Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Goes Public!

for the mac version it says to run the run_this program.. what do u open it with or what do u do

Not all apps seem to work.
    Gonna miss my swirlyMMS, but I still have blackjack & slots!!!

i have a 1.1.1otb... Can i downgrade back with holding shift button in itunes after installing 1.1.3!??

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screamforme02 View Post
    im also getting alot of script errors when trying to uninstall lots of apps. any ideas on how to effectivly remove them??
    Try reinstalling BSD Subsystem first.

do you need to uninstall installer? someone said all apps

Quote Originally Posted by psybert View Post
    apple icon for 30 minutes :

1.1.1 Jailbreaked AT&T
    Did NOT uninstall any apps.
    Ran iBrickr all the way through
    Went to installer, installed the soft upgrade. About halfway through "installing package" Apple icon came up. It's been up for 30 minutes now. Tried to manually restart and power off and back on with no luck.

Now I Don't see my phone in iTunes to restore

Any ideas?

try letting your battery die, then putting it in restore mode by holding the home button when you power your phone on. you should be able to restore it then and start over.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

dagrimdialer619 (2008-01-27)

Lightbulb More than one source!
    I've tried this and it works...well so far

You know how when you get into the installer you'll have more than one source that shows you that you need to update some apps and when u do it it still show it again , but with a diff. version no?!
    Well I did that and I got my iToggle working on the new jailbreaked 1.1.3 vers So my suggestion is that you open installer and if you have like me, more than 20 "updates" , you should go back and forth and see if that works for you on all your apps.

I so far had all my app working for me and I am so glad. Now I am on a mission to have my customize working and to get my 5th icon on my doc or find other ways to do that!!

Enjoy!
    RaMod
    Last edited by RaMod; 2008-01-25 at 04:30 AM. Reason: editing! sorry:)
    RaMod!
    If I helped you out, please press ... thanks!

=The iPhone?!...wait!...what happened!?=

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RaMod For This Useful Post:

just tried to upgrade from 1.1.2, unlocked and jailbroken. the 1.1.2 baseband and I have followed all the instructions correctly but once it installs the soft 1.1.3 and then restarts it comes up as the recovery mode and connect to itunes screen.

Should I downgrade? or is there a way I can fix this? thanks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to biddy2008 For This Useful Post:

Reinstalled BSD Subsystem, still no go..Main script Execution failed

Will play some more tomorrow.

**Anyone figure out where all the OTHER used space is from and how to get it back?***
    Last edited by tatev; 2008-01-25 at 04:28 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tatev For This Useful Post:

bump

Quote Originally Posted by ab03 View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong:

I have a 1.1.1 OTB that is currently updated to 1.1.2 and jailbroken and LOCKED to ATT

To get everything working, I need to:

-Do a restore (will uninstall all of my apps)
    -Upgrade to 1.1.3 using ITunes (to upgrade baseband)
    -Downgrade to 1.1.1 using TUAW method
    -Upgrade to 1.1.3 using iBrickr method

This will get everything working (including EDGE, Google Pinpoint, ATT phone, most 3rd party apps), right? Has anybody out there done this yet? Anybody see any flaws in my plan?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ab03 For This Useful Post:

Just reinstalled NES, all my roms are still there!

ok, now I will play more tomorrow.

**310mb used for softupgrade folder/files in Media folder, does that have to stay or can it be deleted? probably part of the OTHER used space
    Last edited by tatev; 2008-01-25 at 04:35 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to tatev For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by maXimus View Post
    Works like a charm!!! Very easy!!! Take heed to the warning above!!

Note: All my apps still show in installer but are not on the springboard. I guess I'll start removing them or maybe leave them until they start showing up with updates. :cheers:
    Exactly what is several minutes? Seem to be 1/3 through installation on soft upgrade and have the spinning circle thing for about 10 minutes now? should I leave it alone?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 33Rocks For This Useful Post:

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm downloading the 1.1.3 software update on installer now. I'll update with results.

Another thing. I couldn't find this package in installer even though I was refreshing my sources. Then I realized that my STE Packaging source had been deleted. I added it, refreshed the source, and installed the package from "Recent Packages."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparblaze For This Useful Post:

yeah leave it alone... it takes a while for it to reboot... Then it shows the apple sign for a while.. just wait it out and it will load..

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eurom3r For This Useful Post:

33Rocks (2008-01-25), dagrimdialer619 (2008-01-27)

Okay, looks like I had to be patient one more minute. IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! From a jailbroken 1.1.1 phone with the Mac version, was able to successfully upgrade. At exactly 9:22pm pushed enter (as the instructions for the mac version said to do) and then at exactly 9:34pm got the beautiful apple logo and a reboot was in progress. So far phone and installer work haven't had time to check the rest. My donation is on it's way TEAM!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to 33Rocks For This Useful Post:

anyone who had the "You must be jailbroken" iBrickr error, Reboot your phone.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to chordmasta For This Useful Post:

Id love to upgrade now that the Mac version is out, but this just all seems to risky to me. Some people says apps are working, others aren't and some people are saying there phones get stuck in recovery mode or the phone function no longer works. Also I wouldn't even BEGIN to fathom how to put all the EDGE setting back to normal. So Ill wait until a better method is released. I remember with 1.1.2 it was a huge headache and then a few weeks later a more streamlined method came along. Also not enough Mac users have done it yet, Id like to see a Mac tutorial.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to sailorguido For This Useful Post:

well
    unlocked 1.1.2 on rogers here

installed just as the guide says

the bar stuck halfway, after about 5 minutes the screen went blank, left it for a minute then hit the home button, back to the home screen, hit the setting button, phone reboots, BOOM 1.1.3 unlocked. Reset my edge settings, they're in there, so far all the apps i've tried installing ahve worked perfectly, only bug is the locate me on google maps just spins...hopefully that'll get fixed soon though.

just my $.02

pry

31. The Following User Says Thank You to prybar For This Useful Post:

Default 1.1.3 Jailbreak
    I just finished reading all of these comments. I think I won't update with all the problems they have with the jailbreak.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to theblackfedora For This Useful Post:

OK found some of the OTHER used space..if you used bosstool to move your apps/wallpapers you will have to manually delete them from the Library folder to gain that space back. But still not sure about the softupgrade folder, I think I'll leave that one in the media folder.

Also if the stock apps are now installed under the mobile folder instaed of root that might also explain some extra space used? maybe?
    Last edited by tatev; 2008-01-25 at 04:49 AM.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to tatev For This Useful Post:

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast