Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

Default WinPwn your iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by aziphrale View Post
    It works for me but after restart i no longer have phone service can anyone help me?

I got Cydia on the phone with service but all my numbers along with my music and such is gone. I think it has something to do with boot loader. How can i fix this. WinPwn doesnt give me the option to load it. all the boxes are Grey except no activation and no wipe which doesn't seem to alleviate the issue....
    Try these steps to successfully WinPwn your iPhone 3G...
    Before starting the WinPwn process, ensure that you have the correct 2.0 firmware for your device.
    I recommend creating a new folder on your desktop that contains all of the files needed during the WinPwn process (WinPwn files, firmware files)

1.) Put your iPhone in DFU Mode (how to below)
    - Launch iTunes on your PC
    - Connect iPhone to PC
    - Shut your iPhone off
    - Hold Home + Sleep buttons for EXACTLY 10 seconds
    - Release Sleep button
    - Keep holding Home button until iTunes detects your iPhone (5-6 seconds)
    - Screen should still be black, but PC detects iPhone in recovery mode
    - Your iPhone is now in DFU mode
    2.) Launch WinPwn
    3.) Click "Browse .IPSW" and browse to the device firmware that you downloaded. Double-click the firmware file.

4.) WinPwn will now scan your IPSW file and the "Build IPSW" button will become click-able
    5.) Click "Build IPSW"

- Applications Tab - Check the "Install Cydia" box, do not check "Youtube Activation Fix"
    - Custom ImagesTab - Select the boot/recovery images, or leave blank, makes no difference
    - Custom Payload Tab - Skip this tab (leave default)
    - Advanced Tab - ONLY check the "No Wipe" box
    6.) Click "Build IPSW" at the bottom of the window
    - Browse to the folder that you created for all of your WinPwn files, and save the IPSW file to that directory
    - When the progress bar finishes, you will receive a popup window that reads "successfully created IPSW file"
    - Make sure iTunes is still open
    7.) Click "iPwner"
    - Browse to the new "Custom" firmware that you just saved and select it
    - You will receive a message that "iTunes has been Pwned!"
    - iTunes will close
    8.) Re-open iTunes
    9.) Ensure that your iPhone is in DFU mode (if it's not, repeat step 1)
    10.) Hold Shift + Click "Restore"
    11.) Browse to the "Custom.....ipsw" file that you created
    12.) Restore that firmware to your iPhone

If you find this guide useful, hit the Thanks button.
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 2008-08-01 at 03:43 PM.

Default A few problems after update
    I managed last night to update to 2.0, unlocked and jailbroke But now when i try to connect my Iphone through itunes i get this message ' Itunes cannot read the contents of the Iphone. Go to summary tab in iphone preferances and click restore to restore this iphone to its factory settings' And thats the only option i have, i cant sync music or nothing. I dont have a Mac, i use a pc, and before the update i used a programme called MGTEK dopisp which allowed me to sync music and vids etc. using windows media player, now it says it has synced music with my Iphone, but it doesnt show up on the Iphone Has anyone any idea how to resolve these problems? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

I seem to be having trouble in the last step of pwning my iphone 3g. I made my custom ipsw build using winpwn, went to DFU mode, but when i try to restore my phone, my screen on my phone turns white once it says "preparing iphone for restore" then it gives me this error:

"The ipod 'ipod' cannot be restored. An unknown error occurred (-1)".

--Improvement from winpwn 2.0 where i got error 1601 over and over again

any ideas???

I updated mine using winpwn 2.0.0.3 (i think that was the build) and i run the programme as administrator, and had no probs doing the update, just this problem trying to get itunes or media player to sync tunes to it

What tourrent do i use to open the .bin files please help!!

Please help!! I did everything according to the tutorial by the winpwn site and it works until i put my iphone to the DFU mode. My itunes opens and i shift-restore, my phone goes through the restore process but at the end its not activated, it's still telling me connect my iphone to itunes! Please help!!!!
    Last edited by buzee4shizzy; 2008-08-02 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ye i need some 3g 2.0 app if any one can point me in right direction?

I have some doubts about upgrading to 2.0 and using this jailbreak

I am using iPod touch 8gb 1.1.4

Considerations:
    1. I'm pretty satisfied with 1.1.4, the only thing I look forward to in 2.0 is Chinese input support.
    2. I can't use app store, since I lack my own credit card/payment method.
    3. Does 2.0 support installer.app?? I tried the ipsw builder but it didn't have an option for installer under the applications tab.
    4. Will the apps I get from installer work?
    5. This jailbreak looks pretty cool...
    6. I like keeping my software up to date.
    7. I was planning to reformat my 1.1.4.

Please help me decide,
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by That Asian Guy; 2008-08-03 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skillzdan View Post
    iphone 3g firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

iphone 1st generation firmware: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw

okay, uninstalled winpwn 1.0.

my xp machine: trying to build on the 3g firmware with cydia checked, activate not checked, youtube not checked. i can't get it to build with and without custom boot images.

7/24/2008 1:36:17 AM - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.1 RC1
    7/24/2008 1:36:17 AM - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
    7/24/2008 1:36:23 AM - 62 logos available online
    7/24/2008 1:36:25 AM - 0 custom payloads available online
    7/24/2008 1:36:28 AM - File from:Cocuments and Settings*****DesktopiPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ip sw
    7/24/2008 1:36:28 AM - Recognized as:iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone3G
    7/24/2008 1:36:28 AM - Be sure to connect an iPhone 3G!
    7/24/2008 1:37:25 AM - Preparing ipsw file.
    7/24/2008 1:37:30 AM - Adding custom Boot Logo
    7/24/2008 1:37:35 AM - Adding custom Recovery Image
    7/24/2008 1:37:37 AM - Extracting Root Filesystem
    7/24/2008 1:37:47 AM - Growing Root Filesystem
    7/24/2008 1:37:47 AM - Replacing Kernel
    7/24/2008 1:37:47 AM - Applying patch fstab.patch
    7/24/2008 1:37:47 AM - Applying patch Services.plist.patch
    7/24/2008 1:37:47 AM - Applying patch lockdownd.patch
    7/24/2008 1:37:47 AM - Adding package Cydia.tar
    7/24/2008 1:37:53 AM - Rebuilding Root FileSystem
    7/24/2008 1:39:41 AM - IPSW creation failed!

my vista machine: same thing -- works

"Also, cmw says there seems to be issue with Cydia on some XP machines, and he will be releasing a fix tomorrow."
    same problem cannot get ispw to build on 2.0.3 have tried everything im on xp pro. itunes 7.7

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neildunne View Post
    I managed last night to update to 2.0, unlocked and jailbroke But now when i try to connect my Iphone through itunes i get this message ' Itunes cannot read the contents of the Iphone. Go to summary tab in iphone preferances and click restore to restore this iphone to its factory settings' And thats the only option i have, i cant sync music or nothing. I dont have a Mac, i use a pc, and before the update i used a programme called MGTEK dopisp which allowed me to sync music and vids etc. using windows media player, now it says it has synced music with my Iphone, but it doesnt show up on the Iphone Has anyone any idea how to resolve these problems? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

it says right on the front page of their website
    "not compatable with 2.0"

you probably needed to remove all the synced songs from media player then do the upgrade.

IS THIS VERY STABLE?

UNLIKE THE 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 JAILBREAKS?

sorry for the caps too lazy to re-type lol

but will i have problems where it woulnt turn on and stuff?
    Latest Sig

help I have an iphone A 1203 8GB can get it to restore unlock will not do nothing please help I download so many software but non seem to work please help
    thank you

It doesn't recognize the iPod touch firmware: iPod1,1_2.0_5A345_Restore.ipsw
    5-8-2008 2:17:59 - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.3 RC1
    5-8-2008 2:17:59 - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.1.5 installed.
    5-8-2008 2:18:01 - 62 logos available online
    5-8-2008 2:18:01 - 0 custom payloads available online
    5-8-2008 2:18:09 - Unknown file: D***********\iPod1,1_2.0_5A345\iPod1,1_2.0_5A345_Re store.ipsw

Should I just use the iPhone one? Will that work?
    Last edited by D13H4rdNL; 2008-08-05 at 02:31 AM.

too bad 3g phones come from the factory with 2.0 software already installed. Dumbass.

hey i have the 3g iphone..do i need to upgrade or downgrade the baseband?

Keep getting error 6 when trying to restore. I followed the instructions TO THE LETTER on page 1 and still not working. Same error everytime.

Read this thread, I'm offering $30 to anyone who can help me figure it out. PLEASE HELP!!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post1735651

Thumbs up From Jamaica
    From all of us in Jamaica want to tell u guy thanks from the Dev, winpwn & all those in the forum

to all of you who have had problems, and are still having problems....YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR YOUR SETTINGS ARE F*CKED.

WinPwn 2.0.0.3 DOES unlock/jailbreak 1g pre/post 2.0 upgrade

it does jailbreak, not unlock the 3g's

it is stable, with no problems....I have done more than 100 of each phones, not one major problem, some programs reset but it was those programs not the jailbreaking.

IF YOU HAVE AN ACTIVATED PHONE STOP LEAVING THE CHECK IN THE "ACTIVATE" BOX...UNCHECK IT OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT WORK
    AS WELL AS YOU TUBE FOR AT&T CUST. UNCHECK THAT. LEAVE EVERYTHING BUT CYDIA AND CUSTOM IMAGES UNCHECKED

Yea, what he said...
    I had sucess jailbreaking my 3g...

Only to hate the sluggishness of 2.0, so then I upgraded to 2.0.1, now in jail again...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spam_artist View Post
    Yea, what he said...
    I had sucess jailbreaking my 3g...

Only to hate the sluggishness of 2.0, so then I upgraded to 2.0.1, now in jail again...
    lol..dont worry..developers will find a way or oder to take care of it..

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast