Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

ok i just did mine and it works, im a little diapointed in the find me option not working in google maps though, i hope this will be solved later, if not can i get it to work somehow or am i screwed now.
    Hacking gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside

Mac version works like a charm

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    I can only tell you what worked.. is working (still in progress, about done I hope though) for me. Namely, mounting the DMG I downloaded from Nate's site and then, within Terminal, changing to that volume (think /Volumes/jb113/) and executing the ./Run_This command. This, with the 1.1.3.ipsw file located in the /tmp/data/ directory on my Mac (as opposed to Nate's DMG.) From there, it's been the step-by-step's as detailed on Nate's site.

I hope this helps.

would u mind doing a lil more detailed step by step for me? cause im not into the whole executing stuff and would appreciate if u could guide me a lil more please. ive been so frustrated with this that im on the point of giving up at this point.

this is DUMB! i thought it was full 1.1.3, its nothing but a pain in the ***. nothing extra but the multi text and movable icons. wait for the final release!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    I'm having the same problem...tried rebooting like some in this thread suggested, but it hasn't worked for me.

Sorry I can't be of any more help!
    what version of windows are you running?

If you have Vista/2000 from the ibrickr folder right click ibrickr.exe then select properties from the popup menu
    Click the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for:. Then select Windows XP (Service Pack 2 from the drop down. Finally click the Apply button.

see if that works!!!!

havnt tried it myself, but thought it could be the problem

Ok, i have now my iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware, unlocked by anysim ... nothin else installed, now should I go to 1.1.3 with nate true method? how do i pass the restore mode error after installing 1.1.3 patch from installer?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    how did u get past the connect to itunes? i am having teh same problem...it won't jailbreak
    This is what is SO IMPORTANT of STEP 9 in the Guide. Be PATIENT!

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj_yelbom View Post
    this is DUMB! i thought it was full 1.1.3, its nothing but a pain in the ***. nothing extra but the multi text and movable icons. wait for the final release!!!!!!!!!!!
    You do realize that the final release will be the exact same thing content wise, right? Google's locate me is bound to the new baseband so you simply cannot use it until they unlock that one. That's about the only thing I can see people are missing from this and its only the people who are unlocked or didn't upgrade the baseband before jailbreaking.

macky801, Did you unplug the iPhone at any time during the proces???

For The People Who Did The Mac Version Of The Jailbreak:

Did You Have Phone Service And Edge Still Afterwards Of Did You Have To Manually Redo All The Edge And Wifi Wep Settings?

Also Did You Lose The Setting Icon On The Springboard?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    how did u get past the connect to itunes? i am having teh same problem...it won't jailbreak
    Try iBrickr.

iPhone? More like MyPhone renegaderon's Avatar
    Thanks

Google maps Locate starts working after installing and running LocateMe from Utilities untill reboot.

Ugh,

I had 1.1.3 working jailbroken, then tried to uninstall SummerBoard (to reinstall) and my phone restarted, went to the apple logo, and vibrated rapidly.

I ended up restoring to 1.1.3 unjailbroken, and now I'm stuck w/o my beautiful installer.app

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiipoolman View Post
    what version of windows are you running?

If you have Vista/2000 from the ibrickr folder right click ibrickr.exe then select properties from the popup menu
    Click the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for:. Then select Windows XP (Service Pack 2 from the drop down. Finally click the Apply button.

see if that works!!!!

havnt tried it myself, but thought it could be the problem
    Mac OS X. But thanks for the thought!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

oh god ! Look what 1.1.3 is doing .. lol lol

Quote Originally Posted by 360boi View Post
    I Know I Might Sound Like A Noob But Im Following Mac Instructions, Download The Patch From Installer And It Just Restarts To 1.12, Not 1.13. Can Sum1 Help Plz?
    Make sure the iBrickr program is on your desktop! I had the same issue on a PC and that solved it

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    All these posts about 3rd party app problems on 1.1.3 is further evidence that the dev team is actually harming things more than helping them. By holding the jailbreak to themselves they are preventing 3rd party app development from happing past 1.1.2....
    Or maybe they are looking at a way for the Jailbreak to move the apps to the correct place so they actually work when you upgrade to 1.1.3.

Default 1.1.3 jailbreak
    Just finished with the 1.1.3 jailbreak, phone works fine as far as i can tell. I had a jailbroken 1.1.1, did the jailbreak process and viola, 1.1.3 with those wiggling icons! A couple of things i did notice though were that the stock ringtones did not work, where as the custom ones i synced with itunes did! The other is that i could not use winscp to get into my phone, it gave me a popup stating this "Network error - connection refused" dont know what thats all about, but maybe someone has an answer for me. Other than those two situations everything went smooth. I can still install apps from installer with the exception of Customize, because it says i have the wrong firmware.. Good work guys, more props to all of you...

I got script execution failed error ... when insalling 1.1.3 patch from installer... nnow what?

Ok,. now installer dont run ... its just return to the homescreen? wtf?
    Last edited by viP4x; 2008-01-25 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so on my mac i ran the run_this file and it says i have version "." and cannot find my 1.1.2 jailbroken? any thoughts?

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast