Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    You downloaded the 1.1.3 firmware and put it in the /tmp/data directory as 1.1.3.ipsw, right? Or, let Nate's Mac program download it for you?
    yea i tried renaming as 1.1.3.ipsw still nuthin. what else should i do?

thanks jwcrash, now it says my iphone has to be 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 with installer app which it is i have 1.1.1 jailbroken phone

Quote Originally Posted by prybar View Post
    The second one?

Im on ATT though, shouldnt I use the cingular ones which are further down on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    thanks jwcrash, now it says my iphone has to be 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 with installer app which it is i have 1.1.1 jailbroken phone
    I'm having the same problem...tried rebooting like some in this thread suggested, but it hasn't worked for me.

Sorry I can't be of any more help!

help!!!!!! i do all the steps and it stays on: Uploading, still
    Seriously, I said it would take a while. Just wait it out. It might be a half hour or something. why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I just got a new iphone from apple cause my other one was having problems. It was 1.1.2 OTB with 4.6 bootloader. I upgraded to 1.1.3 the other day. I downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke it and ran ibrickr. When I was doing the soft update it gave me an error so i rebooted the phone and it was on 1.1.3 and it was jailbroken. The only problem was that I have no phone or edge function. So I restored back to 1.1.3 jailed and I'm back to square 1. Does anyone know if doing this is possible without losing my phone and edge functions? I thought those would work since I was upgrading back to 1.1.3 but apparently not. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

now i can't jail break my phone...whats the deal...it takes me back to the avtivate screen and im on 1.1.1,,,i had to restore my phone

Default on a mac?
    so how do i do this on a mac?, when i download the ibrickr osx 1.1.3 file the Run_this program show up but it needs an app to open with ??? help with better mac steps please any one?
    Last edited by den.brandon; 2008-01-25 at 07:07 AM.

using the MAC version ... it says i have firmware version ".".

then tells me i must have a 1.1 or 1.2 phone - mine is 1.1 jailbroken with installer.app.

seems its not able to see what my firmware version is...

Well, I hate to just post another problem, but I haven't seen anyone else encountering this. I apologize in advance if I just missed it.

I was running 1.1.3, and I downgraded to 1.1.1. When I used Independence, I got an "Incorrect SIM" message. So I tried going down to 1.0.2. Same thing.

The problem is, I'm using an AT&T SIM. Anyone know where I screwed up?

Quote Originally Posted by BigWalsh View Post
    Ok, so I just got a new iphone from apple cause my other one was having problems. It was 1.1.2 OTB with 4.6 bootloader. I upgraded to 1.1.3 the other day. I downgraded to 1.1.1 and jailbroke it and ran ibrickr. When I was doing the soft update it gave me an error so i rebooted the phone and it was on 1.1.3 and it was jailbroken. The only problem was that I have no phone or edge function. So I restored back to 1.1.3 jailed and I'm back to square 1. Does anyone know if doing this is possible without losing my phone and edge functions? I thought those would work since I was upgrading back to 1.1.3 but apparently not. Any help would be appreciated.
    alright i have something similiar to this.. so now im at 1.1.3 jailbroken, ATT customer, but no service... so im assuming what happend is somewhere in this, we downgraded our baseband, so we need to restore to the unjailbroken 1.1.3, then goto 1.1.1 and do the whole "*#306#" thing, to jailbreak, then do nate's process to get to jailbroken 1.1.3? is that right or am i off?

Quote Originally Posted by den.brandon View Post
    so how do i do this on a mac?, when i download the ibrickr osx 1.1.3 file the Run_this program show up but it needs an app to open with ??? help with better mac steps please any one?
    Read the thread...I already answered this EXACT question once in the last hour.

first i got that my phone wasnt jailbroken. now it just says checking your phone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

yes you will be able to it wont lock your phone doing this jailbreak but you wont be able to use the find me option on google maps and 3rd party apps not working yet.

Come on! I need some ideas ... the 1.1.3 proccedure fails ... i just got the restore mode after install the 1.1.3 patch from installer. Now, im on 1.1.1, trying to unlock, after unlock, should i try again the nate true´s method?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default I Jailbroke!
    I tried 3 times, and the jailbreak left me with a Connect to iTunes logo each time.

Finally, after much deliberation I have a jailbroken 1.1.3.

A DETAILED, REVISED GUIDE CAN BE FOUND HERE. THIS IS GUARANTEED TO WORK IF DONE CORRECTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by 360boi View Post
    yea i tried renaming as 1.1.3.ipsw still nuthin. what else should i do?
    I can only tell you what worked.. is working (still in progress, about done I hope though) for me. Namely, mounting the DMG I downloaded from Nate's site and then, within Terminal, changing to that volume (think /Volumes/jb113/) and executing the ./Run_This command. This, with the 1.1.3.ipsw file located in the /tmp/data/ directory on my Mac (as opposed to Nate's DMG.) From there, it's been the step-by-step's as detailed on Nate's site.

I hope this helps.
    - iPhoneWriter.com

Default Installer apps Work
    almost all install apps work if you have BSD and Community installed then install apps the only one that don't work is Customise so far...

Anyone get google maps to locate it just keepsw spinning PLEAS HELP???

Nate directions were right on just follow step by step 1.1.3 with 3rd party apps!!!!!

So google maps aint working, so basically if I do this I am risking losing EDGE, my 3rd party apps and having to fool with all the carrier settings, just to get some...WIGGLING ICONS.

Ugh, I wanna upgrade but all logic tells me to just wait it out for a better method or a refined version of this.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    I tried 3 times, and the jailbreak left me with a Connect to iTunes logo each time.

Finally, after much deliberation I have a jailbroken 1.1.3.

A DETAILED, REVISED GUIDE CAN BE FOUND HERE. THIS IS GUARANTEED TO WORK IF DONE CORRECTLY!
    how did u get past the connect to itunes? i am having teh same problem...it won't jailbreak

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast