Perfect for me!!!!!!

Thumbs up No problems here...
    Perfect install here.

I anticipated an issue with my apps being present after past jailbreak updates...so I uninstalled everything I could before the update.

Notes from my install:

1.) I'd highly recommend that you make sure you have more than enough HDD space for iBrickr to do what it needs to do. It will say it's done even though it failed if it fails because of space issues.

2.) After it was done I ran the required update program in installer. Like many here, it gave me an error message. I tried to run it again and got the same error, so I dropped back to the home screen. There I saw the "processing/working" animation, as if the phone were doing something. I simply let it be and went on doing other things on my computer. Maybe 5-10 minutes later, the phone rebooted and it told me it was 1.1.3.

So my advice to those who are getting the error, DON'T MANUALLY REBOOT THE PHONE. Let it work. There's no rush, so don't rush it.

3.) I re-installed my apps (most work, some need to be updated to be compatible with 1.1.3 and would not allow for the installation) and kept moving. OpenSSH would not work though, so...

4.) Based on recommendation here, I reinstalled the BSD Subsystem, Community Services and OpenSSH. Sure enough, after that, I could log into the phone via WinSCP and delete that 300MB install file.

5.) my ringtones disappeared (I was using iphoneringtonemaker)...but I watched a quick youtube tutorial on how to make a ringtone with iTunes...and about 5 minutes later I had made 7 ringtones. Simple as 3rd grade math.

Just about all of my apps work (some crash when loading). No Springboard (not compatable). No Swirly MMS (crashes). No ToDoList (crashes). Oh well.

Locate Me in Maps works just fine. No issues with WiFi or Edge.

I'd consider it as successful an install as can be hoped for.

To those having issues: hang in there.

To the N00bs: Don't make this jailbreak your very first. It may freak out on you and it's not a good feeling when your stuff freezes and you don't know what to do to make it work again. Hang out with 1.1.2 until a smoother process is developed.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to adrian1480 For This Useful Post:

jonatj (2008-01-25)

Default Thanks for the notes
    What phone carrier are you with? You mentioned your EDGE was fine. I have a proxy.pac file for T-mo and it's in my ~ folder. That should be safe, but I'll probably need to edit the preferences.plist to point it back to that directory:

<string>file:///private/var/root/proxy.pac</string>

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    Perfect install here.

I anticipated an issue with my apps being present after past jailbreak updates...so I uninstalled everything I could before the update.
    To those having issues: hang in there.

To the N00bs: Don't make this jailbreak your very first. It may freak out on you and it's not a good feeling when your stuff freezes and you don't know what to do to make it work again. Hang out with 1.1.2 until a smoother process is developed.

I dont get it??

Whats the point of upgrading if the only thing that you get is the ability to move things around on the homescreen and multiple sms... i can do that on my 1.1.2 and all my apps work

IMO this is not the 1.1.3 jailbreak i was hopeing for

hey first post and hope I help a few out..I was having problems with my 1.1.1. Ibricker was saying i needed a jailbroken 1.1.1. Or 1.1.2 even though it was..all I did was upgraded to jailbroken 1.1.2 then did the 1.1.3 jailbreak and it worked perfectly..didn't take longer then 10 min all together..so those of u having the problem with bricker finding ur jailbroken 1.1.1 just upgrade to 1.1.2 and it should work..only problem with mine is the find me feature on google maps isn't working. I'll look around n c if I can find a solution

ok

heres my war story
    im retarded.

about 5 mins before i logged into this site, i decided to restore my phone back to 1.1.2 origional settings and update to 1.1.3....

so i did.
    then i logged in and saw the new jailbreak. i wasss mad as hell lol cause it was only for 111 and 112 and i had JUST UPGRADED

sooo then i tried to downgrade. and got endless reboot...with yellow itunes triangle and BLUE screen. this i had never gotten before so i was like scared sorta. Ive been jailbreaking since 1.0.2 and well. I must say the downgrade is soooo stressful. I have yet to complete it.

But i can honestly say i did replace my screen all by my self and saved almost 100 dollars by NOT sending it to apple to replace.... Which was a hard hard hard repair.

so for now im at 1.1.3 locked up nothing gooood.
    but i will try again tomm, if it dont work, i will just wait on a instant jailbreak, come IDEMOCRACY 1.1.3 compatible where are you!
    Johnny Cage is a FAKE

heres another interesting thing, i can't preview (this is confirmed by one other user, chordmasta) songs on the mobile store. i tried purchasing a song as well and it downloads until the finishing step and then an error pops up saying "unable to download song this item will be available download when you log in the itunes store on your computer"
    here is a look at the processor speed on my phone and a link to the songs if zshare doesn't continue to work forever.
    http://www.collegelifechicago.com/fi...497fd76-10.php

what do i application do i open run_this with on a mac?????

by the way most my apps work I haven't tested all ofthem though

jonatj: my service provider is AT&T. I'd definitely back up any special settings or files like that which you suspect could possibly be over-written. you can always SSH back in after the upgrade and put them back.

Backing up FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by ajustcircle View Post
    heres another interesting thing, i can't preview (this is confirmed by one other user, chordmasta) songs on the mobile store. i tried purchasing a song as well and it downloads until the finishing step and then an error pops up saying "unable to download song this item will be available download when you log in the itunes store on your computer"
    here is a look at the processor speed on my phone and a link to the songs if zshare doesn't continue to work forever.
    http://www.collegelifechicago.com/fi...497fd76-10.php
    I did not try purchasing and downloading a song, but I had no problem at all playing a song preview. All acted normally.
    Last edited by adrian1480; 2008-01-25 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi, just some help for some of the Mac people having trouble. Firstly, if the app doesn't see your phone as being OK to update (ie. your phone is "."), this is due to iPhuc not running properly on your system. You can verify this by running the iphuc app in terminal (its in the data folder). I'm not sure why, it may be a PPC/Intel thing or something, or which version of itunes maybe? I just ran it on a different machine (intel running 10.5 vs PPC on 10.4) to get that working.

Once you have things downloaded and the app uploads the image to the phone, I recommend using MobileFinder or SSH or MobileTerminal to verify that the image on your phone (/var/root/Media/softupdate) matches in size to that on your mac (/tmp/data). This is especially important if it took no time at all to upload (maybe you ran out of room?).

Finally, if you get the "script execution failed" during update via installer, this may be due to your fstab file being wrong (different jailbreaks obviously did it slightly different). I used MobileTextEdit to edit my file (be very careful!!!) to remove the "noexec" on the /var/root partition. Then the installer could install the update finally after a restart.

Hope this helps people.

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast