Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

no no, 1st gen on 1.1.4 unlocked with ziphone.
    just uninstalling-reinstalling winpwn now and downloading fresh 2.0 f/w
    (read to try this on another forum)

Just tried that, still getting "unknown file" when i try to load the .ipsw onto winpwn.
    Last edited by gkcharn; 2008-07-29 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did anyone elses reception goto hell after jail breaking an iphone 3g? cause almost everywhere i go now. i only have 1 bar.

Same thing happened to me... Was the fix released yet??

same problem, I've got metro pcs style reception since jailbreaking :-( but I loves me some Cydia!

I like it baing jailbroken too. however with the signal sucking like this... i dont know. Plus the 2.1 hopefully coming out. and can't change the home screen background yet. I might just go back to restoring it.

Appreciate the help here. I have a 3g new and am Using winpwn 2.0.0.3. using windows xp, And i am an AT&T customer.

After i click the ipsw builder button and the application tab is showing i don't have the same choices as you. I don't have a install cydia and youtube activation choice come up. My app tab shows a whole lot of category selections on the right and on the left there is an available sources box, and under that is install applications box that is empty.
    Do i have to search the categories on the right for cydia and select and install it? There are 2 there: Cydia installer 1.0 and Cydia manual refresh. this is different from everyone elses i have seen and i am a little confused by it. Also in the categories columns on the right there tons of mini tabs---such as toys, wallpaper,unlocking tools, multimedia, games and many others. Do i have to install these now to use or what are they there for? So different from other posts i have read and now i am lost.

Thanks for the help.

BRIKZ

either reply here or even better [email protected] iphone 3g help in subject.

WinPwn 2.5 will be out soon!
    Main Page - WinPwn

New WinPwn is being developed which will be a lot easier to use and should help a lot of people having issues.
    I will be releasing it very soon so check back when you can

cmw

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Good I hope the rest of these folks can get their's jailbroken.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by timliora View Post
    I've seen so many post asking what needs to be checked in winpwn 2.0.3 if they are at&t subscribers using the 3G phone.

Obviously we should not check youtube fix and not check activate...but what about the other things(upgrade bootloader, downgrade, neuter, yada yada)..can someone please post what they have checked and unchecked for 3G iphone subscribers to at&t? Only the essential things to get 3G jailbroken is what I'm asking for. THANK YOU!
    the ONLY thing you would check is Install Cydia. Nothing else needs to be checked (if checked, uncheck it)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Customize just popped up in my cydia!!! were getting closer.

Thanks

If I'm to follow these directions on an iPhone on the T-Mobile network, it will unlock it for that SIM card. Am I correct in my assumption?

Edit** Also, phone is a 1G phone that has 1.0.2 currently running.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandoncarr View Post
    If I'm to follow these directions on an iPhone on the T-Mobile network, it will unlock it for that SIM card. Am I correct in my assumption?

yes
    if you select that in the boot neuter options.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    yes
    if you select that in the boot neuter options.
    Hey Jack,

Thanks for your timely response. Now, in regards to selecting the proper options in boot neuter... I jailbroke/unlocked my phone earlier today, and I didn't see an option for a different carrier anywhere. I'm on the AT&T network. The phone I'm working on right now is on the T-Mobile network, as I stated earlier. I'm using Windows XP/winpwn. My phone jailbroke/unlocked without any problems. So, I guess my question is simply, what options do I need to select to have flawless results? Thanks again Jack, I appreciate your help!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

for anyone wondering... Customize is running like garbage and freezing on my end... any other folks with positive/negative feedback?..

Hey Jack,

Thanks for your timely response. Now, in regards to selecting the proper options in boot neuter... I jailbroke/unlocked my phone earlier today, and I didn't see an option for a different carrier anywhere. I'm on the AT&T network. The phone I'm working on right now is on the T-Mobile network, as I stated earlier. I'm using Windows XP/winpwn. My phone jailbroke/unlocked without any problems. So, I guess my question is simply, what options do I need to select to have flawless results? Thanks again Jack, I appreciate your help!
    You wont see an option for differnt carriers. if you did it right and jailbrake it and unlock just put in a t-mobile sim card that is active and reboot ur phone then u see if it works or not.. i did my 2g iphone lastnight and took it to work and got my friends t-mobile sim card and it works great but need a hack for the internet i needed to install the tzone hack using cydia i havnt done it yet was not sure if my bud had tzone or not... but just using my 2g for testing any how.. good luck

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LaZARuZ For This Useful Post:

brandoncarr (2008-07-30)

Default customize
    customize released on cydia

using winpwn, can you just downgrade to 1.1.4 ? or are there some extra steps to take?

Quote Originally Posted by pcuserforever View Post
    using winpwn, can you just downgrade to 1.1.4 ? or are there some extra steps to take?
    Unfortunately, you can't. Check iClarified for a good guide to downgrade to 1.1.4.

If you're running 1.0.2, I think you need to virginize it first.
    Last edited by duck9000; 2008-07-30 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

20. The Following User Says Thank You to duck9000 For This Useful Post:

brandoncarr (2008-07-30)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by duck9000 View Post
    Unfortunately, you can't. Check iClarified for a good guide to downgrade to 1.1.4.

If you're running 1.0.2, I think you need to virginize it first.
    That's what I was originally thinking. What would you suggest to re-virginize it? Thanks Duck!

Branon

Hey everyone, I dont know if anyone gets this same bug as me, but i have a small bug to report.
    After finished everything in the 1st page of this topic, i've success in unlocking my 2g iphone, i checked Youtube fix, Cydia, , auto delete, neuter3.9/4.6 , not downgrade or upgrade or anything, my baseband was downgrade to 3.9 by Ziphone. So far so good, my fone was running flawless but there are 2 things i don't like it.
    1st : The power on logo that i change somehow make the turn on process seems slower than b4.
    2nd : sometimes when ever i had a call, i cannot pick up the call by slide the green logo, instead i have to hit the round buttont to answer the call. Sometimes i cant even do anything to response to the call, non of the buttons work. Is there any problem with this ?

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast