Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Jailbreak Achieved - not public yet

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtwiford View Post
    I totally agree with you. I understand what the devs are trying to do with not releasing it yet, but lets think logically here. Do a search in google for 1.1.3 jailbreak and you will see that about 70% of the titles in the forst 100 results say: "1.1.3 jailbroken but not public yet". Well you know that apple is watching this and guess what; if they know the jailbreak has been achieved then why would they not change it anyways, even if is not public. They know that the dev team will release it as soon as the SDK is available so why would they keep it the same? Dont get me wrong, I appreciate everything that the dev team is doing but I am not following on their thought process on this one.
    thats wat im saying!

this is great news
    They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be.
    They only lack the light to show the way.
    For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LeathaFace For This Useful Post:

monk1234 (2008-01-20)

Genious idea, my cousin just ****** up his iphone, and had to restore it with Version 1.1.3, so he has to wait for the SDK and 1.1.3 JB. Lol! keep up the gud work.

Thanks

woop, good to here they already jailbroke, hope apple doesnt do much to affect it

This is great news and am lookng forward to unlock my ootb 1.1.2. Cant wait.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    any shot the sec pack will be released so us who upgraded to 1.1.3 can downgrade to 1.1.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think the information is already leaked take a look at this ad

http://houston.craigslist.org/ele/545353548.html

THIS IS A AD ON HOUSTON CRAIGSLIST, I CALLED THE GUY AND HE SAID HE CAN UNLOCK ANY IPHONE USING SOFTWARE METHOD ....!????? I havent actually taken a phone to him to get it unlocked but he is pretty sure he can do it!!!
    Last edited by fveilani; 2008-01-20 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't need the jailbreak myself but I believe it should be released now.

When Feb comes around and they release the SDK, are any 3rd party apps going to be available right away? They still have to be developed and approved by Apple, right?

And how are the Apple approved apps going to get onto the phone and managed? They'll need a new version of Itunes with application management built in as well as a way to manage and use them on the iphone itself (a new firmware version).

So, to assume that a jailbreak for 1.1.3 will work automatically for an future versions just because "Apple doesn't know about it" is speculation at best.

More than likely Apple doesn't even consider this when updating firmware. I'm sure if they wanted they could come up with a rock solid way to lock it completely.

I'm sure it will be easy to get Apple approved apps on the phone when they are released and a different method will have to be developed to exploit it.

i.e. approved apps will have a signature that the iphone will look for in order to work and they'll have to be a workaround made to make not approved 3rd party apps work...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

i was thinking the same thing, but regardless they wont know HOW the Dev team did it so they cant prevent that method till they see it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

does this jailbreak bring us any closer to a 1.1.3 unlock in terms of Sim Cards

Green Apple
    Thanks

smart move ..... great job guys

If Apple was making money on the iphone only then the dev team could relax but as it is, Apple makes money on every iphone under contract - in other words, Apple must be trying their best to close holes in their software and stop people from jailbraking and unlocking the iphone. Will that ever happen? Who knows, if they keep adding functionality to the phone and adding applications then there is always a chance they'd leave holes to be exploited by the dev team - Whatever way Apple takes the iphone, I think it will get harder to jailbrake / unlock it - let's hope that their actual software is a long way away from secured

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rrsodl For This Useful Post:

UV RAYS (2008-01-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SDK Date
    Quote Originally Posted by kutrackkid View Post
    too bad we dont know a set day for SDK yet, and that worries me a bit.
    Feb. 22nd or 28th is my guess.

"...Late February..." - Steve

I'm leaning more towards 28th.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cybergeek2021's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait till I can jailbreak my phone!
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!

Question Can I update to 1.1.3 from jailbroken 1.1.2?
    Hi,

Do we have enough details that I can upgrade to 1.1.3 from a jailbroken 1.1.2 and still jailbreak 1.1.3? I want to get that Google Maps update which would be most useful?

THanks...Trifster

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trifster View Post
    Hi,

Do we have enough details that I can upgrade to 1.1.3 from a jailbroken 1.1.2 and still jailbreak 1.1.3? I want to get that Google Maps update which would be most useful?

THanks...Trifster
    I second that request but I have a jailed 112 OTB

R you guys serious read the posts THE JAILBREAK IS NOT PUBLIC YET. dont just post everywhere read the posts.
    MyPhone is better than yours

Green Apple
    Thanks

does this jailbreak bring us any closer to a 1.1.3 unlock in terms of Sim Cards

Default Superrr
    You Guys are the best

thnxx

Kalegek

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

I was gonna say release it now, but I finally downgraded to 1.1.2(jailbroken) so I am one happy guy!
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast