Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 7.6 + iPhone update 1.1.3 Out!!!

WTF!!! 7 pages in a couple of hours! even me (an illiterate Arab) as some of u like to call me, have read and understood that things need time, the 113 has just been released, some of the devs havent downloaded the darn thing yet! and u bombarded the thread with silly repetitive questions! give them, and urselves, a break! come after 5 days or a week!!!
    relax

Cash, I'm not even going to touch this topic ..

Quote Originally Posted by ♻①☛ View Post
    If I buy some week 49 phones with 1.1.2 OTB and want to jailbreak them and leave them in 1.1.2 what will happen after i downgrade>appsnapp>oktoprep> and try upgrading.Will it upgrade me to 1.1.2 if i have iTunes 7.5 or will it go all the way to 1.1.3? What can I do if i want to do that and upgrade to 1.1.2? will I need to leave it in 1.1.1 or does it work if i press OPTIONKEY update and choose the 1.1.2 firmware and then just use the jailbreak.jar?
    Weird screen name dude, all you have to do is download a copy of the 1.1.2 firmware, and when it says update, even if it says 1.1.3, you just optionkey + click (shift + click on windows), and select the 1.1.2 firmware file you downloaded.

I hardly ever come here anymore because....

For every 7 pages (or 102 posts) there is maybe a half page (or 10 posts, 5 question/5 answer) that are actually worth a damn, and spelled correctly (I won't even pick on punctuation).

So I'm adding to the BS....

upgraded with my jailbroken / Unlocked w/IPSF 1.1.2 iphone (didnt restore)
    everything works fine except for now there is like an extra 200mb of disk space used (WTF?!)
    oh and im sure the phone is locked now but i dont care, i use AT&T

Thanks

Would someone care to post about how the new features work? We all know (or should know) the update process and the consequences. I just want to hear more on the new features.
    Apples taste good.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhoneHero's Avatar
    Thanks

so have we found the noob of the year?
    "Somebody turn on the lights...its getting little to dark in here...I can't see you...when I'm dreaming...I can't see you....I can't see you..."

Default How to jailbreak a 1.1.3 possibility??
    Yea Erica tried downgrading 1.1.3 and successfully did but when she/he tried upgrading back iTunes said invalid SIM even though it was a perfectly legal AT&T SIM..:/
    Last edited by bugme; 2008-01-16 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    Would someone care to post about how the new features work? We all know (or should know) the update process and the consequences. I just want to hear more on the new features.
    New Maps - it's awesome. Complete rehaul to the UI, the GPS find me button works surprisingly well (depending on where you are), but even when it's off I can see where I am on the map, which leads me to the next feature. the drop pin. I hit locate, it brings me to the general area, I drop the pin where I am and bam, directions to wherever I want to go.
    Lyrics - simple implementation. Just tap on the album and if the song has lyrics they show up.
    Webclips and the new homescreen - They're just bookmarks you make icons of. Works really nice, you can have up to 9 pages (16 icons per page) of bookmakrs if you use the internet THAT much. You can also sort and move the icons around.
    Typing has been improved as well.
    Multi-SMS - self-explanatory

EDIT:

Someone on another forum just noticed that when you add an e-mail account, you can just pick g-mail and it will automatically set it up for imap, so you don't have to manually set up your g-mail account.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 2008-01-16 at 05:28 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Kruejl (2008-01-16)

Thanks

^^^Thanks M8!
    Apples taste good.

Unfortunately, I don't find 1.1.3 to have anything much better than what a jailbroken 1.1.1/1.1.2 phone with mods could do.

The only cool thing is the updated maps and that might only work in the USA or selected countries. So nothing too exciting

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I noticed another feature of the new itunes

I just drag and dropped a few movies onto my iphone and after taking it out of the docking station the usagemeter still shows the in use/standby times, while before they would go blank.
    Under the usage times there now is a message that says that the phone has been plugged in since the last full recharge.

Thanks

^^^It would actually do that before, I think there is a time limit on how long it can be plugged in before the usage meter "blanks" out.
    Apples taste good.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    I think there is a time limit on how long it can be plugged in before the usage meter "blanks" out.
    ^^ thx, that's probably why I hadn't noticed it before

Green Apple
    Thanks

can't wait for jailbreak 1.1.3.

1.1.2. jailbreak AT&T

Default Upgraded to 1.1.3 and noticed a little extra
    I had installed the extended preferences- used the one where you could tap on the battery and it would give you the number (percentage) well after updating to 1.1.3 I still have that. hope that helps in some way and that i didnt just add something that has already done so..

Alright i am going to sound like a noob here but here goes:

yes i have read every post on every page here, but i am still not understanding this.

If i have a jailbroken 1.1.2 and i upgrade to 1.1.3 will i still have all my apps to use or do i have to wait for a 1.1.3 jail break to use them?

Yet again maybe i am a noob, but i am just not comprehending this.
    It's only impossible if you quit.

STILL NO MMS?!!!!! WHAT THE F!!!!! HOW CAN U NOT THINK THAT IS AN IMPORTANT FEATURE? I USED TO GET PICS EVERYDAY OF MY NEWBORN DAUGHTER NOW I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY GOTO VIEWMYMESSAGE.COM AND TYPE THE STUPID PASS WORD FOR A CRAPPY PIC!!! IM DISGUSTED
    Hacking gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Micara57 View Post

If i have a jailbroken 1.1.2 and i upgrade to 1.1.3 will i still have all my apps to use or do i have to wait for a 1.1.3 jail break to use them?
    You will lose your apps. There is no jailbreak solution for 1.1.3. There looks to be a couple of files left over if you had them installed, such as a custom carrier logo if you used MIM to change it, although you will be stuck with whatever you had when you upgraded so make sure you like it.
    Apples taste good.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kruejl For This Useful Post:

Micara57 (2008-01-16)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Original post updated with relevant info.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

^^^Hey pf, where did you see that downgrading to 1.0.2 was possible M8?
    Apples taste good.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast