Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

how do u start off the mac version.. it says to run the run_this file what do they mean by that.. can someone whos done the mac version post some steps

So I have finished running the 1.1.3 jailbreak. Here's MY result. I emphasize MY as there seem to be various ways to achieve the prerequisite jailbroken 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 phone.

BEFORE:

AT&T customer (no anySIM, etc)
    firmware 1.1.1
    jailbroken using AppTapp OTA
    BSD SubSys
    OpenSSH
    Apache
    Customize
    Summerboard
    Various games and apps

AFTER:

jailbroken 1.1.3 phone with Installer
    All other apps not functional (icons not present)

So Far:

-used Installer to uninstall previous applications
    -BDS SubSys, OpenSSH, Summerboard fail uninstall (main script exec error)
    -renamed Installer /var/root/Library/Installer LocalPackages.plist to LocalPackages(old).plist
    -re-installed BSD SubSys and OpenSSH
    -re-installed Finder, Services, vt-100, TextEdit Vnotes (All working properly)

NOTES:

-1.1.3 Maps locator feature not working (haven't look too closely yet)
    - edge icon missing (blank)

...more to come...

No Mac tutorial needed, just follow the instructions as they come. Basically 3 steps...1) HIT ENTER...let it do its thing 2) HIT ENTER...let it do its thing again 3) FIND 1.1.3 SOFT UPGRADE IN INSTALLER AND INSTALL

Literally...THAT IS IT! Took me a total of 12 minutes (I know that is anal)! Not to say i wasn't sweating it a little during those 12 minutes, especially the last 9.

Success here, followed the step by step and everything works just fine... Apps disapear but uninstall them and reinstall them and they all came back.. MobileChat doesn't work, all it does is Connecting and that's it left it for 2 minutes and nothing, and the google locate me doesn't work either anyone any luck on these apps?

sorry im feeling like a complete idiot now.. but for the mac version what do u open the run_this file with?

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    how do u start off the mac version.. it says to run the run_this file what do they mean by that.. can someone whos done the mac version post some steps

Just what it says. Click on the downloaded file, it will open a window with two items, a folder that says "data" (dont touch it) and a application that says "Run_This"...just double click it and your off to the races.

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Per NateTrue's blog, the 1.1.3 jailbreak is official! At the moment, it is Windows only. Nate says he's working hard on a Mac version, so don't fear - he is good at what he does.

You must have a 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 jailbroken iPhone already for this to work (or jailbreak yours).

Here's the brief details, before we get our full guide up:

Note: There is a bit of controversy surrounding this release. It seems NateTrue and the iPhone Dev Team have parted ways over this release - they believe the legality is questionable, NateTrue believes it is within rights. MMi remains neutral until more info is released. At the moment, it seems there's a rumble in the Bronx, so to speak.

Update: from NateTrue:
    seems one biggie in the patch is creating a symbolic link between /var/mobile to /var/root bypassing the issue with the new filesystem structure.

Unhappy just tested it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoNVicT xX View Post
    Someone test!!11
    ok i have an ipod touch and it is jailbroken with firmware 1.1.1

i just tried all the steps with ibricker and installer and at the last step when i installed the 1.1.3 soft update it restarted my ipod. it took about 2 min to restart and when it did i was still at 1.1.1!!!

when i double click it, it says theres no program to open it up and asks me to choose an application

Ok but how do you reset edge and has anyone tried any of the emulators (NES, gpsphone, snes4iphone)?

Also do you have to uninstall all your apps before running the jailbreak for Mac? And if so, does this mean ALL apps like BSD, Summerboard, SHH and do you just do that through installer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It opens in terminal

2 questions

1. Im softupgraded to 1.1.3 from a 1.1.2otb jailbreak. Can i just do the shift-restore method to 1.1.1 and re-jailbreak to 1.1.2?

2. where does the old apps get moved to after the 1.1.3soft upgrade?
    I wanna try just moving them into the new directory

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

I have a 1.1.1 OTB that is currently updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroken and LOCKED to ATT

To get everything working, I need to:

-Do a restore (will uninstall all of my apps)
    -Upgrade to 1.1.3 using ITunes (to upgrade baseband)
    -Downgrade to 1.1.1 using TUAW method
    -Upgrade to 1.1.3 using iBrickr method

This will get everything working (including EDGE, Google Pinpoint, ATT phone, most 3rd party apps), right? Has anybody out there done this yet? Anybody see any flaws in my plan?
    Thats what I'm trying to do right now. I want the jailbreak with the updated baseband so I can google myself. I'm at the 'soft installation' point right now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    when i double click it, it says theres no program to open it up and asks me to choose an application
    And your on a mac? A window comes up telling me that "Run_This" is a Unix application that was downloaded from the internet, blah blah blah, and gives me the option to "show web page" "cancel" or "open" of course I hit open and I was on my way.

tried can not find the package to install any help

Quote Originally Posted by lalp View Post
    As Nate says, it doesn't work with an already upgraded iphone to 1.1.3 firmware. Any idea when this one will come around?? Thanks.
    woah.. ok i just went through a bunch of S... pretty much, i had a unjailbroke 1.1.3 ATT setup... then i tried to downgrade to like 1.1.1 which didnt work so i tried to goto 1.0.2 which then i got stuck in a loop bc of ibrickr and that took for ever, it was telling me i had an invalid sim, and pretty much i was stuck.. so i just finally made it back to 1.1.3 not jailbroke, and working.. anybody... please.. how can i go about making it back to 1.1.1 so i can jailbreak, and go up???

yes i am, only option i get is cancel or click okay to find application to open it with

ibrickr seems to hang on "checking your phone.."

how long is that supposed to take?

Quote Originally Posted by cybergeek2021 View Post
    Nate True Has Been Kicked from dev team for this!!!!

Yes i do think they will. DO NOT USE THIS!!! IT IS ILLEGAL ANYWAY!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOSHO92 View Post
    Thats what I'm trying to do right now. I want the jailbreak with the updated baseband so I can google myself. I'm at the 'soft installation' point right now, I'll let you know how it goes.
    Please do let us kn0w - Im pretty sure that if we do a full upgrade to 1.1.3 then downgrade again, then do the softupdate, we will have 1.1.3 fully functional with google mylocate, but Id rather have someone verify that first, as I dont have much time tonight.

otherwise Id love to give it a shot and test it out and write a guide.

Okay, anyone SSH'ing into their 1.1.3 phone, or is it even possible?

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast