Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

when u winpwned itunes with the custom file did you leave everything blank or did you add any checkmarks?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rounder's Avatar
    Thanks

Just my two cents. But in 1 day of having a jailbroken 3G iPhone, I'm really starting to regret it. I never had a problem with this phone, and now that I've jailbroken it, I get a random crash (usually when install any app). And I will be restoring to Apple firmware tomorrow. It's great that they have released this product though, but even they know that there is work to be done to perfect it.

Believe me when I tell you, it's worth waiting about a month or so until bugs are worked out.
    My Mac:  iMac 21.6" 2.5GHz Quad-Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB, AMD 512MB Video (10.6.6)

iOS Devices: iPhone 4 32GB (4.3.2 JB) | iPad 2 16GB (4.3.2) | Apple TV 2G (4.3 JB)

MobileMe User

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yes everything you see here was checked. This was the only file I created.

I tried it your way but it wont do a fresh restore with the itunes pwned custom, regular, or fresh itunes install. i get the error 1604 everytime and the phone goes to the apple screen with the working circle at the bottom

i get the same error msg too. what do i do now?

Hi i kept getting the same error. I figured out that there is a step missing in the guide. You know that picture that says itunes has been pwned. After creating the custom firmware you need to click pwned and then select the firmware that you created. THen from there it will says itunes pwaned. Once that's done it's smooth sailing If you have question email me at [email protected]

WOOO HOOO!!!!

ok I pwned it again.. with winpwn.. and this time i unchecked youtube fix... and unchecked everything on advance tab...

and BOOOOM its pwned and this time it reconizes my carrier...

works!!!!

so happy..3g pwned~~!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    i cant use the custom firmware i says error 6 on itunes
    Error restoring iphone 3g
    it gets to...
    preparing iphone software for restore
    restoring iphone software
    unknown error 6

Ok, So it finally worked. I just kept trying to restore the firmware and finally it worked.
    Last edited by phifer8390; 2008-07-27 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3g 8GB; iPhone 3GS 32GB

Hey i just had one question....
    what does the option No Wipe do???
    If i check it what will happen???
    Thanks for ur help!!

Quote Originally Posted by toymaster954 View Post
    Hi i kept getting the same error. I figured out that there is a step missing in the guide. You know that picture that says itunes has been pwned. After creating the custom firmware you need to click pwned and then select the firmware that you created. THen from there it will says itunes pwaned. Once that's done it's smooth sailing If you have question email me at [email protected]
    ive been doing that over and over again. now im getting error 1600. it doesnt let me restore the new firmware

now i cant even use my phone at all
    Last edited by kitkat84; 2008-07-27 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If i pwn my phone will I lose my stuff? Will I have to sync everything up again? If thats the case I will just wait until installer is available.

Thanks

so for the 3g, all i check off in advanced is:

-activate phone
    -enable baseband update
    -neuter bootloader

and do not select "youtube fix"

Is this all i need?

Default Please ANSWER
    PLEASE help

After i sucessfully upgraded from 1.1.3 to 2.0, the only problem is that my camera won't start.. PLEASE advice what to do...

Also, if i want to downgrade again, how to do it???

HELP GUYS!!!
    Bought my phone outside US. Dint know it was AT&T package, So i check the Youtube FIX.
    Now my phone is LOCK, unable to read the GSM phone carrier.
    I restore 2.0 again thinking this time to uncheck YOUTUBE FIX and ACTIVATE PHONE
    BUT got stuck in DFU mode; stuck in Itunes 'preparing for iphone to restore' and eventually the 1604 Error!

Pls help guys... tried searching the web but never once people did it like me...
    any idea?
    Last edited by taytuan; 2008-07-27 at 01:36 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ok guys the 1600- 1604 errors are that your phone wasnt picked back up by itunes after it prepared to restore. ( the pinwheel and apple logo) when it goes to this mode try unplugging the USB and plug right back in either a different port or the same port. itunes should read it at this point and begin to restore.

Also iPhone 3G users need to uncheck "Activate". I believe you dont use any advanced options. Just Cydia. You cannot use 3G on T Mobile yet so you must have an active at&T account, which obviously activate is not neccessary.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-07-27 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

taytuan (2008-07-27)

I think i have finally jailbreak the 2.0 iphone.
    thank you so much muggs!

but one thing, now my phone is still lock.
    'Sim card is not supported'... how do i deal with this?

Pls helppp guyyss.........
    thank you..
    Last edited by taytuan; 2008-07-27 at 03:31 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=lente;1632661]

Oh, and while we're at it...I managed to get previous wallpapers and ringtones through an iphone browser program.
    QUOTE]

I said and did this some 20 pages of posts ago. Even got my custom sounds, signal bars AND ATT logo mod back. No one listens, follows instructions, just looking for drama. Enough said.

Default help please...
    hey guys,

i got an ipod touch.
    i think i stuffed this up a bit.
    i downloaded the winpwn 2.0.0.1 running with vista and did all the steps i was supposed to do.
    all of the pwnage script came up fine but the only thing that didnt happen was that my ipod did not re-boot and now is dead?!
    what the ?!
    i manually try to start it and it does nothing!!

WHAT CAN I DO??
    PLEASE HELP...

There is winpwn 2.0.0.3, works perfect on Vista.

Hi Go to this link follow everything that said on this link iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.0 2G iPhone (Windows)

Now when you get to the part after creating the custom firmware click on ipawner on the pawn program. The one right under Help. It going to ask you to locate the CUSTOM firmware you created. Once you locate that it should say itunes pawned. From there follow guide. I hope this helps.

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast