Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

Why does the IPSW creation fail?? Can anyone help...please!!

Be sure you have the following:
    1) using the correct iPhone 5A347 software 1,1 = 2g, 1,2 = 3g
    2) using the latest version of Winpwn (ver 2.0.0.3)
    3) If not already, install Win XP SP3 (this caused mine to work as soon as I rebooted after the install of the SP).

Your only problem then is to get your phone in DFR mode..... see the YouTube video in this thread for that.

BTW, I have used Winpwn 2.0.0.3 on both a 2G and 3G iPhone, and both have no problems with any software or apps loaded using Winpwn. However, my 2G did have problems with BossPrefs (once installed from Cydia) when trying to turn off internet connection and other switches.....
    Last edited by jayson9; 2008-07-30 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by jayson9 View Post
    Be sure you have the following:
    1) using the correct iPhone 5A347 software 1,1 = 2g, 1,2 = 3g
    2) using the latest version of Winpwn (ver 2.0.0.3)
    3) If not already, install Win XP SP3 (this caused mine to work as soon as I rebooted after the install of the SP).

Your only problem then is to get your phone in DFR mode..... see the YouTube video in this thread for that.

BTW, I have used Winpwn 2.0.0.3 on both a 2G and 3G iPhone, and both have no problems with any software or apps loaded using Winpwn. However, my 2G did have problems with BossPrefs (once installed from Cydia) when trying to turn off internet connection and other switches.....

If that doesn't work, try this....

Here's what I did that FINALLY worked to sucessfully build my ipsw file with Win XP.
    History:
    Upgraded to 2003 with full delete of 2002 .... no workee
    Downloaded all "fresh" files .... no workee
    Downloaded SP3 .... no workee
    Shut off everything in ms config .... no workee
    Tried all combinations of the builder... since I am on At&T I just needed to JB and install Cydia... no workee
    Here's what did work .... I haven't read ALL of the posts in this thread so maybe this has been posted before but all I had to do was reboot my WinXP machine in "Safe Mode with Networking" and run WinPwn 2003. Wahlaaaaa "iPsw sucessfully created" Hope this helps you guys with the cannot create error. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Now to load it.

Default Never use this program
    I'm an experienced iPhone user, I purchased my iPhone 2G the day after release and have studied its inner-workings for over a year now. I now own 3 16 GB White 3G's, 2 Black 16 3G's, 2 16 GB 2G's, 8 8 GB 2G's and a 4 GB 2G, most of the 2G's being unlocked/activated/jailbroke using Zibri's gift to the human public known as ZiPhone. I know these phones like my own children. So one day I get this bright idea (since Zibri is a little slow on his updating skills) to put this P.O.S unworthy of ever being associated with an iPhone on one of my 16 GB 2G's so my girlfriend can use it with her T-Mobile SIM. I believe you people call his program 'winpwn'. Yea, it definatly 'pwns' you, and your iPhone. Let me give you a brief description to as of what it did to my never-out-of-the-box, innocent 16 Gig 2G.

Just to make sure I didn't **** anything up, being as I've never used or heard of this program before, I watched the creator of the phone on YouTube go through the steps to make sure I did this correctly.
    Haha I was wrong, I should've had my 92 year old grandmother do it before watching this n00b do anything computer related as he seemed to miss some crucial steps in his process (which I lated found out through videos of 8 year old children on YouTube...). Anyway, as I was saying, I go through the correct procedure and create my .ispw. Perfect. I pwn iTunes. Greatttt. I put it in a complete black screen, DFU mode. Shift click.. Custom restore. BAM. Suddenly now, the phone wont turn off at all no matter what I do. The phone is stuck saying APPLE + ALPINE (a custom loader screen I chose when setting up my .ispw file), with the spinning gear to show a loading status spinning underneath the logos. So it sits like that.. for 18 hours. Spinning. Cool. Now I think I can just restore the phone back to the 2.0 software.. HAHAHAH yeahhhhh let's just say after 2 days, the iTunes has giving me more 1604 errors then I can handle. And it's funny because neither Apple or ATT have any idea what this error could mean. So anyway, after I tried to restore, it justs gives me the APPLE logo rather then the custom loader screen I chose, but still, it sits there for says with the gear justttt spinninggggg. So I decide, "hey, why not try to restore with the custom .ipsw?" HAHAHAHA I fool myself again, now what it does is it sits at the other loader screen (which is a penquin and some linux website) anddd... nothing happens. Doesn't move. All this while still not being able to turn the phone off. Nope. No chance. Hell I even called Apple and was like listen, winpwn ****** with my phone, the guy there tried to help me turn off or atleast restore it and he said he's never heard of anything like this, which is irrelivant but still nonetheless humorous.

So now I think to myself.. "Hey, maybe it's just this computer" and" Maybe if I use iTunes 7.6 something better will happen." Again, filled with overwhelming laughter when my other computer tells me that I MUST HAVE 7.7 INSTALLED OR I SHOULD JUST WALK AWAY NOW. I look at the screen bedazelled.. did they really stop people from using anything but 7.7? Communists? Ok, so anyway, now I'm here. No restore EVER possible. Can't turn it off. Just me, my apple logo, and my little spinning gear, with no hope of survival.

Its not like it's a big deal, I worked hard to have my iPhone collection and I hate to see one end up at the bottom of my garbage can, but its the principle of the thing. if ANYONE thinks they are able to fix this problem, they could see a reward in thier future not only from me but people all over suffering from this horrible programI, as well as an office building of my co workers, will be protesting the use of winpwn products on iPhones, lettings users all across America the hazards of using this destructive and unneccesary program on your iPhone. Zibri is the iPhone's Lord and Savior, and no one will ever take this away from him.

Thank you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duck9000 View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't. Check iClarified for a good guide to downgrade to 1.1.4.

If you're running 1.0.2, I think you need to virginize it first.
    Not 100% correct
    If you upgraded to 2. from 1.1.4 you can downgrade back to 1.1.4 I have done it numerous times. In fact most of the iPhones that i have upgraded and Jailbroke I have downgraded them to 1.1.4.......

I have done some testing along with numerous other users that I have helped. The main problem we have found is horrible bat life accompanied by very poor and spuratic cell reception. At first I thought it was the 3G but after compairing bout 10 iPhones with the same carrier the 2.0 software seems to have some issues with its signal reception.
    a bit of info----
    I upgraded mine along with about 50 others not to mention Jailbreaking 20 or so 3g's (too many friends and acquaintances lol). The only reason I upgraded mine was to see the process and if i could get into the files section... I didnt upgrade for the added apps because I already have plenty through installer. So...... Here is my $.02

Wait!!! I restored mine back to 1.1.4 after about a day.... The main reason is because the PWN is not yet bug free. The iPhone is alot of things...calendar, games, e-mail, mini laptop computer.....BUT my primary reason for it is a PHONE.... I need my device to be 100% operational and the PWN is not there yet... Everything worked but, edge and my service seemed to loose signal sporadically for no reason. Lastly I really like the apps I have now and summerboard puts the ME in MyiPhone ;-).

I would suggest to anyone not to upgrade if you are not a beta tester or program writer. You will loose alot more than you will gain...

Hope this helps....

As a minimum wait for WINPWN 2.5 if you use windows os.

"WinPwn 2.5"
    "New WinPwn is being developed which will be a lot easier to use and should help a lot of people having issues.
    I will be releasing it very soon so check back when you can "http://winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page

So far this F()CKING winpwn has bricked both my old edge iphone and my new (waited 7 hours in line for it), 3G iphone. Luckily I had the time to spend 3 damn days reading through 57 pages of try this and try that. The only thing that got me back to a usabe iphone was downgrading to itunes 7.5, and restoring 1.1.4 firmware to my old iphone. I have tried everything mentioned including reloading my laptop with XP pro SP2 and the .net 2.0 framework. I GIVE UP>! Looks like my 3G phone will have to wait until liberty+ or Zipphone comes out with a decent program. Until then, I am on my old iphone unlocked and jailbroken with 1.1.4 firmware. New phone is now a paperweight. Thanks for nothing. And to think I was going to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by ZXMustang View Post
    So far this F()CKING winpwn has bricked both my old edge iphone and my new (waited 7 hours in line for it), 3G iphone. Luckily I had the time to spend 3 damn days reading through 57 pages of try this and try that. The only thing that got me back to a usabe iphone was downgrading to itunes 7.5, and restoring 1.1.4 firmware to my old iphone. I have tried everything mentioned including reloading my laptop with XP pro SP2 and the .net 2.0 framework. I GIVE UP>! Looks like my 3G phone will have to wait until liberty+ or Zipphone comes out with a decent program. Until then, I am on my old iphone unlocked and jailbroken with 1.1.4 firmware. New phone is now a paperweight. Thanks for nothing. And to think I was going to donate.
    They owe you nothing so you can take your thanks and throw it in the trash with your phone.

deadiphone = zibir? LoL

I'm seriously not trying this program until some bugs get fixed.

I'm glad I'm waiting it out.

"Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Well this is for the people that have not seen this before. I do have Two computer set up just for doing Iphone work..

If anyone is around the NewEngland area, and needs help, PM me. I'm in western mass, and have done this now 30-40 times....i'm up to 22 on my own phone, trying out different build, and software.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    They owe you nothing so you can take your thanks and throw it in the trash with your phone.

deadiphone = zibir? LoL

I'm seriously not trying this program until some bugs get fixed.

I'm glad I'm waiting it out.

haha, right in the trash! I agree with you sir.

There's really nothing to worry about. I've used this program with great success! Nothing to fear, you just need to use it properly!

okkk, Im stuck here. I downloaded the file from this thread, and loaded it in pwnd. built new custom file with no activation, and cydia. closed pwnd, opened itunes, dfu mode, shift added new file. installed and phone up. but im still on 1.1.4. What did I do wrong? no 2.0...1st generation 8g iphone
    windows XP

Now, I cannot even build a custom file. I deleted everything, uninstalled everything, and tried from scratch. It gets to the end and says "failed" Now I really dont know what to do.
    Last edited by MiSTRFiNGA; 2008-07-31 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

when i open up the winpwn program the ipsw builder button is grayed out, what do i do here

Quote Originally Posted by paulbenxx View Post
    when i open up the winpwn program the ipsw builder button is grayed out, what do i do here
    You must first click IPSW browser
    - Browse to the 2.0 firmware you have saved on your machine.

Once the WinPwn tool loads your IPSW, you can select "IPSW Builder"

Thanks

On the original screen that you open, with Browse IPSW, and IPSW Builder... After you build the custom IPSW, and it finishes, you have to go back to that original screen. Click on iPwner, and browse for the custom IPSW firmware you just built. That will pwn iTunes, and get it ready to restore. Don't skip that step!

Default Newbie Advice please
    There are so many contradicting views and advice in this thread, that after reading through the whole thread i am still confused so can an Iphone pro answer a few questions for me before i attempt to upgrade to 2.0

1, I am running Vista home premium 32bit. Are there major issues trying to WinPwn using this system?

2, My Iphone is v.1.1.4 (4A102) operating on T-mobile UK, unlocked and jailbroke and loaded with apps (which i know i will loose if i upgrade). Do i have to install the 2.0 upgrade through itunes first? or do anything with the Iphone before i start the upgrade?

3, What are the advantages to the upgrade, and is it worth the risk of possibly bricking my phone?

Any help or advice is GREATLY appreciated........Thanks

If you need your 3G iPhone to be UNLOCKED, DO NOT UPGRADE to 2.0
    There is currently no software unlock available for iPhones on 2.0 firmware (you can use a turbo-sim type device)

Advantages to firmware 2.0 are numerous. The App store is the primary advantage.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit) and used the latest verision of WinPwn to jailbreak my iPhone 3G running FW 2.0 without incident.
    I am on an AT&T contract, so unlocking is not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by neildunne View Post
    There are so many contradicting views and advice in this thread, that after reading through the whole thread i am still confused so can an Iphone pro answer a few questions for me before i attempt to upgrade to 2.0

1, I am running Vista home premium 32bit. Are there major issues trying to WinPwn using this system?

2, My Iphone is v.1.1.4 (4A102) operating on T-mobile UK, unlocked and jailbroke and loaded with apps (which i know i will loose if i upgrade). Do i have to install the 2.0 upgrade through itunes first? or do anything with the Iphone before i start the upgrade?

3, What are the advantages to the upgrade, and is it worth the risk of possibly bricking my phone?

Any help or advice is GREATLY appreciated........Thanks
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 2008-07-31 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    If you need your iPhone to be UNLOCKED, DO NOT UPGRADE to 2.0
    There is currently no software unlock available for iPhones on 2.0 firmware (you can use a turbo-sim type device)

Advantages to firmware 2.0 are numerous. The App store is the primary advantage.

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate (32 bit) and used the latest verision of WinPwn to jailbreak my iPhone 3G running FW 2.0 without incident.
    Incorrect statement in red, that ONLY applies to iPhone 3G.

If you install 2.0 on first gen iPhone, you can unlock just fine using winpwn

True, I've edited my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by ARCHA1C View Post
    If you need your 3G iPhone to be UNLOCKED, DO NOT UPGRADE to 2.0

Thanks for the advice guys, but as for question 2, what do i have to do to my Iphone BEFORE i start the upgrade? do i have to install Apples 2.0 software first or remove my apps or anything? Sorry for being a pain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neildunne View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, but as for question 2, what do i have to do to my Iphone BEFORE i start the upgrade? do i have to install Apples 2.0 software first or remove my apps or anything? Sorry for being a pain
    Hey bro,

No, just create your custom firmware with winpwn if you're on Windows, iPwner the custom firmware, DFU mode your phone, shift+click restore, and you're good to go! Simple as that. Good luck sir.

Brandon

It works for me but after restart i no longer have phone service can anyone help me?

I got Cydia on the phone with service but all my numbers along with my music and such is gone. I think it has something to do with boot loader. How can i fix this. WinPwn doesnt give me the option to load it. all the boxes are Grey except no activation and no wipe which doesn't seem to alleviate the issue....
    Last edited by aziphrale; 2008-08-01 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast