Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

Banned
    Thanks

Awesome work guys.

Saves me using MacOSX which sux.

Thanks

this is definitely not working and it's 3:14 AM. I'm going to bed. hopefully it will work in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Awesome work guys.

Saves me using MacOSX which sux.
    yea great work..

Nothing wrong with OSX, I just switched from XP to a mac for my home/office and it's fantastic for photo's, films, mail etc compared to XP it's years ahead.
    I still have a gaming machine running vista 64 as my Quad core PC rules for games, but the OS is way better on OSX.

I'm getting error 1601 after restoring!!!!! please help

im stuck in recovery mode i think...every home/power button combo i use i still end up at the connect to itunes screen...i dont know if im in DFU mode or what but idk what to do....everytime i try to load the custom firmware with itunes i get error 6 (yes i pwnd itunes) im using a legit 3g iphone

am i in dfu mode?
    why do i get error 6?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

So this whipes my phone? Back to factory brought and start from a fresh 2.0 unlocked scratch?

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

Need help with the 1601 error after restoring please :/ :/

try restoring under normal mode instead of DFU mode. i was getting that error too, so i risked and tried under normal mode, and it worked fine.

btw, any feel like 2.0 is way slower? it takes quite longer when you go into something. like tapping on settings, the page will pop up but the menus and etc will take time to load up. so does most apps, youtube, maps, safari. sometimes even typing is delayed.

just feels really sluggish and slow imo.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

its a load of crap it dont work why give software out when it dont work my phone is stuck now

Edit Poseidon: Watch the language.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-24 at 05:00 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyruskayos View Post
    im stuck in recovery mode i think...every home/power button combo i use i still end up at the connect to itunes screen...i dont know if im in DFU mode or what but idk what to do....everytime i try to load the custom firmware with itunes i get error 6 (yes i pwnd itunes) im using a legit 3g iphone

am i in dfu mode?
    why do i get error 6?

You are not in DFU mode. DFU mode has a black screen. First connect the phone to the PC and fire up iTunes. Then perform the procedure to place the phone into DFU mode. If successful, the screen will be black and iTunes will report the phone is in recovery mode. If you see the connect to iTunes graphic on the screen then you are NOT in DFU mode. Try again until the screen is BLACK

Installer doesn't come with winpwn correct?

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    You are not in DFU mode. DFU mode has a black screen. First connect the phone to the PC and fire up iTunes. Then perform the procedure to place the phone into DFU mode. If successful, the screen will be black and iTunes will report the phone is in recovery mode. If you see the connect to iTunes graphic on the screen then you are NOT in DFU mode. Try again until the screen is BLACK
    EDIT: okay im in recovery mode...i ended up getting it...

but now im getting error 1600

what does that mean?
    Last edited by cyruskayos; 2008-07-24 at 11:57 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    try restoring under normal mode instead of DFU mode. i was getting that error too, so i risked and tried under normal mode, and it worked fine.

btw, any feel like 2.0 is way slower? it takes quite longer when you go into something. like tapping on settings, the page will pop up but the menus and etc will take time to load up. so does most apps, youtube, maps, safari. sometimes even typing is delayed.

just feels really sluggish and slow imo.
    It's an issue with 2.0 if you restore from backup. After pwning the phone and rebooting setup as a new phone in iTunes.

Thanks
    Guys, this is NOT ready.

When restoring, it seemed like I got every error possible, including 1600, 1601, 1605, and others.

Even before that, I created my fake firmware without Cydia because I couldn't make one with it checked. What's the use of a T-Mobile unlock without access to the $5.99 internet plan?

I'm restoring to 1.1.4 as I type this, and am Ziphone'ing it as I type this, and will be spending the next half hour getting it back to its previous shape. Then it's bed time.

Again, I do not feel this piece of software is ready for public use.

I'll check back in the morning, good luck guys, and I am grateful for such a supportive and active community who tirelessly support such a fun and revolutionary product.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i pimping View Post
    its a load of **** it dont work why give software out when it dont work my phone is stuck now
    It does work... what doesn't work is not following instructions. You should wait until a guide comes out or read all the posts first. Don't complain about something that is free. If you don't like it then write your own.

EDIT: okay im in recovery mode...i ended up getting it...

but now im getting error 1600

what does that mean?
    Is the screen BLACK and is iTunes reporting the phone is in recovery mode? Also, which version of iTunes are you using? Try running the previous version of winpwn and restore your phone to 1.1.4 using iTunes 7.5 and winpwn 1.0. That might fix the issue
    Last edited by imode; 2008-07-24 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It does work... what doesn't work is not following instructions. You should wait until a guide comes out or read all the posts first. Don't complain about something that is free. If you don't like it then write your own.

Is the screen BLACK and is iTunes reporting the phone is in recovery mode? Also, which version of iTunes are you using?
    yes the screen is black...its 100% in DFU mode... and yes itunes is reporting it in recovery mode...im using the latest version of itunes...

EDIT: i just tried it again and i got 1601 error

.....help? its 6:08 am lol

EDIT EDIT: im using a 3G iphone...i cant go to 1.1.4
    Last edited by cyruskayos; 2008-07-24 at 12:10 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yes the screen is black...its 100% in DFU mode... and yes itunes is reporting it in recovery mode...im using the latest version of itunes...

EDIT: i just tried it again and i got 1601 error

.....help? its 6:08 am lol
    One last thing to try. Go to directory:

CDocuments and Settings\XXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

where XXX is your user name. Rename the file iPodDevices.xml or move it on to your desktop. Restart iTunes, try again.

One last thing to try. Go to directory:

Cocuments and SettingsXXXLocal SettingsApplication DataApple ComputeriTunes

where XXX is your user name. Rename the file iPodDevices.xml or move it on to your desktop. Restart iTunes, try again.
    thanks for the help, i'm trying it now, i'll edit this post with the result

EDIT:

Nope, that didnt work, i still got error 1601 any more suggestions?
    Last edited by cyruskayos; 2008-07-24 at 12:21 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

Edit.my phone is stuck in recovery DONT TRY WINPWN YET IT DONT WORK
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-07-24 at 05:02 PM.

dint work for me as well.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast