Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1000

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

  1. #681
    I had the same problem as some of you, getting 1600, 1601 or 6 unknown errors. The way I fixed this is by doing the following:

    1) Download 'x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw'; I can't find where I got it right now but if someone has a link please post it.
    2) After iPwning your iTunes and it closes, close Winpwn.
    3) Run a search for 'x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw' and replace the one already on your system with the one downloaded.
    4) Pick up where the directions left off (DFU your phone, restore the custom firmware, etc.)

    To fix the signal issues, apparently you shouldn't select 'Activate' when you generate your custom software on the 3G or else you get no signal. Something that could have been brought to my attention BEFORE I did this, but whatever.

    Hope that helps.

    Enjoi.
    Last edited by HaddonFisher; 2008-07-26 at 05:27 AM.

  2. #682
    When it goes into DFU mode doesn't it say your iphone is in recovery mode? and on the iphone itself its the plug with an arrow point up to the Itunes icon? help please

  3. #683
    qtazntpaboi, you're booting to 'recovery' mode, not DFU:

    1) Plug your phone into your PC and power it on.
    2) Turn off your phone by holding both power and home until the screen dies.
    3) Continue to hold both for four seconds, and then release power.
    4) Keep holding until you hear your PC detect the iPhone.

    Note that your screen will remain blank but it is still on and interfacing with iTunes.

    Enjoi.

  4. #684
    OK it works!!!!! I had a SEALED iphone (rogers)

    i just had the activate check box checked.. and
    i build the ipsw...
    then i pwned..

    put into DFu mode...

    then restore the custom firmware..thru itunes after itunes been pwned..
    it took at least 10 t0 15 mins...

    and it now works..!!!!

    thanks to dev team and all the ppl on modmyi for the answers..

    if you have any questions just aske me and ill try my best to help//

  5. #685
    Default I just got my iphone 3g to pwn!
    So i downloaded the files from http://fenopy.com/torrent/iPhone_3G_Jailbreak_/MTI0MTAzMQ==/index.html and followed the directions from the read me file. It is pertinent that the screen goes black not the connect to itunes icon that comes up for it to be in DFU mode. Here is the link to the youtube video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk]YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode[/ame] that shows exactly how to put the iphone in DFU mode! I hope this helps everyone!

  6. #686
    For those wondering about Vista 32-bit, I can confirm that 2.0.0.3 does resolve the crash during the iTunes pwn. I just tried it out. I assume it should all go smoothly from there for you guys.

  7. #687
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    400
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 47 Times in 43 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by adrian1480 View Post
    For those wondering about Vista 32-bit, I can confirm that 2.0.0.3 does resolve the crash during the iTunes pwn. I just tried it out. I assume it should all go smoothly from there for you guys.

    Thats affirmative. After hours and hours starting with 1.0.0.1 following up till now . I had already effectively used 0.2 on 4 phones but tested 0.3 just to see and its smoother than the first two.

    Again and Again thank you dev team and all that made this all possible!!! By the way notice how much faster edge is even on 2.0?? Cydia has good packages already and Installer is ON THE WAY!! come on customize and summerboard. well worth it, I like 2.0 already just need those apps/themes

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by Rounder View Post
    Just jailbroke mine, first time and no problems. Follow my comprehensive guide and you should have to troubles at all!
    Your "comprehensive" guide is not at all what YOU say.

    Your "comprehensive" guide is not at all what YOU say.

    I would say please elaborate.. but that would require "comprehensive"-ness

    Step By Step = Step by Step according to user….… This is my “Step By Step”….


    I start with:
    1) Brand new Iphone given to me today (7-26-08) after waiting 12 days
    2) PWOwnded using 2002 right away and lost all signal….. (which sucks in my opinion – (ILIBERTY IS BETTER EVEN THOUG WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT – Because you can COUNT ON IT TO WORK)
    3) Re-PwOnwed using the new version 2003 since it’s newer… now phone wont even BOOT


    Redid PWOWNED 5 times all different ways on adifferent computers and got 3 different errors, some due to “I DON’T KNOW” and “FAILURE MAKING ISPW… I PISSED ON MYSELF”


    I went back to STOCK APPLE FIRMWARE and ALL OK.


    Thank you APPLE, Nice software PWOWNED.. It is nice I Agree. Thanks for the RC1 RC2 but I might wait till ILIBERTY does it right. (AKA- Releases it to public and it works EVERY TIME)

    Bitter = YES

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinirspeed View Post
    The new winpwn is out!! 2.0.0.3!
    Thanks but your dumb because your advertising this CRAP
    Last edited by dookie454; 2008-07-26 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by marko111 View Post
    you mean you didnt go to a standrd 1.1.4 or 2.0 first? just ran the winpwn 2.0.0.3 on a 1.1.1JB? (build ipsw, pwnn itunes, DFU to custom 2.0?)

    if thats what you mean thats good news. i thought you either had to have 1.1.4 JB or standard 2.0 first?
    yup i was on 1.1.1 JB unlock and just followed the guide. Used winpwn 2.0.3 or whatever just ran it and had no problems no errors or anything

  10. #690
    Ok, I'm sure I did something wrong, Pwn the phone, that [art worked fine no errors. But now I have no signal....at all! Maybe I missed a step or something? I have a first gen and am an att customer......i got nothing! HELP!

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBillyson View Post
    Ok, I'm sure I did something wrong, Pwn the phone, that [art worked fine no errors. But now I have no signal....at all! Maybe I missed a step or something? I have a first gen and am an att customer......i got nothing! HELP!
    Welcome to IPWOMED... It SUCKS


    My first problem was NO SIGNAL

    IPOWNED REALLY SUCKS for my setup

    I do give them credit for trying though...

    I started with:
    1) Brand new Iphone given to me today (7-26-08) after waiting 12 days
    2) PWOwnded using 2002 right away and lost all signal….. (which sucks in my opinion)
    3) Re-PwOnwed using the new version 2003 since it’s newer… now phone wont even BOOT (using all new ISPW files)


    Redid PWOWNED 5 times all different ways on adifferent computers and got 3 different errors, some due to “I DON’T KNOW” and “FAILURE MAKING ISPW… I PISSED ON MYSELF”


    I went back to STOCK APPLE FIRMWARE and ALL OK. So far everytime


    Thank you APPLE, Nice software PWOWNED.. Thanks for the RC1 RC2 but I might wait till ILIBERTY does it right. (AKA- Releases it to public and it works EVERY TIME)

    PWOwned Stability Rating = 0 0-100 (100 being ok and 0 as no success and able to revert back to stock. BRICK = Brick).

    Someone start a poll.. I would if I knew how.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBillyson View Post
    Ok, I'm sure I did something wrong, Pwn the phone, that [art worked fine no errors. But now I have no signal....at all! Maybe I missed a step or something? I have a first gen and am an att customer......i got nothing! HELP!
    I have a feeling you didnt do something wrong...
    Last edited by dookie454; 2008-07-26 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #692
    ok guys i had a sealed iphone 3g 16 gb.. i pwned it and now it works but for some reason its not reconizing my sim card..(rogers)

    I had a 8GB 3g iphone activated by rogers..i then bought the 16GB SEALED from canada and it has a sim card ROGERS BUT NOT ACTIVATED.. and then pwned it...

    the phone works now with cydia installed but for some reason it doesnt reconize the the ROGERS sim card..

    i bought this phone from canada.. And had a rogers sim card in it... its not activated (simcard)

    i then pwnd the thing., and i inserted the working rogers sim card (8GB WORKING SIM CARD) but its not reconizing it.!!!!

    can anyone help me out????
    Last edited by aqd84; 2008-07-26 at 06:59 AM.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by aqd84 View Post
    ok guys i had a sealed iphone 3g 16 gb.. i pwned it and now it works but for some reason its not reconizing my sim card..(rogers)

    I had a 8GB 3g iphone activated by rogers..i then bought the 16GB SEALED from canada and it has a sim card ROGERS BUT NOT ACTIVATED.. and then pwned it...

    the phone works now with cydia installed but for some reason it doesnt reconize the the ROGERS sim card..

    i bought this phone from canada.. And had a rogers sim card in it... its not activated (simcard)

    i then pwnd the thing., and i inserted the working rogers sim card but its not reconizing it.!!!!

    can anyone help me out????

    So.... It's not really working is it. DUE TO pwned...

    The phone DOES NOT WORK because it's pwned....

    Read my post and alot others like it.

    Summary.. if your lucky PWNED might work..

    Anybody know how to start a poll?

    Everytime I use pwned I get weirdness.

  14. #694
    2.0.0.3 work like a charm. just finished unlock and everything. i am sure it fixed the crash on windows vista.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by danny41884 View Post
    2.0.0.3 work like a charm. just finished unlock and everything. i am sure it fixed the crash on windows vista.
    My vista is not working for me. I have 2.0.0.3 and I install the program then when it comes to loading the winpwn.exe. it just show an error stop working. Any way to fix this?

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinirspeed View Post
    I am too. And I am also using the new 2.0.0.3 winpwn and still getting the Error 6 after it prepares the iphone for restore.
    Me too, cant seem to get rid of that stupid error.

  17. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by chris52204 View Post
    Your probably using the 3g firmware, it disables it automatically. If you have a 1st gen iphone have itunes download the firmware and use that. Your items will come back. If you have 3g iphone it wont let you access the greyed out options.
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie454 View Post
    So.... It's not really working is it. DUE TO pwned...

    The phone DOES NOT WORK because it's pwned....

    Read my post and alot others like it.

    Summary.. if your lucky PWNED might work..

    Anybody know how to start a poll?

    Everytime I use pwned I get weirdness.

    well. it worked for getting it to use.. like restore has all my apps.. contacts.. but it just doesnt reconize my rogers sim card..

    its a rogers phone that is SEALED...

    it had the itunes usb when i first turned it on.. cuz it need to be activated..i pwned it and now its on main screen with cydia installed..

    but it just doesnt reconize my sim card..

  18. #698
    Quote Originally Posted by danny41884 View Post
    2.0.0.3 work like a charm. just finished unlock and everything. i am sure it fixed the crash on windows vista.
    Im glad airplanes dont fly with success of PW

    I'd bet these success stories involve more than meets the eye (more parameters than anybody really wishes to offer up?)

    Example:
    1) Does it really require a fresh XP Install?
    2) Can you really not have anything else installed other than baseXP?
    3) How long has your XP been installed?
    4) How many other and what softwares were previeously installed related to
    jailbreak?
    5) And finally.... For those people with errors using this has every other Iphone jailbreak worked (without hours of debug?)

    Just trying to realize what combination works here.. so far seems only the hardcore fresh (minimal install XP/Vista) have any success here.


    For those of us that started out with:
    1) Loss of all signal
    2) Errors upon recompile *failure to write isp? file?"
    3) Errors upon reinstall "failure code X (8, 9? 6?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip_Jlo View Post
    yup i was on 1.1.1 JB unlock and just followed the guide. Used winpwn 2.0.3 or whatever just ran it and had no problems no errors or anything

    Flip Joe... your not 3g... sorry
    Last edited by dookie454; 2008-07-26 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by dookie454 View Post
    Im glad airplanes dont fly with success of PW

    I'd bet these success stories involve more than meets the eye (more parameters than anybody really wishes to offer up?)

    Example:
    1) Does it really require a fresh XP Install?
    2) Can you really not have anything else installed other than baseXP?
    3) How long has your XP been installed?
    4) How many other and what softwares were previeously installed related to
    jailbreak?
    5) And finally.... For those people with errors using this has every other Iphone jailbreak worked (without hours of debug?)

    Just trying to realize what combination works here.. so far seems only the hardcore fresh (minimal install XP/Vista) have any success here.


    For those of us that started out with:
    1) Loss of all signal
    2) Errors upon recompile *failure to write isp? file?"
    3) Errors upon reinstall "failure code X (8, 9? 6?)




    Flip Joe... your not 3g... sorry

    imma try to use my friends mac tomorrow.. i pwned my 8GB and my friends ipod with ease..

    hopefully its just winpwn... cuz i want this to work.. im sellin my 8GB soon

  20. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by aqd84 View Post
    well. it worked for getting it to use.. like restore has all my apps.. contacts.. but it just doesnt reconize my rogers sim card..

    its a rogers phone that is SEALED...

    it had the itunes usb when i first turned it on.. cuz it need to be activated..i pwned it and now its on main screen with cydia installed..

    but it just doesnt reconize my sim card..
    Lets be forward.. it did not work. Everybody needs to start saying it DOESNT work or people will keep thinking it worls.

    From what I've seen.. ( personal expericence with 7hrs of pwned flashing...)
    Start from scratch and install stock apple firmware and your guarenteed good.

    Still I have read nowwhere that explains why this random error actually happens.

    For the record, I Pwmd with 1.1.4 and had occasional random reboots... some people would say they had 0 problems when in fact they had 2 over 2 months.. ILiberty seriously gave me 0 problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by aqd84 View Post
    imma try to use my friends mac tomorrow.. i pwned my 8GB and my friends ipod with ease..

    hopefully its just winpwn... cuz i want this to work.. im sellin my 8GB soon
    Your referring to the 2G Iphone... I was too when saying Iliberty worked.. 3g and winpwned is simply not reliable... any of the three versions released int eh last 3 days.
    Last edited by dookie454; 2008-07-26 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •