Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok seems like there are still some problems with a few from viewing this forum. There are several reason for failing but the most that i have helped through e-mail are just not following the steps properly or they have the wrong firmware. I am now on iPhone #74 JB/Unlock... 2 and 3g versions with no issues. I am using Windows Vista, Clean install of iTunes 7.7 (used revosetup to WIPE the old iTunes). All but about 10 2G phones have been on 1.1.4 with Ziphone used to JB and unlock. The 3G phones I have done (approx 8 of them) I had some issues with entering DFU mode but persistance paid off.... No trick just kept trying...

Use the STEP in this guide and you should have no problems!!!
    Winpwn 2.0 Guide - iPhone News & Review

Tip****
    ---Make sure you have the correct firmware for your device!!!!!
    --2G iPhone (the one with the recesed headphone jack and silver aluminum back) ;-)
    --- USE this Firmware ( http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw )

--- For the 3G iPhone (new one with the black plastic backing! May also come in white) Use this Firmware ( http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....7_Restore.ipsw )

This is very important and will cause all the errors that are happening. (verify your download file!!!!

Lastly Follow the steps to the T!!! ....they work!

Hit the thanks button if you like.... Or better yet hit my thanks button from Safari on your JB 2.0 iPhone!!! :-)

If you need further help not outlined in the steps and Q&A from the site. Then hit me back and Ill try and help...

-----BTW I was able to load custom images (Not Summerboard yet but I replaced all the images with custom ones.... No crashes yet.... The Dialer image doesnt work... I must be doing something wrong.... Get into your 2.0 JB iphone through windows Installer...
    Last edited by kuhndsn; 2008-07-26 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

wbeedie (2008-08-06)

Exclamation Help me
    I just successfully pwned my iphone from 1.1.3 to 2.0

But the following problems occured:

During baseband loading - an error occrued but not hampering the functioning of my iphone

MAIN PROBLEM --> MY CAMERA IS NOT WORKING.. WHEN I CLICK ON MY CAMERA, IT STARTS AND AGAIN CLOSES BY ITSELF.. PLEASE HELP ME TO RECTIFY THIS PROBLEM, AS I NEED MY CAMERA

Sumit

Quote Originally Posted by pfcfury View Post
    yes just click the cydia option and thats all make sure nothing else is checked in any other boxes
    omg thats probably why mines didnt work...

Edit: tried it and it still shows error 6
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 2008-07-26 at 11:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

I had a friend witth the same problem. Instead of trying to find a workaround and risk messing up an important file. I restored his phone. Then started over. I did this on my computer (that has been rumnning non stop JBing phones now.... Afterlooking at his laptop he had about 20 processes running that could have interfered. (I killed all the processed on my computer except those needed to run Vista... Then started the process...

Once we re-pwned his phone everything works fine....

Hope this helps...

D

Which processes were they?

so i tried pwning on vista 64 bit mabye a restart and restore might fix this...

ONe more thing

Since im using a
    1st gen iphone
    1.0 out of the box
    att carrier

and i only want to JAILBREAK not unlock.. with cydia installed... is there stuff i should check differently???
    Last edited by ultimatexpka; 2008-07-26 at 11:58 PM.

Can someone make me the superman logo so when i turn on my iphone i see it?

awsome job guys!!! Everything works just follow all and every instruction written above.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

OK so i have Pwned my phone with 3.9, and with 4.6...Tryed 3.9 first, did not like how it was acting a little off, Re did it with 4.6, and it is alot smother.

1. Can any one tell me about the wipe option? What does it do? Will it clear out the whole phone? can you still restore after from Itunes all your contacts and stuff if you do...Has any one tried not checking this and it working? again a 2g phone, not 3g...

2. If you have a question, or around western mass, i can help..

3. I would go with the 4.6 BL...Xp is easy..

4. DFU mode can be hard to get in...but try it again...As well...if your computer is full of junk, spy ware, and other crap...Vista users as well, it wont work..Your computer need to be in a half way good running condition, with all service packs installed up to SP.2 for XP, and SP.1 for vista.

Clean out Itunes...STOP ALL HELPERS< AND ANY THING ITUNES RELATED from starting...Re start your computer...CLose all side bars, all programs, every thing..only open Itunes, and Winpwn .3, follow the instruction for your service....Make the custom file, save it to your desk top!! all the files should be on your desktop in a folder named Iphone, or something...

Ipwned itunes, let it close....Put your phone to dfu mode...then click on Itunes to start if it does not....HOLD SHIFT THE WHOLE TIME< UNTILL YOU FIND YOUR FILE...can't hurt, will help...Click your file....let it go..It will take about 35 mins on USB 1.1, and about 20 on 2.0..

SO anyone want to help with my wipe question?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 97vrsix For This Useful Post:

roadcruzr1969 (2008-07-27)

I had a 1.1.4 iphone and i tried it using 2 of the main tutorials given. First i used it and my phone got bricked. I used it a second time this time it had bootneuter 2.0 at the end and it still came out bricked.

How can i fix this? can anyone help me?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

what do you mean bricked? more details please

It dosent let you do anything but make emergency calls. There is only one screen and it shows a USB cord to the Itunes logo. Its what happens when the apple software catches you using other software that they dont allow.

Ok. I got a issue but not jailbreaking nor service. I have [email protected] contract and a 3G iPhone. Its jailbroken and fine. But when I open cydia and instail a program my phone is done. Does not reboot and when I turn off and turn it back on I just see the apple logo. What is going on ? At this moment all the issue people are having with there 3G iPhone its not even worth to jailbreak until its steady.

Thanks

FORKING!! SUCCESS!!! 3G 2.0 Jailbreak on Vista !!!!! LOL only took me 3 days!!!!

thank you big boss!!! Finally got it to work! For all you at&t users when u make it custom ispw, on the advanced tab uncheck everything! Works perfect now

@ llv99x

Your phone is not bricked, it just needs to be activated, are you an AT&T customer?

If not did u check "activate phone" (err whatever it says, I'm on my phone) ?

2.0 sucks, I'm downgrading back to 1.4! The appstore is cool and all and the programs are really streamlined but it's so BORING without all the dirty little apps and themes n stuff. Unless you have a 3G i don't think it's worth it.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

I have an 8gb iphone. updated to 2.0. winpwned it with the iclarified tutorial. Totally bricked. I get the winpwn splash screen then the penguin screen but my fone locks right there. I have tried to restore it to factory but i get a 1604 error. i uninstalled itunes and tried version 7.6, 7,5, and all the 6.? versions. I have tried to restore by shift and using the apple.2.0 ispw 1.4 ispw, the custom ispw, but the phone is still not working. I have attempted the aforementioned in dfu mode and recoverymode but nothing.

Can anyone help. I just want to restore my phone to factory settings and forget this hack. I have no phone and someone told me apple won't fix my phone since I attempted to hack the phone.

Thank you.

you offer your help and boy do I need it.

I have an 8gb iphone. updated to 2.0. winpwned it with the iclarified tutorial. Totally bricked. I get the winpwn splash screen then the penguin screen but my fone locks right there. I have tried to restore it to factory but i get a 1604 error. i uninstalled itunes and tried version 7.6, 7,5, and all the 6.? versions. I have tried to restore by shift and using the apple.2.0 ispw 1.4 ispw, the custom ispw, but the phone is still not working. I have attempted the aforementioned in dfu mode and recoverymode but nothing.

Can anyone help. I just want to restore my phone to factory settings and forget this hack. I have no phone and someone told me apple won't fix my phone since I attempted to hack the phone.

Thank you.
    Last edited by roadcruzr1969; 2008-07-27 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey guys/gals what is the difference between 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3? I updated my phone with 2.0.0.2, is there major differences between them? Thank You

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roadcruzr1969 View Post

Thank you.

you offer your help and boy do I need it.

Thank you.
    Ok the penguin is just restore mode. It changed the logo when you pwned it but now its in restore. So If you want to restore it to 2.0 this worked for me:

First leave it on the penguin (its normal restore)
    Pwn itunes with custom 2.0
    Shift+Restore with normal 2.0
    This worked for me when I had a very buggy custom the first time. So i restored to factory 2.0 through this method. It worked just fine. Then I rebooted the pc. made sure my startup was completely empty! Reopened only itunes and winpwn. then just pwned like normal. running great!

Interesting event occured with my wifes phone yesterday. She was in her contacts and all of a sudden the bootneuter started and ran a couple proccesses and then the screen went BLACK! sudden death black and never came back on.... Anyway itunes could not read it period. It said "........blah blah your 'ipod' can not be read... well it was totally screwed. no chance of working. she takes it in to the apple store and they cant figure it out so they hand her a brand new 1st gen.!! LMFAO if they only knew. so we pwned again on the first try! too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by lachalupa09 View Post
    Hey guys/gals what is the difference between 2.0.0.2 and 2.0.0.3? I updated my phone with 2.0.0.2, is there major differences between them? Thank You

Yes read what they said it fixed.. If your phone is running fine with all aspects correctly no need to use the new version. I might suggest downloading it for the future just in case.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 2008-07-27 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Muggz5 For This Useful Post:

roadcruzr1969 (2008-07-27)

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast