Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn 2.0 Released

iPhone? More like MyPhone vedavis's Avatar
    Thanks

WinPwn 2.0.0.2 worked on XP, but not on Vista. Errors 6, 16##, and WinPwn fatal error on Vista did not appear on XP.

Quote Originally Posted by vedavis View Post
    WinPwn 2.0.0.2 worked on XP, but not on Vista. Errors 6, 16##, and WinPwn fatal error on Vista did not appear on XP.
    Worked fine for me on Vista - I used the old Version of WinPwn 2.0.0.1 but that failed tried the new version and now I have a working 2.0 Iphone

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents as I was originally getting the 1602 error. I did this first on my 2g 2.0 fw as I didn't want to mess with my 3g yet.
    Created ipsw successfully with all options checked in advanced tab. I chose to activate because I no longer have service on my 2g. Chose downgrade bl to 3.9. I pwned itunes with the custom ipsw. Next I put phone into DFU mode (Yes it was done correctly, I have done this many times, screen was black, itunes detected ipod in recovery mode, etc.). Tried restoring a few times with the custom ipsw but I got the 1602 uknown error. Very helpful. So I figured the hell with it I'll try and do a normal restore with the custom ipsw. Well that gave me an error 6 and hosed my current vanilla 2.0 install. Ok so now stuck at connect to itunes screen on my phone. After this I tried again to do a normal restore, same result. Ok now my phone is stuck at connect to itunes. I put the phone back into DFU mode (which was not easy to do from the connect to itunes screen) and did another restore with my custom ipsw. All of a sudden winpwn logo pops up on the phone and install went successfully. This was all I did. My advice is if at first you don't succeed, blah, blah, blah. That is all.

By the way I used winpwn 2.0.0.2 and included cydia in my image.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

OK so anyone else looking for a 2.0.0.3 release? As well maybe a write up about the different options? One for T-mo, At&t, and so on (The popular ones, or if 3 have the same options, them group them together)

About the different Base Firmware, and such..1.1.4, or 3.9-4.6 and what you should chose?

The fix to the vista problem...And Xp problem...

And one for 2G or Ver.1., and one for the 3G, or Ver.2...Alot of people arounf here are giving people information that is for the 3G, AND THEY ARE GETTING CONFUSED...Opps...Sry..

As for my story...I've done it every way...I'm a computer guy by school, and trade..I'm good with this stuff..I've tried it all...No luck so far...I can get in DFU mode...I can build the Custom build..I can do it all, but when i got to Itunes...It starts to unpack the firmware, and starts to load, but then die's and gives me a 1600...What the F is 1600, 1601, and so on? I dont know...But i dont want to kill my phone! SO i'm going to sit back, keep reading, and hope that someone answers the questions i wrote above, and opens my eyes a bit....I can accept PM's, or E-mail, so if you want to tell me how dumb i am for the little thing i am missing, cool!! 97vrsix@gmail.com...Or please through here is great! I'll even help witht the write up, you dictate, and i'll type!! lol

Thanks for all your help, every sugestion has not worked so far, Glad some of you are getting it going! I hope they work out some bugs today!

I bow out to go to work.....Check back in a bit!

Sincerely Mr.D

Oh, i forgot!

I DEEM THE 1600 CODE MEANING AS THE OFFICIAL "I SUCK CODE" Seeing how i suck! at this for some odd reason! lol j/k
    Last edited by 97vrsix; 2008-07-25 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi guys, first post, good to be here!

I thought I'd share my experience with you all. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this. I once tried to install Linux on my first gen iPod nano which bricked it (got a refund though ) so I was quite apprehensive about trying this.

I admit, I'm a cop-out! I bought my iPhone second hand with unlocked and jailbroken 1.1.4 already on it. Today, using WinPwn 2.0.0.2 on Windows Vista Home Premium, I braved the odds and successfully updated my iPhone to 2.0, keeping it unlocked and installing Cydia, too.

I used this guide from the guys over at theiphoneproject and it worked perfectly, up until the end where it sort of cuts off a bit short and doesn't really provide a lot of detail as to what errors can occur.

I successfully followed all the steps to pwn my iTunes, then when it came to setting the iPhone into DFU mode, it wouldn't do it from off as it says in the guide, so I did it with the phone switched on. After getting the iPhone into DFU mode, rather than iTunes telling me it was ready to restore my iPhone, a pop-up told me that iTunes couldn't recognise the device and needed to check for device drivers. This pop-up gave me two options; 'Check' and 'Cancel'. I clicked cancel thinking it may brick my iPhone, but this yielded nothing so I unplugged it, and plugged it back in again. The same message popped up again so I decided to click 'Check' this time round, which then caused iTunes to successfully detect my iPhone in DFU mode. (phew)

I then shift-clicked 'Restore' and successfully updated my iPhone to 2.0! I have to say it was relatively painless, just follow the guide and use initiative if you get stuck.

I know you're practically all experts here, and I don't mean to patronise anybody but I thought this could hopefully help someone who is a non-expert when it comes to iPhone unlocking/jailbreaking and is finding it a bit mind-boggling.

Cheers,
    Mike.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeMyIpodTouch View Post
    Full guide with pictures and more updates at the new Apple Hack Site! be sure to check it out for more updates.
    I wonder why no one has used this post. He lists all the firmwares. The last one being a custom firmware and THE only one Ive gotten too work. My own custom didnt work.
    This has been FABULOUS!! It solved all my problems. No DFU, just shift restore, set to 'set up as new phone' and BINGO. Ive had to do this all twice, the first time I used my itunes back up. Big mistake, its too glitchy, use NEW phone instead.
    Now running 2.0 on my 1st gen. WITH Cydia. I also used Iphonebrowser and restored ALL my custom sounds, my signal bars, my superman ATT replacement and my superman battery. Iphonebrowser doesnt read/write all on the new 2.0, but it works well enough. All Im missing from before is Summerboard/themes and I can wait a bit for the update.
    THANK YOU OP !!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc01814.jpg  

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rx8wrtitup View Post
    Anyone know why I cannot check anything in the ispw builder in the advanced section? It only lets me check activate phone and no wipe..
    you must have a 3g iphone. those didnt have previous bootloaders..... 2.0 was the first FW for the 3g iphone, no option to downgrade at all. Not sure of the consequences of downloading to a 3.9bl, but im sure they blocked that option out for a reason.

ok guys...so here it is..im pretty sure alot of u 3g users have been having issues..well..I JAILBROKE MY 3G!! AFTER HUNDREDS OF STEPS..

1. i deleted my 2.0 restore file..and downloaded the direct 3g firmware from the link in this post.

2. i ended process itunes helper.

3. i right click on winpwn icon. click on compability tab. and check win xp sp2 and also check to use the program as administrator..

4. i opened winpwn and loaded my 2.0 3g iswp

5. made my custom ispw including cydia and custom boot images..and in advanced i clicked off active since im a legit at&t customer and click nothing else. after that i built my custom ispw. witout a problem!!(mind u i had tried it a billion times before all gettin errors).

6.after custom ispw was built i click on the ipwn tab and loaded the custom ispw to pwn itunes! again a success..(this is when my hopes started to build as i hadnt been able to reach this point before). and yes! got a message saying itunes was pwned.

7.reloaded itunes. held shift and click restore and choose the custom ispw created earlier...and let it ride...and YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS my 3g is now jailbroke with cydia pacakage installed!!! i reallllly hope this helps if u guys need a more in detail of how i did it pm or just ask here.

ALERT!!!! i am only one user..this way happen to have worked fine for me witout a hiccup..but i cant guarantee it will work for u. but worth a shot since i didnt get not one error and my 3g iphone is great!!!..

now...haha where the apps!! woohoo

with jailbroken 3g love.
    eazycash!

ps. here are the details from winpwn

7/25/2008 8:41:42 AM - This is winpwn ver.:2.0.0.2 RC1
    7/25/2008 8:41:42 AM - Apple Mobile Device Support Version 2.0.0.33 installed.
    7/25/2008 8:41:42 AM - Failed to load image catalog
    7/25/2008 8:41:42 AM - Failed to load payload catalog
    7/25/2008 8:42:01 AM - File from:CUsers\eazy\Desktop\iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ips w
    7/25/2008 8:42:01 AM - Recognized as:iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw Type: IPSW_iPhone3G
    7/25/2008 8:42:01 AM - Be sure to connect an iPhone 3G!
    7/25/2008 8:42:51 AM - Preparing ipsw file.
    7/25/2008 8:42:52 AM - Starting IPSW building
    7/25/2008 8:42:57 AM - Adding custom Boot Logo
    7/25/2008 8:43:01 AM - Adding custom Recovery Image
    7/25/2008 8:43:03 AM - Extracting Root Filesystem
    7/25/2008 8:43:17 AM - Growing Root Filesystem
    7/25/2008 8:43:20 AM - Replacing Kernel
    7/25/2008 8:43:21 AM - Applying patch fstab.patch
    7/25/2008 8:43:21 AM - Applying patch Services.plist.patch
    7/25/2008 8:43:22 AM - Adding package Cydia.tar
    7/25/2008 8:44:35 AM - Rebuilding Root FileSystem (This will take a while)
    7/25/2008 8:45:53 AM - Writing IPSW (This also will take a while)
    7/25/2008 8:46:32 AM - Successfully created custom ipsw CUsers\eazy\Desktop\Custom-iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw
    7/25/2008 8:47:06 AM - Killing Itunes
    7/25/2008 8:47:09 AM - Itunes has been pwned. You can now restore your ipsw using DFU Mode

----------------
    Now playing: 2Pac - I Aint Mad At Cha
    via FoxyTunes
    Last edited by eazycash; 2008-07-26 at 01:54 AM. Reason: spelling error

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! These instructions seem easy but I keep getting the following errors:

1) winpwn crashes after building custom firmware and after trying to pwn itunes (ipwner)

2) i get error code 1403 when trying to restore with custom firmware

please help i have been at this all night last night and all morning today with no progress. I know it isn't user error because i have followed each of the 100s of variations of directions to a T.

WHAT DO I DO?

ok ok if u need help..first let us know exactly wat ur working with..first generation iphone..or 3g? wat kinda system win xp or vista etc..and wat version of winpwn u using..and also..did u delete every single winpwn file before downloading the new version and did u go to the compability tab and click on use as administrator and win xp sp2 compability?

also bunshedz make sure u go to ur task manager and end process itunes helper! if u do this im pretty sure u should get it to work. just uninstall winpwn and search for any winpwn file and delete em before u redownload it and try it. let me know how it goes...wat i wanna know..is there anyyyy app wat so ever ported to 2.0 and is on cydia?
    Last edited by eazycash; 2008-07-25 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

sorry i'm at work and extremely tired because i was up till 4a last nite working on this. anyway....

iphone 3g....win xp....winpwn 2.0.0.2....this is the first time i downloaded winpwn so there were no files to be deleted....and yes i went to compatibility tab etc

it still crashes and i still get error code 1403......double u tee eff!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    2.0.0.2 worked for me. I tried the earlier version with my first gen iPhone, and got all the errors everyone else did. Used the update with my 3g and everything went smooth as silk. As soon as my wife gets home with the other phone, I'll try it on it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

works great ! created ispw with no problem, no only if i could find that nice colorful apple boot up logo that was on previous winpwn ?????? anyone know where ?? good work on WINPWN !

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the same 1403 error as well. I don't know what's up. WinPWN crashed on me as well, I don't know what went wrong...
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Quote Originally Posted by grabyourweapons View Post
    i have the same 1403 error as well. I don't know what's up. Winpwn crashed on me as well, i don't know what went wrong...

help us!!!

I am having troubble with the pwn tool, got 2.0 firmware on my iphone using it, but a message popped up: Repair needed Iphone cannot make or receive calls...+ its freezing all the time
    Last edited by djck; 2008-07-25 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by busnhedz View Post
    help us!!!
    how much ram do you have.... kill everything but itunes... antivirus anything that could be hogging ram especially if u have low ram...
    winpwn can use up to 300mb of ram at its peak.

Sounds to me like you need to try using Restore mode rather than DFU mode. I've used both methods and have had success with both. But when that same issue came about for me, that's when I used Restore mode, and voila! Go to WinPwn Download and Instructions -- daviddietz.us for step by step instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by pfcfury View Post
    There should be a post for pwning, based on your Provider with all the settings needs, wether it be AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.

Cause im using AT&T and cant figure it out, all I did was Check cydia and nothing else. I unchecked activate since I am on AT&T and itunes will activate it. Now I am stuck in DFU cause Itunes gets an error even though its pwnd. It gets an error after it extracts custom ipsw file.

I do not know if payload, or anything else is needed wether it be bootloader needed or not
    Im stuck
    Last edited by ddietz11; 2008-07-25 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I've been here for the last hour trying to upgrade to 2.0 with winpwn 2.0.0.2 and nothing. Created the ipsw successfuly, pwned iTunes and tried to restore as said in many tutorials. After a 7/8min i get the error 6 and my 2G iPhone enters in Recovery Mode. Tried killing ituneshelper process but didn't work either.

Any more possible solutions? BTW I ticked Cydia and Youtube fix and I'm using Vista.

EDIT: Tried Recovery Mode, error 1604.

EDIT2: Tried on a XP Pro PC and it worked. Running 2.0 on a 2G iPhone perfectly.
    Last edited by zahavi; 2008-07-25 at 09:36 PM.

Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast